Windows 10: Chrome and Firefox won't open

Discus and support Chrome and Firefox won't open in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So, a long time ago I was using Chrome and one day, Chrome started to close itself. I realized that to reopen Chrome I had to go to task manager and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by [Zacky], Mar 31, 2021.

1. [Zacky] Win User

Chrome and Firefox won't open

So, a long time ago I was using Chrome and one day, Chrome started to close itself. I realized that to reopen Chrome I had to go to task manager and restart the Windows Explorer process, but even after restarting it, Chrome still closed a few seconds after opening it. I tried to uninstall it and reinstall it but absolutely nothing works, not even watching YouTube videos. So since I couldn't do anything, I decided to download Firefox, I've been using Firefox for about 5 months and today this happens, I'm not able to open Firefox anymore, the only thing that appears is a window for a millisecond. As I did with Chrome, I uninstalled and reinstalled, watched some Youtube videos but nothing works.

Please help me.

:)

[Zacky], Mar 31, 2021

2. Chrome and Firefox not opening after Windows update.

Somehow chrome & firefox have appeared in the list of forbidden aplications in family panel of Microsoft account.

That's why these apps were closing just after you have opened them.

Removing chrome & firefox from that list solves the problem.

Have a nice day.

RafałWiatrowski, Mar 31, 2021
  3. Microsoft Family Features blocking Chrome and Firefox

How do I make it so it doesn`t do this? I have already removed myself from my Microsoft family and it still won`t let me access firefox or google chrome.

CristianVillaran, Mar 31, 2021
  4. Chrome and Firefox won't open

Windows 10 - Chrome and firefox are not working

This helped me with Chrome but not with Firefox.

I opened Control Panel>Troubleshooting>Programs>Advanced, Run as Administrator and then went through the steps. My problem was the Chrome wouldn't start at all, so I went through the steps and it asks what program you're having problems with, I chose Google
    Chrome, it'll go through a short diagnostic and then give you the option of Troubleshoot Program & then it gives a list of problems. I chose the first one: This program worked in earlier versions.... then click next, I clicked Windows 7, then next and it did
    it's little fix. I tested and Chrome opened up just fine.

No such luck for Firefox, though.

MarkLaFrance, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

Chrome and Firefox won't open

1. Chrome and Firefox won't open - Similar Threads - Chrome Firefox won't

2. Firefox problem (won't open)

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox problem (won't open): Hey Gang, having a problem with FireFox this morning ! It won't open to anything other than what the picture shows ! I have deleted it & removed everything even in the registry, then reloaded it & still the same ! The Edge works fine ! Even the links does not work !! Anyone...
  3. Google Chrome won't open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Chrome won't open.: Can someone help me please? My Dad setup Microsoft family features on my Dell Laptop and when I try to open Google Chrome on the non-administrator account it says you can't open it because of Microsoft Family Features but on the administrator account, I can open it. Also, I...
  4. Chrome won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome won't open: my chrome stopped working today. it won't open. So i deleted it and got the latest google. but it still won't work. i have some games on my laptop from steam and that's it....
  5. Firefox and Chrome won't run unless "run as administrator"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Firefox and Chrome won't run unless "run as administrator": Windows 10 Pro, Version 1909, Build 18363.418 Firefox and Chrome have both ceased to start unless "run as administrator". I can see the window form for the application, but is goes away almost instantly. Task manager shows no process still running after that, so it goes away...
  6. Google Chrome won't open.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google Chrome won't open.: My Google Chrome file & shortcut won't open, and my Antivirus can't delete the files that I think are causing this. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-wont-open/a9076741-2043-4e2d-9a87-d017ae2b5d57
  7. Chrome and Firefox not opening after Windows update.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chrome and Firefox not opening after Windows update.: After the recent Windows update, whenever I open Chrome or Firefox, they just immediately close without any error message. I've looked into many different solutions to the problem, but none of them seem to help. I've checked for malware and checked my firewall and...
  8. BSOD When openning Firefox / Chrome

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD When openning Firefox / Chrome: Hello. Windows 10 recently updated to version 1903 and since then I'm having a BSOD as soon as I open Firefox or Chrome. If I open edge it does open and I can browse find, however after a some random time I get the BSOD. I have tried all I can think of. I updated all the...
  9. Firefox won't open sometimes

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox won't open sometimes: Hi All, Windows 1809 has gone weird on Firefox sometimes and displays a popup window stating "Can't open this item" I always have my browsers pinned to the taskbar and every so often when I click on the firefox icon on taskbar i get a popup window. I am attaching a pic....
  10. Firefox suddenly won't open website

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox suddenly won't open website: After ages accessing a regular website forum with no problems, this morning it stuck halfway then the notice below appeared. "The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified." I've no idea what caused...