Windows 10: Chrome background tabs NOT loading until focused..

Discus and support Chrome background tabs NOT loading until focused.. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Version 75.0.3770.100 (Official Build) (64-bit) This problem seems to be across all chromium builds in my computer: Google Chrome, Brave, Opera Any new... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ameri9595, Jun 30, 2019.

1. ameri9595 Win User

Chrome background tabs NOT loading until focused..

Version 75.0.3770.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    This problem seems to be across all chromium builds in my computer: Google Chrome, Brave, Opera
    Any new tab that I open keeps on loading forever "fake loading" until I select it; only then it loads normally
    I JUST CAN'T know what causes it! It happened out of nowhere when I switched to Windows 10, I was on Windows 7/8.1 loading pages normally without any of the said issues.. When I looked it up online some people say it is NORMAL since 2015 caused by ram being filled but it isn't, none of my friends has it and I have 8 gigs of nearly free ram since I've a freshly installed Windows 10. Please help I'd be really really thankful..
    PS: Tried resetting whole browser to stock default settings and problem persists.

:)

ameri9595, Jun 30, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Google Chrome Reducing power consumption for background tabs

Source: Chromium Blog: Reducing power consumption for background tabs

Brink, Jun 30, 2019
  3. harrymc Win User
    Chrome bookmark bar background with high contrast

If you have found a theme that is almost acceptable but would like to
    customize it further, this is how you do that in steps.

Step 1 : Allow the viewing of hidden files

1. In the Control Panel, open File Explorer Options.
    2. Go to the View tab for a list of advanced settings
    3. Under "Hidden files and folders" click "Show hidden files, folders, and drives"
    4. Click OK

Step 2 : Find your theme

1. Open Windows Explorer
    2. Navigate to
      C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions
    3. Sort by date descending the list of folders that have strange names
      to find your theme (should be the most recent one).

Step 3 : Modify the theme

1. In the folder of the theme (or a sub-folder), open the file
      manifest.json in a text editor.
    2. Find the "colors" section which will look like this:

and also :

1. The color of the bookmarks text is given by "bookmark_text"
      and the numbers inside the parenthesis contain the RGB values
      (red, green, blue).
    2. Change the number to the color you like. You may use a color-picker
      for that (picker1
      or picker2
      or any other).
    3. If you wish to change the background color of the header,
      this is unfortunately specified by an image
      in "theme_toolbar". You could use the
      Chrome Theme Creator to build another one.
    4. Save your changes and restart Chrome.

I suggest making a copy of the theme's folder before modifying
    the file manifest.json as a backup.

More information can be found in the articles :

harrymc, Jun 30, 2019
  4. kraft_mkd Win User

Open in new TAB in IE. That new tab should load in background.

It’s really annoying problem for years, acknowledged by most browsers, specially @Opera.

Open in new TAB in IE. That new tab should load in background.

Open in new tab is most of the times used for selecting articles to read while at the same time those “new tab articles” are loaded in the background.

I hate seeing the same mistake at IE again.

K

kraft_mkd, Jun 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Chrome background tabs NOT loading until focused.. - Similar Threads - Chrome background tabs

2. Cant Focus Background Window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant Focus Background Window: I'm having this really annoying Issue for about a Day now. Windows won't let me interact with any Background Window unless I middle Click it. Let me explain: let's say for example I'm currently in my Chrome Browser, everything within Chrome works fine as it should... but as...
  3. Cant Focus Background Window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant Focus Background Window: I'm having this really annoying Issue for about a Day now. Windows won't let me interact with any Background Window unless I middle Click it. Let me explain: let's say for example I'm currently in my Chrome Browser, everything within Chrome works fine as it should... but as...
  4. Cant Focus Background Window

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Input focus on background window

Input focus on background window: How can I have keyboard input focus on a background window, but still have the foreground window layered on top? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/input-focus-on-background-window/258b2355-cab3-4cae-b6f0-1f60cb189104
  6. Input focus on background window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Input focus on background window: How can I have keyboard input focus on a background window, but still have the foreground window layered on top? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/input-focus-on-background-window/258b2355-cab3-4cae-b6f0-1f60cb189104
  7. Chrome background tabs NOT loading until focused..

Chrome background tabs NOT loading until focused..: Version 75.0.3770.100 (Official Build) (64-bit) This problem seems to be across all chromium builds in my computer: Google Chrome, Brave, Opera Any new tab that I open keeps on loading forever "fake loading" until I select it; only then it loads normally I JUST CAN'T know...
  8. Manage Audio Focus Across Tabs in Google Chrome in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Manage Audio Focus Across Tabs in Google Chrome in Windows: How to: Manage Audio Focus Across Tabs in Google Chrome in Windows How to Manage Audio Focus Across Tabs in Google Chrome in Windows In Google Chrome, you can enable or disable a flag for an experimental feature to mute a previous tab playing audio whenever you open...
  9. Enable or Disable Google Chrome Background Tab Throttling in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Google Chrome Background Tab Throttling in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Google Chrome Background Tab Throttling in Windows How to Enable or Disable Google Chrome Background Tab Throttling in Windows The stable channel of Google Chrome 57 for desktop ships with the background tab throttling power optimization...
  10. Google Chrome Reducing power consumption for background tabs

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome Reducing power consumption for background tabs: Efficient power usage is an important aspect of speed, one of Chrome’s key pillars. To prolong battery life, Chrome should minimize power impact from things users can’t see. This includes background tabs, which consume a third of Chrome's power usage on desktop. Starting in...