Windows 10: Chrome and Adobe Reader open and immediately close

Discus and support Chrome and Adobe Reader open and immediately close in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Really strange problem. Owner has Windows 10 Home. His first complaint was that in trying to open a pdf, it would open and immediately close. Took over... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by cfourkays, Jul 16, 2020.

1. cfourkays Win User

Chrome and Adobe Reader open and immediately close

Really strange problem. Owner has Windows 10 Home.
    His first complaint was that in trying to open a pdf, it would open and immediately close. Took over the PC and he was right. Went to open Chrome and same thing happened.
    Everything else, all programs normal.
    First, ran Malwarebytes and adware removal. Nothing
    Uninstalled and reinstalled both programs. Same problem.
    Made sure all updates were done. 1909 had not been. Updated.
    Ran sfc /scannow. Said it fixed problems. Didn't fix this one.
    Ran all 3 DISM cleanups. Still there.
    Kinda running out of ideas.
    Since I'm working this remotely, I'm not about ready to do an install repair.
    Have the owner using Edge for both browsing and opening pdfs.

Pete

:)

cfourkays, Jul 16, 2020
  2. Ulysses Win User

Adobe Reader : opens then closes immediately

Hello community.

Have problem on Adobe reader 11. When user opens any PDF files it closes itself automatically.

I removed it by its cleaner. i did all solutions found on Google & Youtube.

OS is Windows 10 x64 LTSC.

Any ideas how to solve it without reinstalling a windows?

p.s. not helped that solution: Solved: Adobe Acrobat Pro DC closes immediately after open... - Adobe Support Community - 9335038

Ulysses, Jul 16, 2020
  3. Ulysses Win User

Thanks guys for helping.

I will all above mentioned and if they will not solves willn install Foxit then.

- - - Updated - - -

have you offline installer of it?

Ulysses, Jul 16, 2020
  4. sygnus21 Win User

If you're using Adobe Acrobat Reader, that's the old version. The "new" version is Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (still free). "Acrobat Reader" is no longer supported by Adobe. Update to Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

See my post here - Adobe Reader XI file closes 10-20 seconds after opening

I'm not going to get into a back and forth but the noise about Adobe Reader is simply that... noise. I've been using both Adobe Acrobat Reader (free) and Adobe Acrobat (paid) for years (years meaning back to my XP days) without issue. My current paid version is Adobe Acrobat 2017. My backup PC is running Reader DC.

PeaceChrome and Adobe Reader open and immediately close :)

sygnus21, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Chrome and Adobe Reader open and immediately close - Similar Threads - Chrome Adobe Reader

2. why adobe reader close it unexpectedly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why adobe reader close it unexpectedly.: i checked on event viewer, it show as picture https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-adobe-reader-close-it-unexpectedly/1cc43621-b7be-4ecd-b248-481b2bd798b1
  3. why adobe reader close it unexpectedly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why adobe reader close it unexpectedly.: i checked on event viewer, it show as picture https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-adobe-reader-close-it-unexpectedly/1cc43621-b7be-4ecd-b248-481b2bd798b1
  4. Chrome opens but immediately closes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome opens but immediately closes: chrome opens but it immediately closes sometimes it will stay open for 5 mins or all day without closing but it will happen constantly the next day until I reset my computersometimes that doesn't even work or clear all my cache which again sometimes doesn't work it's just...
  5. Chrome opens but immediately closes

Chrome opens but immediately closes: chrome opens but it immediately closes sometimes it will stay open for 5 mins or all day without closing but it will happen constantly the next day until I reset my computersometimes that doesn't even work or clear all my cache which again sometimes doesn't work it's just...
  6. Chrome opens but immediately closes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Chrome opens but immediately closes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Chrome opens but immediately closes: when I updated windows on 14/06/2021 chrome opens but it immediately closes I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it and also restarted my laptop but it always does the same thing....
  8. Adobe Reader : opens then closes immediately

Adobe Reader : opens then closes immediately: Hello community. Have problem on Adobe reader 11. When user opens any PDF files it closes itself automatically. I removed it by its cleaner. i did all solutions found on Google & Youtube. OS is Windows 10 x64 LTSC. Any ideas how to solve it without reinstalling a...
  9. program opens and closes immediately

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    program opens and closes immediately: Before the latest update to Win10, my program Jigsaw Mania was working fine. Now it opens but closes within a few seconds and is unusable now. Is there a way to fix this? I reinstalled the Jigsaw Mania program but had the same result. joe...
  10. Adobe PDF Reader Doesn't Open

Adobe PDF Reader Doesn't Open: I recently installed the adobe PDF reader. When I open the program it says the file is corrupted and will find a solution, will close. I have uninstalled and reinstalled didn't solve the program. The reader is set as the default. How do I solve problem? Thanks in advance. 56036