Windows 10: Chrome App side by side configuration failing

Discus and support Chrome App side by side configuration failing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was using chrome then my laptop was updated and right after updating it I went to open chrome again but I received a notification saying that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AnnemarieGigante, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Chrome App side by side configuration failing

I was using chrome then my laptop was updated and right after updating it I went to open chrome again but I received a notification saying that the app has failed to start because the side by side configuration is incorrect. I use chrome everyday so I would like to be able to open the app. Is there any way to fix this issue and still keep everything that is saved on my chrome app. Thank you

:)

AnnemarieGigante, Jun 19, 2019
  2. Solaris17 Win User

is there any demand for a system configurator?

Processor(V) <--drop down arrow
    -AMD(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---AM2(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---939(V)
    ----List of CPU's
    -Intel(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---775(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---771(V)
    ----List of CPU's

etc etc.

Solaris17, Jun 19, 2019
  3. Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jun 19, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Chrome App side by side configuration failing

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

Chrome App side by side configuration failing

1. Chrome App side by side configuration failing - Similar Threads - Chrome App side

2. "Side-by-side configuration."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Side-by-side configuration.": Ok. New to computers but I'm trying to install MSI Afterburner. I keep getting "failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect." Ive Downloaded the microsoft C++ redistributable packages. I've ran sxstrace. This is what came back. But I don't know how to...
  3. side by side configuration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    side by side configuration: the application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/side-by-side-configuration/375110d8-05d1-4c69-8ecc-087f88676162
  4. side by side configuration

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    side by side configuration: the application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/side-by-side-configuration/375110d8-05d1-4c69-8ecc-087f88676162
  5. Side by Side configuration

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Side by Side configuration: Have a new computer running windows 10, been trying to install drivers for 3D spacemouse but get an error message saying "application failed to start because it's side by side configuration is incorrect" Everything I have read says to update the C++ but the update is not for...
  6. Google Chrome: side by side configuration

Google Chrome: side by side configuration: When I try to use google chrome on my laptop, I get an error message about chrome failing because of side by side configuration. It only opens if I create a shortcut [ATTACH] Any advice for this problem ? Thank you...
  7. side-by-side configuration

side-by-side configuration: hi my name is Roopesh. I have installed windows 10 recently, but when I open a programme it is showing that side-by-side configuration is incorrect even though I have installed Microsoft visual c++ its not working. so please help me to get rid of this problem....
  8. side-by-side configuration

side-by-side configuration: side-by-side config error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/side-by-side-configuration/ee553de1-1bfe-4987-ad58-c596b29795c4
  9. Side by Side configuration

Side by Side configuration: I need help I have Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018 and when i open it say failed to start because side by side configuration is incorrect i opened event viewer and here's what i found Activation context generation failed for "Its location". Dependent Assembly...
  10. side by side configuration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    side by side configuration: I treid downloading Microsoft flight simulator x: steam edition and when I went to install it I got an error "the application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect". ive tried just about everything to fix this even contacting Microsoft...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the application has failed side-by-side google chrome

2. chrome failed to start side-by-side

3. sxstrace.exe chrome

4. chrome failed to start side by side,
  5. side by side chrome fail,
  6. chrome side to side application failed,
  7. chrome application failed to start side-by-side,
  8. chrome the application failed side by side,
  9. side by side configuration chrome,
  10. chrome startup fail side-by-side,
  11. he app failed to run because side to side config chrome,
  12. side by side app issue chrome,
  13. unable to launch google chrome due to side by side configuration is not correct,
  14. chrome application failed side by side,
  15. chrome fails to start with incorrect side-by-side configuration on windows 10