Windows 10: Chrome and Opera, keep crashing saying out of memory or process terminated.

Discus and support Chrome and Opera, keep crashing saying out of memory or process terminated. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Completed 2 fresh installations. Keeps saying out of memory when opening new tabs or browsing. Running 16GB ram, I7 6600K Processor on a Asus Z170 Pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MarcSmithUK, May 28, 2021.

1. Chrome and Opera, keep crashing saying out of memory or process terminated.

Completed 2 fresh installations. Keeps saying out of memory when opening new tabs or browsing. Running 16GB ram, I7 6600K Processor on a Asus Z170 Pro gaming motherboard. Ran the Intel CPU Diagnostics, and memory tests, all have come back clear, even changed motherboard. Any advice ? Thanks in advance.

:)

MarcSmithUK, May 28, 2021
  2. Naki Win User

Possible minor bug - Update with both Opera 2x & Google Chrome installed

Strange bug: Running the previous-older version of GPU-Z on Windows 7, 64-bit, SP1 and trying to update GPU-Z. Have Opera 23/24 installed as a 2ndary web browser, and Google Chrome installed as default/main web browser.
    Steps that work fine:
    1) Run GPU-Z whatever version.
    2) Open About.
    3) Click the links.
    Result: Links open correctly in default browser - Google Chrome.

Steps to reproduce bug:
    1) Run GPU-Z, version before latest.
    2) Try to check for updates.
    3) GPU-Z says an update is available.
    4) Tell it to show the update.
    Result: Link opens incorrectly in Opera 23/24, instead of default Google Chrome web browser.
    Expected: Open in Google Chrome instead.

Note: Opera 23/24 uses the same core as Google Chrome.

Please check and fix, if necessary.

3. RAM creeps up, RAMMap says Chrome running 7,000+ processes when closed

Just to confirm, did you enable Show Details for All Processes?

Chrome and Opera, keep crashing saying out of memory or process terminated. [​IMG]

This does look like a memory leak. However, normally when a process is terminated the OS should release all its memory allocations. So it's not clear to me what exactly is going on with Chrome.

I'm assuming you're running the latest version of Chrome. Are you running any extensions?

PolarNettles, May 28, 2021
  4. rivre Win User

Chrome and Opera, keep crashing saying out of memory or process terminated.

Installing Chrome extensions in Opera

I used to be able to install Chrome extensions in Opera directly from the Chrome extensions store with an extension called "install Chrome extensions". Now I can't install extensions for some reason. The current extensions I previous installed update okay and run fine.

Trying to find a solution, I came across several articles from last year saying that starting with Opera 55 beta, Opera would automatically allow you to install Chrome extensions without needing that additional extension. But Opera isn't letting me do that. All the extensions on Chrome's store say "available for Chrome" with no install link. Opera is up to date.

Has something changed I don't know about?

rivre, May 28, 2021
Thema:

Chrome and Opera, keep crashing saying out of memory or process terminated.

1. Chrome and Opera, keep crashing saying out of memory or process terminated. - Similar Threads - Chrome Opera keep

2. Google Chrome, Brave, Opera, and Opera GX Unable to open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Google Chrome, Brave, Opera, and Opera GX Unable to open: Hello,I've ran into a strange issue involving google chrome and potentially other browsers as well. At first, after transferring my files, folders, data, etc. To a new SSD I installed, I was still able to use Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge without any issues, until one day...
  3. Chrome Keeps Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome Keeps Crashing: I am a Windows 11 User and so I updated my computer to 22H2 and Chrome keeps Crashing Before 22H2 I was on 22H1 Where Chrome had not crashed even once but on windows 22H2 chrome Crashes now and then and Right Before chrome Crashes Hardware Acceleration Turns off...
  4. Chrome Keeps Crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome Keeps Crashing: I am a Windows 11 User and so I updated my computer to 22H2 and Chrome keeps Crashing Before 22H2 I was on 22H1 Where Chrome had not crashed even once but on windows 22H2 chrome Crashes now and then and Right Before chrome Crashes Hardware Acceleration Turns off...
  5. the process has terminated because it could not allocate additional memory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    the process has terminated because it could not allocate additional memory: I put my laptop sleep yesterday and this morning it showed thisHELP!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-process-has-terminated-because-it-could-not/3125c483-45f4-4e42-af58-19ba9630cf48
  6. Edge , Chrome and Opera All browsers , keep crashing saying out of memory or process...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Edge , Chrome and Opera All browsers , keep crashing saying out of memory or process...: Completed 2 fresh installations. Keeps saying out of memory when opening new tabs or browsing. Running 16GB ram, I7 6600K Processor on a Asus Z170 Pro gaming motherboard. Ran the Intel CPU Diagnostics, and memory tests, all have come back clear, even changed motherboard. Have...
  7. Game Process Terminated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Process Terminated: Someone pleas help me solve the issue, I play some game and got force close like alt+f4 without notifycation, so i decide to check Event View and i got this-System-Provider[ Name] SmartGuard-EventID33[ Qualifiers]...
  8. Crash apps 'the process has terminated because it could not allocate additional memory" an...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Crash apps 'the process has terminated because it could not allocate additional memory" an...: How to fix this cause after i delete my large file games and there still 290 gb in my space some of my application keeps on crashing and while i'm install some games it says an error occured while unpacking how to fix this??...
  9. Installing Chrome extensions in Opera

in Browsers and Email
    Installing Chrome extensions in Opera: I used to be able to install Chrome extensions in Opera directly from the Chrome extensions store with an extension called "install Chrome extensions". Now I can't install extensions for some reason. The current extensions I previous installed update okay and run fine....
  10. Chrome Keeps Crashing

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome Keeps Crashing: I tried installing the 32 bit version of Chrome, but got the same results. Any ideas? Thanks 54252

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Opera out of memory 2021