Windows 10: Chrome and Edge Chromium Passwords Being Removed After Restart and Sleep

Discus and support Chrome and Edge Chromium Passwords Being Removed After Restart and Sleep in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Every time I restart my computer or wake it from sleep my saved passwords in Chrome and Edge Chromium are removed and I have to re-import them from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DonT5, Jun 15, 2020.

1. DonT5 Win User

Chrome and Edge Chromium Passwords Being Removed After Restart and Sleep

Every time I restart my computer or wake it from sleep my saved passwords in Chrome and Edge Chromium are removed and I have to re-import them from Firefox. What in the name of God is going on with this disastrous update MS sent out to users. Thank god MS did not screw up Firefox as well. Since I installed the update windows sends push notifications to fix my account after I restart so it is forgetting my credentials, multiple ESENT event 642 warnings are logged and now this with the passwords and this does not even cover problems other members are having. This is so aggravating and these problems should not have happened if proper testing was done. This 2004 version is now being declared a disaster today in websites. Microsoft needs to step up and stop hiding under their desks and avoiding these issues and address these problems and when they are going to send out a fix for them. Smooth experience? Are you serious? This update is far from being a smooth experience so MS needs to stop saying that.

:)

DonT5, Jun 15, 2020
  2. Jsssssssss, Jun 15, 2020
  3. Remove Chromium

Hi,

Thank to contact us.

Option 1. To remove Chromium through the All Programs list, do the following:

Click on the Start Menu, and then choose All Programs.

Click on the Chromium folder, and then choose Uninstall Chromium.

Click Uninstall in the confirmation dialog box.

Option 2. To remove Chromium using the Control Panel, do the following:

Open the Control Panel, and then choose Uninstall a program.

Choose Chromium from the list of programs, and then click on the Uninstall button at the header of the list.

Click Uninstall in the confirmation dialog dialog box.

To clear your computer of Chromium bookmarks, browsing history, and cookies, do the following:

Click on the Start Menu in the Windows taskbar, and search for Folder Options.

Click on Folder Options, and under the View tab. enable Show hidden files, folders, and drives.

Go to Computer/Local Disk (CChrome and Edge Chromium Passwords Being Removed After Restart and Sleep :)/Users/(your username)/AppData/.

Open the Local and Roaming folders, and if you see a Chromium folder inside either of them, remove it.

If you had another issue please let me know.

Angel

AngelCarreno, Jun 15, 2020
  4. AGAGAG Win User

how to import passwords from Chrome to Edge

Are there any further steps to import passwords? I have all bookmarks and favourites in EDGE, but no saved passwords

AGAGAG, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Chrome and Edge Chromium Passwords Being Removed After Restart and Sleep - Similar Threads - Chrome Edge Chromium

2. Massive slowdown on chrome and edge chromium browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Massive slowdown on chrome and edge chromium browsers: Hi... I am using a windows 11 laptop...I have a lot of use on chrome and it has started to lag a lot... Like painfully a lot...Sending a simple email from gmail would take 10 minutes... And plus it lags everywhere on chrome... The loading animations... Website, scrolling,...
  3. Massive slowdown on chrome and edge chromium browsers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Massive slowdown on chrome and edge chromium browsers: Hi... I am using a windows 11 laptop...I have a lot of use on chrome and it has started to lag a lot... Like painfully a lot...Sending a simple email from gmail would take 10 minutes... And plus it lags everywhere on chrome... The loading animations... Website, scrolling,...
  4. Chromium Edge browser tab sleep problems

in Browsers and Email
    Chromium Edge browser tab sleep problems: Anybody else having issues with this feature? Browser tabs go to sleep and either don't wake up or take forever to wake up. I have the same issue with Google Chrome, which make sense because both browsers are now Chromium based. Tab sleep has been around for several years now...
  5. Computer restarts after being put to sleep.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer restarts after being put to sleep.: Hi all, I'm having a bit of an issue with my laptop running Windows 10. Whenever I put the computer to sleep (either via the start menu, low battery or by pressing the 'power' button which I've set to put the computer to sleep), often when I go to wake the computer it will...
  6. Edge Chromium reverts back to Legacy after restart?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium reverts back to Legacy after restart?: For some strange reason Edge reverts back to an older version of Legacy from the latest version and all my settings and bookmarks are gone. I can reinstall the latest update of Chromium Edge again and all my data is restored and I don't even have to login to all my sites that...
  7. Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge Chromium: Hi All, * We have installed edge chromium 84.0.522.63 offline installer and it has upgraded the inbuilt microsoft edge. * Current edge chromium 84.0.522.63 got upgraded automatically after an update edg chromium 86.0.622.38 has got installed from windows update. *But...
  8. Chrome and Edge Chromium Saved Passwords Being Removed After Restart and Sleep

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Chrome and Edge Chromium Saved Passwords Being Removed After Restart and Sleep: Every time I restart my computer or wake it from sleep my saved passwords in Chrome and Edge Chromium are removed and I have to re-import them from Firefox. What in the name of God is going on with this disastrous update MS sent out to users. Thank god MS did not screw up...
  9. Looking for a password manager for Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Looking for a password manager for Edge Chromium: As the title says I'm looking for a password manager that works well with Edge Chromium. Yes, I know I can store and synchronise my password's in Edge, but I want a strong password generator as well which will suggest secure passwords automatically when I sign up to new sites...
  10. Microsoft is porting Chromium Edge’s feature to Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is porting Chromium Edge’s feature to Chrome: Ever since Satya Nadella became CEO of Microsoft, Google and Microsoft have agreed to collaborate on certain projects. For example, Google is closely working with Microsoft to optimize Android for dual-screen devices like Surface Duo. Similarly, Microsoft is actively...