Windows 10: Chrome 80 update cripples top cybercrime marketplace

Discus and support Chrome 80 update cripples top cybercrime marketplace in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; A small change in the Google Chrome 80 browser has had a devastating effect on one of today's top cybercrime marketplaces. According to new research... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Brink Win User

Chrome 80 update cripples top cybercrime marketplace

Chrome 80 update cripples top cybercrime marketplace | ZDNet

This why Chrome is King of Browsers *Thumbs

:)

Brink, Feb 26, 2020

2. Suggestions for indie games for Xbox live marketplace

Hey guys! Im not sure if any of you remember, i havnt been on these forums forever. If this sparks your mind at all, i was the developer of that quake style FPS Engine.

My FPS Engine Thread!

Well, im back with more and more experience and wow have my skills gotten much better. Now, the reason why i am posting this is because im asking my fellow TPU users what kind of games do they want to see on the Xbox live indie game marketplace? Now that im done learning everything i can about programming and game dev, its time for me to take it to the next level and create a game. I've been doing 2d and 3d programming now for about 3 years. So do you guys have any ideas? Any genre suggestions?

My Ideas:

• Sandbox game(Like garrysmod, multiplayer)

• Zombie game(Nazi zombie kinda thing, multiplayer)

• Fort defense(1st person multiplayer fort defense)

• Space exploration and build game(Build ships flys to space, fight, mine, etc)
    Hope you guys can give me some suggestions... and thanks!

binsky3333, Feb 26, 2020
  3. Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Feb 26, 2020
  4. Naki Win User

Possible minor bug - Update with both Opera 2x & Google Chrome installed

Strange bug: Running the previous-older version of GPU-Z on Windows 7, 64-bit, SP1 and trying to update GPU-Z. Have Opera 23/24 installed as a 2ndary web browser, and Google Chrome installed as default/main web browser.
    Steps that work fine:
    1) Run GPU-Z whatever version.
    2) Open About.
    3) Click the links.
    Result: Links open correctly in default browser - Google Chrome.

Steps to reproduce bug:
    1) Run GPU-Z, version before latest.
    2) Try to check for updates.
    3) GPU-Z says an update is available.
    4) Tell it to show the update.
    Result: Link opens incorrectly in Opera 23/24, instead of default Google Chrome web browser.
    Expected: Open in Google Chrome instead.

Note: Opera 23/24 uses the same core as Google Chrome.

Please check and fix, if necessary.

Thema:

1. Chrome 80 update cripples top cybercrime marketplace - Similar Threads - Chrome update cripples

2. "Efficiency" mode not just crippling Chrome in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Efficiency" mode not just crippling Chrome in Windows 11: I work remotely via Citrix Workspace and - only recently - have been regul;arly reduced to screaming in frustration at my supposeduly powerul laptop as it slows to a crawl and takes long, random pauses. The only change I can see is the introduction of "Efficiency mode". I...
  3. "Efficiency" mode not just crippling Chrome in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Efficiency" mode not just crippling Chrome in Windows 11: I work remotely via Citrix Workspace and - only recently - have been regul;arly reduced to screaming in frustration at my supposeduly powerul laptop as it slows to a crawl and takes long, random pauses. The only change I can see is the introduction of "Efficiency mode". I...
  4. Windows Update is crippling computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update is crippling computer: I have a computer that when I turn it on sometimes, not all the time, it is very slow.When i check processes I see "Service Host : Windows Update" at tope using 34% and the processor is maxed out to 100% for about 20 minutes or longer.I can't hardly use it while it is doing...
  5. Windows Update is crippling computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Update is crippling computer: I have a computer that when I turn it on sometimes, not all the time, it is very slow.When i check processes I see "Service Host : Windows Update" at tope using 34% and the processor is maxed out to 100% for about 20 minutes or longer.I can't hardly use it while it is doing...
  6. Windows Update is crippling computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Minecraft marketplace?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft marketplace?: is there any chance of winning minecoins? Minecraft marketplace?
  8. Coronavirus Cybercrime Scams

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Coronavirus Cybercrime Scams: *This thread has been created to provide information awareness and hopefully some guidance at time of writing. As things evolve there will likely be changes and additions. Microsoft has today published the following article: Protecting against coronavirus themed phishing...
  9. Minecraft Marketplace

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Marketplace: So, where is the best place to look for help, if no one here can? I can view and purchase from the main screen just fine, however, I can't use the categories. I am running windows 10 insider slow ring and the beta version of MC. This has been going on for the past few...
  10. Chrome always on top

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome always on top: This is driving me nuts! Chrome operates normally in Windows 10 for a while. But then, at some stage it switches to always on top. I have to close Chrome and reopen for this to clear. But then after a while, it goes into always on top mode again. There seems to be some...