Windows 10: Chrome always shows that something is downloading even though nothing is. The browser is...

Discus and support Chrome always shows that something is downloading even though nothing is. The browser is... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SpyderGamer [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SpyderGamer, May 8, 2022.

1. Chrome always shows that something is downloading even though nothing is. The browser is...

/u/SpyderGamer, May 8, 2022

2. Google Chrome download

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall the application and download the setup files or install directly from Internet explorer by following the steps below:

• Open Internet explorer and type ‘www.google.com’ in the address bar.
    • To will get a notification on the right side of the browser to download and install Google Chrome.
    • Click on the notification and follow the prompts to download and install the Google Chrome application.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 8, 2022
  3. why my window is not compatible with my chrome browser?

Your question reads:

why my window is not compatible with my chrome browser?

I suggest you reverse it:

Why is my Chrome browser not compatible with my Windows 7?

This would immediately lead you to an answer:

1. Unistall Google Chrome.
    2. Download & re-install Google Chrome.

Frederik Long, May 8, 2022
  4. Arun B J Win User

Chrome always shows that something is downloading even though nothing is. The browser is...

Setting Chrome as my default browser - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue.

• Go to Start > Settings > System.
    • Choose Default apps, then scroll down to
      Web browser.
    • Tap or click the browser that’s currently listed as your default, then choose Chrome from the list of apps

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, May 8, 2022
Thema:

Chrome always shows that something is downloading even though nothing is. The browser is...

1. Chrome always shows that something is downloading even though nothing is. The browser is... - Similar Threads - Chrome always shows

2. Windows 10 Default Apps List Showing Google Chrome Even Though Chrome Was Uninstalled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Default Apps List Showing Google Chrome Even Though Chrome Was Uninstalled: Hi Microsoft Support,We have a Windows 10 Home PC that still lists Google Chrome under the Default Apps list, despite uninstalling Chrome and restarting the PC.Is there a way to remove Chrome from the default apps list for web browsers?Any help is greatly appreciated.Thank...
  3. Windows 10 Default Apps List Showing Google Chrome Even Though Chrome Was Uninstalled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Default Apps List Showing Google Chrome Even Though Chrome Was Uninstalled: Hi Microsoft Support,We have a Windows 10 Home PC that still lists Google Chrome under the Default Apps list, despite uninstalling Chrome and restarting the PC.Is there a way to remove Chrome from the default apps list for web browsers?Any help is greatly appreciated.Thank...
  4. Windows 10 Default Apps List Showing Google Chrome Even Though Chrome Was Uninstalled

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Browsers not responding even though they are not on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Browsers not responding even though they are not on: My laptop keeps on spamming me with Chrome and Explorer not responding pop up windows on Windows 7, but the browsers themselves are not on. I use Opera, but keep on being spammed by those two not responding. I haven't turned either for the past couple years and am confused....
  6. Browsers not responding even though they are not on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Browsers not responding even though they are not on: My laptop keeps on spamming me with Chrome and Explorer not responding pop up windows on Windows 7, but the browsers themselves are not on. I use Opera, but keep on being spammed by those two not responding. I haven't turned either for the past couple years and am confused....
  7. nothing shows on the protection history even though it says something should be there

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    nothing shows on the protection history even though it says something should be there: im trying to save nfs heat but it says that it is in protection history but then is just shows absolutely nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/nothing-shows-on-the-protection-history-even/a845ea47-5b3b-41ae-9612-3ba1dbe5c569
  8. Shows me a threat under 'Virus and Threat Protection' even though there is nothing there in...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Shows me a threat under 'Virus and Threat Protection' even though there is nothing there in...: Hey, I have a question. Recently I saw that I had a threat and that it was red urgent so I decided to see what it was. When I saw it, it said that there are threats and I should start actions with the recommended settings. Now, there were 3 issues: 1 Whenever I tried to click...
  9. Pc shows nothing on screen even though it’s on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc shows nothing on screen even though it’s on: Ok so the computer will turn on and the keyboard is on and everything but nothing shows up on my monitor. It just says no signal like nothings plugged. Yes I have tried all the basics like unplugging it. Any help? submitted by /u/pillpoison [link] [comments]...
  10. Chrome Opening Even Though Turned Off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chrome Opening Even Though Turned Off: Chrome is continuing to open up even though it is not the default page. It is preventing me from being able to drill down on webpages. It is almost like Chrome has highjacked my computer. Help. I can't get work done until I get this fixed....