Windows 10: Chrome and Edge Display Some Web Pages In A Foreign Language

Discus and support Chrome and Edge Display Some Web Pages In A Foreign Language in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; For some unknown reason, on my desktop and laptop Chrome and Microsoft Edge display some specific web pages in a foreign language (Sinhala)*. This does... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Chris Nicola, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Chrome and Edge Display Some Web Pages In A Foreign Language

For some unknown reason, on my desktop and laptop Chrome and Microsoft Edge display some specific web pages in a foreign language (Sinhala)*. This does not happen with Internet explorer. Its very annoying. I am convinced this has something to do with my Microsoft account because both devices are synced into the same account. Is there anywhere in Windows 10 settings that could make this happen?

Has anyone else experienced this problem and found a fix?

Kind regards
    Chris

*Here is an example of a page that should appear in English but appears in Sinhala
    403 Forbidden

Chrome and Edge Display Some Web Pages In A Foreign Language [​IMG]

:)

Chris Nicola, Jan 31, 2021

2. Chrome Headers appearing In A Foreign Language

When I visit the Fstoppers - Photography News and Community for Creative Professionals with Chrome all the headers appear in a foreign language. My chrome language settings are set to English. This doesn't happen with Internet Explorer. The problem is only for this specific site with Chrome. Does anyone know how to fix this? Your advice would be appreciated.

Kind regards
    Chris

Chris Nicola, Jan 31, 2021
  3. Change default language from foreign in the foreign language Window setting

I added language extensions yesterday. My system is now displaying a foreign language that I cannot read. I want to change the Default language, but I cannot execute the instructions because I cannot read page in the foreign language. Please help.

LucilleS81, Jan 31, 2021
  4. suat.cini Win User

Chrome and Edge Display Some Web Pages In A Foreign Language

Edge on RS1 cannot display a web page while Edge on RS2 ( Insider ) can !

Thanks for your response.

To answer your queries,

• I can access other web sites using Microsoft Edge.
    • I don't have another web browser installed.

I have another account, a local one ( not MS account ). That account can't display that specific web site, either.

As I said, I played with settings in Edge and also developer settings by inputting
    about:flags in the address bar of Edge. Nothing works for this web site.

I remind you this web site changed page layout ( maybe HTLM coding, too ) about two months ago. That is when the problem started.

I will be glad to hear further suggestions.

UPDATE ( Mar. 16 ): After installing second-Tuesday patches from Windows update, I hadn't done a browsing data clearing and cache reset because I had done it many times in the past to no avail. Now I have done it one more time and Edge seems to be able to
    display the web page I was complaining.

suat.cini, Jan 31, 2021
Thema:

Chrome and Edge Display Some Web Pages In A Foreign Language

1. Chrome and Edge Display Some Web Pages In A Foreign Language - Similar Threads - Chrome Edge Display

2. Chrome and Edge changing languages and bringing up the wrong web pages: Cookie limit problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome and Edge changing languages and bringing up the wrong web pages: Cookie limit problem?: I do extensive web browsing. Typically I look up specifications, parts lists, locating software for various HP systems. Sometimes after two days or maybe after two week I have to clear cookies as my lookups change language. I can click on the same URL 2 or 3 times and either...
  3. Chrome and Edge changing languages and bringing up the wrong web pages: Cookie limit problem?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome and Edge changing languages and bringing up the wrong web pages: Cookie limit problem?: I do extensive web browsing. Typically I look up specifications, parts lists, locating software for various HP systems. Sometimes after two days or maybe after two week I have to clear cookies as my lookups change language. I can click on the same URL 2 or 3 times and either...
  4. Loging screen showing some foreign language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loging screen showing some foreign language: Recently my son had hit the toggle switch on my power bar and some how corrupted my windows in the process, I couldn't load in without a bsod driver error so I've gone and reinstalled windows, Now I've noticed longer boot posts to appear and this morning my login screen was...
  5. Chrome Browser Makes a Mess of Some Web Pages!

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome Browser Makes a Mess of Some Web Pages!: I have the latest Chrome browser for my 64 bit Windows 10 pro. There are some pages that used to be fine but are now somewhat of a mess. Edge is fine so it is not the system. My wife can shop on Fred Meyer on her system and an item can be added to her cart OK, but on my...
  6. Chrome Headers appearing In A Foreign Language

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome Headers appearing In A Foreign Language: When I visit the Fstoppers - Photography News and Community for Creative Professionals with Chrome all the headers appear in a foreign language. My chrome language settings are set to English. This doesn't happen with Internet Explorer. The problem is only for this specific...
  7. Chrome Headers appearing In A Foreign Language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome Headers appearing In A Foreign Language: When I visit the Fstoppers - Photography News and Community for Creative Professionals with Chrome all the headers appear in a foreign language. My chrome language settings are set to English. This doesn't happen with Internet Explorer. The problem is only for this specific...
  8. microsoft edge not playing videos in some web pages

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    microsoft edge not playing videos in some web pages: I am using windows 10 and Microsoft edge for my web experience and have done so for some time now. everything worked fine up until a couple of weeks or so, ago. now, when viewing some websites that have videos in the content, some of those videos open up and after it...
  9. Web pages will not load on Edge or Chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    Web pages will not load on Edge or Chrome: I have just purchased a new Computer and installed Windows 10/64 Pro on brand new m.2 drive never used before, I updated windows to the current Windows Ver 1803 build 17134.228 and from then on I cannot load any pages on Edge or Chrome. I am Computer literate and have done...
  10. Foreign language appears in some places

in Windows 10 Support
    Foreign language appears in some places: I don't think the title is correctly put but the screenshot I posted would hopefully explain what i really mean. Such problem appear in couple of other places but i couldn't find it the time i was writing this. Any suggestions would be extremely appreciated. [img] 41733