Windows 10: Chrome Blocked by Microsoft Family

Discus and support Chrome Blocked by Microsoft Family in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; See image below. My daughter is an adult, but we created her account many years ago. She is no longer part of our "Microsoft Family" but cannot access... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by mattwill, Jul 22, 2019.

1. mattwill Win User

Chrome Blocked by Microsoft Family

See image below. My daughter is an adult, but we created her account many years ago. She is no longer part of our "Microsoft Family" but cannot access chrome. We tried adding her back in to the family and granting permission. Nothing works.

HELP!

Chrome Blocked by Microsoft Family a81038c3-f89b-4c4c-afad-8b28d2d902a2?upload=true.jpg

:)

mattwill, Jul 22, 2019
  2. Carlo Fer Win User

Microsoft family blocking chrome

Hello
    MayceHoag,

To disable family features and turn off family settings on Windows 10, I suggest that you follow the steps outlined in these support articles:

Make sure you're signed in with your Microsoft account to
    account.microsoft.com/family

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Carlo Fer, Jul 22, 2019
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Family Features blocking google chrome

Hi Taylor,

It is possible that there is an issue with the Family settings. This can be the reason why you're unable to use Google Chrome. We recommend that you check you family settings by accessing account.microsoft.com/family
    to see Google Chrome is added to restricted applications.

If you're already an adult in your family settings, we suggest removing your account from your family settings and see if you will be able to access Google Chrome. We also suggest creating a new Microsoft account, and then add that account to your family
    as an adult. These steps will allow us to verify if there is an issue with your family settings or if there is an issue with your original Microsoft account.

We'll be waiting for the outcome.

Argel Obm, Jul 22, 2019
  4. Chrome Blocked by Microsoft Family

Microsoft Family Blocking Chrome but I have given Permission

Hi Willsyjp,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the complete message that you are getting for the permission?
    2. Are you able to successfully remove Content Restriction from the blocked list?
    3. What is the message that your son is getting when trying to access Google Chrome?

Meanwhile, try the below troubleshooting methods and check if this helps.

Before trying the below methods, try allowing Google App by logging into your
    Microsoft Account > Under your child's account > Allow Google App and check if your child is able to access Google Chrome.

Method 1:
    Family Safety Troubleshooter.

Download and run the Family
    Safety Troubleshooter
    and check if this troubleshooter finds any error.

Method 2:
    Turning Off Block Inappropriate Apps, Games & Media Option.

Follow the section Online from
    Block inappropriate apps, games, and media on Windows 10 and Xbox One
    and turn Off the option Block inappropriate apps, games & media.

Once you turn off this option, ask your child to access Google Chrome. If he is able to access Google Chrome, turn On the above option and tell him to access Google Chrome, then you can approve his request and check if he is
    able to access Google Chrome after the approval.

Method 3:
    Removing And Adding Your Child.

If the above methods didn't work, then I suggest you to
    Remove Your Child From The Family Group and then
    Add Your Child To The Family Group again and this will refresh
    the permissions for your child.

If you have additional questions, or if the issue persists after the troubleshooting steps above, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jul 22, 2019
Thema:

Chrome Blocked by Microsoft Family

1. Chrome Blocked by Microsoft Family - Similar Threads - Chrome Blocked Microsoft

2. Microsoft family features blocking chrome after i have left the family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft family features blocking chrome after i have left the family: So I recently installed windows 10 on my home computer and everything seemed to work fine until I opened chrome. Chrome wouldn't open and told me to ask a parents permission. I quickly got to the bottom of that since I had no other accounts connected to mine to my knowledge....
  3. Microsoft Family Blocking Chrome but I have given Permission

Microsoft Family Blocking Chrome but I have given Permission: Both of my young sons have a Window's 10 machine. I have just fixed the MS-WPC error message, however it needed me to give them both permission to use Chrome. For one of their account no problems, they requested through email and I granted permission. The other one did the...
  4. Can't Block Applications in Microsoft Family

Can't Block Applications in Microsoft Family: I have accounts for each of my family members in Microsoft Family safety. I looked at recent activity for one of my children and I was allowed to block the use of Google Chrome. However when I go to another child's account and look at recent activity, it says "Can't Block"...
  5. Microsoft family is blocking installation

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft family is blocking installation: I want to install the software but when I click on the setup.exe I get a message ‘Ask for permission. You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: Setup Launcher’. I am adult and the administrator but cannot install the software....
  6. Microsoft Family feature blocking chrome, even when the account is removed from Microsoft...

Microsoft Family feature blocking chrome, even when the account is removed from Microsoft...: So I got a Xbox 1S for Christmas. We hooked it up and did all our accounts, then discovered something called Microsoft Family Features. We created a family, and later in the day I went on my pc to watch some YouTube. I have no restrictions on my PC, except a time limit. Then...
  7. Microsoft family features blocking installation

Microsoft family features blocking installation: I'm attempting to install some old software for which I just have an .bin file. When I click on the setup.exe I get a message Ask for permission You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: Setup Launcher I am the administrator, I am the adult in the family...
  8. MS Family started blocking Chrome

MS Family started blocking Chrome: I see no setting to block Chrome. Why is Chrome blocked? Everything was fine on this machine until a week ago and it started blocking for no reason when this machine had no issue opening it. Additionally, there is an email button for permissions. No email was ever received...
  9. Microsoft family features blocking firefox!!!!

Microsoft family features blocking firefox!!!!: Whenever I try to open Firefox or Google Chrome it always displays this message: [ATTACH] Then if I click "Ask by email" it shows: [ATTACH] Which I assume is due to my Microsoft account already being an adult. I've spent countless hours googling, researching how other people...
  10. Family features blocking chrome

Family features blocking chrome: Before you say anything I've already searched up everything and I'm not in a family but I still cant access chrome and also I'm an administrator for my computer but still cant access chrome even after uninstalling and reinstalling and restarting and joining and leaving a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft family chrome blocked

2. adult microsoft account getting blocked from chrome

3. microsoft family management cant give permission for chrome