Windows 10: Chrome and System Crashing

Discus and support Chrome and System Crashing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I'm actually experiencing this issue for almost a month now. Whenever I open too many tabs, it will freeze and there's a message prompt from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by evelintz21, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Chrome and System Crashing

Hello,I'm actually experiencing this issue for almost a month now. Whenever I open too many tabs, it will freeze and there's a message prompt from Chrome that I'm out of memory Aw Snap! when I do have a lot of memory 16gb. I'm also consistently monitoring my RAM usage and it's not that high while opening too many tabs. There's also instances that my screen turns black for 2-3 seconds.

:)

evelintz21, Oct 25, 2021
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Oct 25, 2021
  3. Google Chrome crashes

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that the Chrome browser crashes. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check whether you are able to repair Google Chrome and check if that helps.

In Search, enter Control Panel and select Control Panel.

• Select Programs > Programs and
      Features
      , and then select the program.
    • Select Uninstall to remove the program.
    • To fix the program, select Repair or, if that’s not available, Change.
    • Follow the directions on the screen
    If the repair option is not present, you may uninstall and reinstall the application and check if that helps.

If the issue still persists, it would be better if you contact the Google Chrome support for further assistance.

Hope the provided information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 25, 2021
  4. Chrome and System Crashing

google chrome crashes in Windows 10

Hello Diane,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

What is the exact error message when Google chrome crashes?

I understand chrome crashes in Windows 10. The issue might arise due to various reasons, including system file corruption or due to user profile corruption.

In order to troubleshoot the issue, I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if the issue persists.

Method 1:

Try to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption.
    SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

• Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow

If the issue still exists, try the next method.

Method 2:

You may check the same issue with the new user account.

Try these steps to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Select Add an Account.
    • Enter a user name and hit Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    • Check if issue persists.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Oct 25, 2021
Thema:

Chrome and System Crashing

1. Chrome and System Crashing - Similar Threads - Chrome System Crashing

2. Chrome crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome crash: Running Windows 11. Chrome crashes almost immediately when opened. It worked fine yesterday. When this first occurred, I got a message box that asked if I wanted to restore, and before I could act, the app crashed. I uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome and again it crashed...
  3. Chrome crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome crash: Running Windows 11. Chrome crashes almost immediately when opened. It worked fine yesterday. When this first occurred, I got a message box that asked if I wanted to restore, and before I could act, the app crashed. I uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome and again it crashed...
  4. Chrome and System Crashing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chrome and System Crashing: Hello,I'm actually experiencing this issue for almost a month now. Whenever I open too many tabs, it will freeze and there's a message prompt from Chrome that I'm out of memory Aw Snap! when I do have a lot of memory 16gb. I'm also consistently monitoring my RAM usage and...
  5. Chrome and System Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome and System Crashing: Hello,I'm actually experiencing this issue for almost a month now. Whenever I open too many tabs, it will freeze and there's a message prompt from Chrome that I'm out of memory Aw Snap! when I do have a lot of memory 16gb. I'm also consistently monitoring my RAM usage and...
  6. Chrome Crash

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome Crash: I know this is not Win 10 issue, but have not been able to find answers on Google Chrome forums. Microsoft Windows Home Ver 10.0.19042 Build 19042 Have been using Chrome for a long time, and yesterday it quit. Program loads and the bookmarks bar is populated, however there is...
  7. Chrome Crash

in Windows 10 Support
    Chrome Crash: I know this is not Win 10 issue, but have not been able to find answers on Google Chrome forums. Microsoft Windows Home Ver 10.0.19042 Build 19042 Have been using Chrome for a long time, and yesterday it quit. Program loads and the bookmarks bar is populated, however there is...
  8. MY CHROME CRASHES !!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MY CHROME CRASHES !!!: This issue started On Friday 10/12 My chrome started crashing then i clean up, run antivirus, deleted chrome, and put back, did 5 times. I need help, i dont like other browser. It never happened before, PL;EASE HELP!!! SOS I also deleted adobe shockwave and flash. PLEASE...
  9. Chrome crashes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chrome crashes: I switched tabs and Chrome browser suddenly crashed. It keeps crashing when I press the tabs with fingers. I’ve already tried to uninstall and reinstall Chrome, no effect. Can you help me? I use Surface Pro....
  10. Chrome constantly crashing

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome constantly crashing: Not sure why, but when I open Chrome (after it has crashed once), I am able to restore the tabs I previously had open, but then immediately after, it crashes again. I have tried searching for malicious software using the Chrome Cleanup Tool and none was found. I have also run...