Windows 10: Chrome and Edge Not Loading / Opening

Discus and support Chrome and Edge Not Loading / Opening in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Chrome and Edge browsers are not opening. I uninstalled chrome a few times, I could not open as administrator, and when I run troubleshooter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WhyAmIHereSoMuch, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Chrome and Edge Not Loading / Opening

Hi,

Chrome and Edge browsers are not opening. I uninstalled chrome a few times, I could not open as administrator, and when I run troubleshooter compatibility, the program will not open for Test Program. I recently updated Windows 10 - 2018-11 cumulative update for windows 10 version 1803 for x64

How do I

:)

WhyAmIHereSoMuch, Nov 30, 2018

2. Edge Import Bookmarks from Chrome does not work

Hi,

To resolve your issue with Microsoft Edge, we suggest that you clear your browsing data. Please follow the steps below:

• Click on the 3 dots at the upper right corner of Edge.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Go to Clear browsing data.
    • Click on Choose what to clear > Clear.
    • Try to import your bookmarks from Chrome to Microsoft Edge.

Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, Nov 30, 2018
  3. 'Previous pages' and the 'save a specific set of pages' specified in Settings will not load when opening Edge. Why?

OK, this is really bizarre-

Before I implemented any listed steps, in frustration I loaded Chrome onto the computer with issues. (I've used Chrome before, and had decided to try just using the Edge). On the other computer, I also have Chrome installed.

Since Chrome has been added, Edge now works properly! It loads the pages as its supposed to.

This doesn't make any sense in my world, but it works.... so I no longer have an issue.

Dan and Sondra, Nov 30, 2018
  4. Chrome and Edge Not Loading / Opening

Can't install Chrome from Edge in Windows 10

After reading several of the posts listed here, I too have been using Edge since updating to Windows 10 and could not download Chrome. So, following one of the suggestions, I went to the start button and opened programs and selected Windows Accessories
    and selected and opened Internet Explorer and searched for Google Chrome download and it installed in less than 3 to 5 minutes max. Not sure why problem in trying to install using Edge but Explorer allowed me to get it down in minutes. Thanks for suggestion.

RickMcKinnie, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

Chrome and Edge Not Loading / Opening

1. Chrome and Edge Not Loading / Opening - Similar Threads - Chrome Edge Loading

2. Webpages loads fine in edge but not loading in chrome, timed out in Chrome for domain...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Webpages loads fine in edge but not loading in chrome, timed out in Chrome for domain...: Webpages loads fine in edge but not loading in chrome, timed out in Chrome for domain joined PCs.-removed the device from domain and then tested, it worked fine with chrome however once domain joined then it didn't work with chromeEffected multiple/all users.Any suggestions...
  3. Webpages loads fine in edge but not loading in chrome, timed out in Chrome for domain...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Webpages loads fine in edge but not loading in chrome, timed out in Chrome for domain...: Webpages loads fine in edge but not loading in chrome, timed out in Chrome for domain joined PCs.-removed the device from domain and then tested, it worked fine with chrome however once domain joined then it didn't work with chromeEffected multiple/all users.Any suggestions...
  4. Webpages loads fine in edge but not loading in chrome, timed out in Chrome for domain...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Images not loading in Chrome, Firefox, and Edge [Fixed]

in Windows 10 News
    Images not loading in Chrome, Firefox, and Edge [Fixed]: [ATTACH]If images are not loading in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Microsoft Edge browser on your computer, here is how you can get rid of the problem. Several reasons can cause this issue, and this article explains almost all the possible solutions so that you can get...
  6. Windows is derailed when opening Edge or Chrome

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows is derailed when opening Edge or Chrome: I have a very nasty problem that used to occur only now and then in the past and resolved itself after a reboot. But as of today the reboot doesn't help anymore and I hope that anyone can help me avoiding a fresh Windows install. As soon as I open an Edge or Chrome browser...
  7. Color Shift In Edge/Chrome After Opening

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Color Shift In Edge/Chrome After Opening: After the recent update when I open either Chrome or Edge new Edge the colors appear correct for the first few seconds, then suddenly shift to a more washed out tone. Updated all my display drivers and even tried the new insider update. Can't figure this out, incredibly...
  8. open edge chrome bookmarks on left side

in Browsers and Email
    open edge chrome bookmarks on left side: I have found a chrome extension which works in edge chromium. It opens bookmarks on the left (or right) of the browser window. I have used it and it works. click here 148788
  9. Web pages will not load on Edge or Chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    Web pages will not load on Edge or Chrome: I have just purchased a new Computer and installed Windows 10/64 Pro on brand new m.2 drive never used before, I updated windows to the current Windows Ver 1803 build 17134.228 and from then on I cannot load any pages on Edge or Chrome. I am Computer literate and have done...
  10. Websites not loading in Edge and Chrome for some reason

in Browsers and Email
    Websites not loading in Edge and Chrome for some reason: Great and thanks for posting your solution.