Windows 10: Chrome and Edge Chromium Saved Passwords Being Removed After Restart and Sleep

Discus and support Chrome and Edge Chromium Saved Passwords Being Removed After Restart and Sleep in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Every time I restart my computer or wake it from sleep my saved passwords in Chrome and Edge Chromium are removed and I have to re-import them from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DonT5, Jun 15, 2020.

1. DonT5 Win User

Chrome and Edge Chromium Saved Passwords Being Removed After Restart and Sleep

Every time I restart my computer or wake it from sleep my saved passwords in Chrome and Edge Chromium are removed and I have to re-import them from Firefox. What in the name of God is going on with this disastrous update MS sent out to users. Thank god MS did not screw up Firefox as well. Since I installed the update windows sends push notifications to fix my account after I restart so it is forgetting my credentials, multiple ESENT event 642 warnings are logged and now this with the passwords and this does not even cover problems other members are having. This is so aggravating and these problems should not have happened if proper testing was done. This 2004 version is now being declared a disaster today in websites. Microsoft needs to step up and stop hiding under their desks and avoiding these issues and address these problems and when they are going to send out a fix for them. Smooth experience? Are you serious? This update is far from being a smooth experience so MS needs to stop saying that.

:)

DonT5, Jun 15, 2020
  2. AGAGAG Win User

how to import passwords from Chrome to Edge

Are there any further steps to import passwords? I have all bookmarks and favourites in EDGE, but no saved passwords

AGAGAG, Jun 15, 2020
  3. Jsssssssss, Jun 15, 2020
  4. Chrome and Edge Chromium Saved Passwords Being Removed After Restart and Sleep

Mircosoft edge not saving passwords

Hi,

If you are willing to save password on Edge then you may try the steps provided below and see if it helps.

When you visit a website that requires you to sign in, Microsoft Edge will ask if you want your user name and password remembered. The next time you visit the site, Microsoft Edge will finish filling in your account info. Password saving is on by default,
    but here's how to turn it on or off:

• In the Microsoft Edge browser, select More actions (...)
      > Settings > View Advanced Settings.

• Turn Offer to save passwords to On.
    For ore clarification you may refer to the article mentioned below.

Remember passwords in Microsoft Edge

Do keep us updated.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

Chrome and Edge Chromium Saved Passwords Being Removed After Restart and Sleep

1. Chrome and Edge Chromium Saved Passwords Being Removed After Restart and Sleep - Similar Threads - Chrome Edge Chromium

2. PDF saved and being stored as Chrome & Edge then won't open?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDF saved and being stored as Chrome & Edge then won't open?: I am printing documents as pdfs and saving in a folder. Going back later to pull info from that document in that folder, it now has a chrome Icon and when opening document it takes you to the chrome window. It does not pull up my saved pdf document. This is also happening...
  3. PDF saved and being stored as Chrome & Edge then won't open?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PDF saved and being stored as Chrome & Edge then won't open?: I am printing documents as pdfs and saving in a folder. Going back later to pull info from that document in that folder, it now has a chrome Icon and when opening document it takes you to the chrome window. It does not pull up my saved pdf document. This is also happening...
  4. Massive slowdown on chrome and edge chromium browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Massive slowdown on chrome and edge chromium browsers: Hi... I am using a windows 11 laptop...I have a lot of use on chrome and it has started to lag a lot... Like painfully a lot...Sending a simple email from gmail would take 10 minutes... And plus it lags everywhere on chrome... The loading animations... Website, scrolling,...
  5. Massive slowdown on chrome and edge chromium browsers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Massive slowdown on chrome and edge chromium browsers: Hi... I am using a windows 11 laptop...I have a lot of use on chrome and it has started to lag a lot... Like painfully a lot...Sending a simple email from gmail would take 10 minutes... And plus it lags everywhere on chrome... The loading animations... Website, scrolling,...
  6. Edge Chromium reverts back to Legacy after restart?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium reverts back to Legacy after restart?: For some strange reason Edge reverts back to an older version of Legacy from the latest version and all my settings and bookmarks are gone. I can reinstall the latest update of Chromium Edge again and all my data is restored and I don't even have to login to all my sites that...
  7. Edge Chromium not saving Favourite changes

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium not saving Favourite changes: I am using Microsoft Edge Chrome, Version 84.0.522.61 (Official build) (64-bit) up to date. Win 10 v 1909 build (10.0.18363) I have imported my old Edge favourites and they appear in an Other favourites folder. The functionality of the new Manage favourites seems OK until I...
  8. Edge Chrome favourites not being saved.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge Chrome favourites not being saved.: I am using Microsoft Edge Chrome,Version 84.0.522.61 Official build 64-bitup to date. I have imported my old Edge favourites and they appear in an “Other favourites “ folder. The functionality of the new “Manage favourites” seems OK until I make changes, such as new...
  9. Chrome and Edge Chromium Passwords Being Removed After Restart and Sleep

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Chrome and Edge Chromium Passwords Being Removed After Restart and Sleep: Every time I restart my computer or wake it from sleep my saved passwords in Chrome and Edge Chromium are removed and I have to re-import them from Firefox. What in the name of God is going on with this disastrous update MS sent out to users. Thank god MS did not screw up...
  10. Microsoft is porting Chromium Edge’s feature to Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is porting Chromium Edge’s feature to Chrome: Ever since Satya Nadella became CEO of Microsoft, Google and Microsoft have agreed to collaborate on certain projects. For example, Google is closely working with Microsoft to optimize Android for dual-screen devices like Surface Duo. Similarly, Microsoft is actively...