Windows 10: Chrome and Firefox not opening after Windows update.

Discus and support Chrome and Firefox not opening after Windows update. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After the recent Windows update, whenever I open Chrome or Firefox, they just immediately close without any error message. I've looked into many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jammy Flamingo, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Chrome and Firefox not opening after Windows update.

After the recent Windows update, whenever I open Chrome or Firefox, they just immediately close without any error message. I've looked into many different solutions to the problem, but none of them seem to help. I've checked for malware and checked my firewall and antiviruses. I've tried reinstalling both apps too, to no avail. Does anyone have any advice?

:)

Jammy Flamingo, Apr 17, 2020

2. Windows 10 - Chrome and firefox are not working

This helped me with Chrome but not with Firefox.

I opened Control Panel>Troubleshooting>Programs>Advanced, Run as Administrator and then went through the steps. My problem was the Chrome wouldn't start at all, so I went through the steps and it asks what program you're having problems with, I chose Google
    Chrome, it'll go through a short diagnostic and then give you the option of Troubleshoot Program & then it gives a list of problems. I chose the first one: This program worked in earlier versions.... then click next, I clicked Windows 7, then next and it did
    it's little fix. I tested and Chrome opened up just fine.

No such luck for Firefox, though.

MarkLaFrance, Apr 17, 2020
  3. Naito Win User
    Explorer, Chrome or Firefox ?

Not that IE is my main browser (Firefox is), but Adblock Plus is available for IE now. Alternatively you can use custom Tracking Protection lists to perform a similar function. Personally, I find IE very good, but Firefox is slightly better for my use (also it's a habit). In my own personal testing, Chrome used twice memory of Firefox with exactly the same tabs open (due to the way it manages processes). Some people have experienced many issues with Firefox, but I rarely ever do.

Naito, Apr 17, 2020
  4. SkyAsma Win User

Chrome and Firefox not opening after Windows update.

Chrome and Firefox do not work in Windows 10 after an update

Thanks for your response.

Here is what I faced and what I tried to resolve it.

• When did the issue start? : A week before I got an update on Windows 10, after the update I am no longer able to use Firefox/Chrome.

• Were there any changes made before the issue occurred? : I did not make any changes but looked up for suggestions over here and ran Windows Update Troubleshooter. Nothing came in those runs.

• Have you tried updating your flash player? : No, I did not.

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far? : Answered above. The Troubleshooter did not resolve this issue. I have tried to reinstall both the browsers. Still nothing works.

SkyAsma, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

Chrome and Firefox not opening after Windows update.

1. Chrome and Firefox not opening after Windows update. - Similar Threads - Chrome Firefox opening

2. Chrome and Firefox won't open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Chrome and Firefox won't open: So, a long time ago I was using Chrome and one day, Chrome started to close itself. I realized that to reopen Chrome I had to go to task manager and restart the Windows Explorer process, but even after restarting it, Chrome still closed a few seconds after opening it. I tried...
  3. Chrome/Firefox not starting and Windows Update not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Chrome/Firefox not starting and Windows Update not working: Hi, Since this morning, I'm having some issues with Windows 10. Chrome wouldn't start and Firefox just displayed an error reporting window. I tried uninstall, reboot, reinstall for both. Didn't help. I noticed there were a couple small updates available, as well as a...
  4. Downloading chrome or firefox

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downloading chrome or firefox: My new laptops won't download chrome or firefox. I think Microsoft is doing this on purpose because I see threads going back at least 2 years with same problem and it hasn't been addressed. I now can't even get the "offline" programs. Any help with this? Should I just...
  5. After A Firefox update, Firefox willl only open in Windows Safe Mode

in Browsers and Email
    After A Firefox update, Firefox willl only open in Windows Safe Mode: Windows version 1909, build 18363.720 Since upgrading from W7 to W10 in January 2020, every time FF has an upgrade it refuses to open in Windows normal mode. The first attempt I believe was FF72 to FF73, then to 74, and now 74.01. Clicking on the FF icon causes the activity...
  6. After A Firefox update, Firefox willl only open in Windows Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After A Firefox update, Firefox willl only open in Windows Safe Mode: Windows version 1909, build 18363.720 Since upgrading from W7 to W10 in January 2020, every time FF has an upgrade it refuses to open in Windows normal mode. The first attempt I believe was FF72 to FF73, then to 74, and now 74.01. Clicking on the FF icon causes the activity...
  7. Browser windows and tabs open randomly in Edge, Firefox and Chrome

Browser windows and tabs open randomly in Edge, Firefox and Chrome: Greetings, I started having this problem around the time I installed the Windows 10 Home 1909 version, build 18363.535. Web browser tabs are opening without user input. e.g. if I'm working in Firefox, the tab I am in will open my home page. Seemingly, in Edge, a new...
  8. BSOD When openning Firefox / Chrome

BSOD When openning Firefox / Chrome: Hello. Windows 10 recently updated to version 1903 and since then I'm having a BSOD as soon as I open Firefox or Chrome. If I open edge it does open and I can browse find, however after a some random time I get the BSOD. I have tried all I can think of. I updated all the...
  9. Firefox vs Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox vs Chrome: I switched back to Google Chrome from firefox some months ago and it's been fine...However, i got curious *Wink today and decided to download Firefox again and play with it to see how it is now...One thing i did observe is that it does seem more snappy about loading in web...
  10. after update firefox and chrome fonts washed up

in Browsers and Email
    after update firefox and chrome fonts washed up: version 1709 16299248 kb4074588 just downloaded today firefox and chrome both showing washed out fonts shutdown no help, restart no help, latest version on both browsers would reinstalling them do anything 104251

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chrome and firefox not opening

2. cannot open chrome or firefox

3. chrome and firefox not opening windows 10

4. chrome and firefox not working but edge works,
  5. when will the new chrome be pushed via windows update?,
  6. chrome and firefox not opening 2020,
  7. chrome and firefox will not open,
  8. chrome and firefox both are not opening,
  9. firefox and chrome not opening,
  10. Chrome and Firefox not working,
  11. chrome and firefox not opening on windows 10,