Windows 10: Chrome Browser Administrative Account

Discus and support Chrome Browser Administrative Account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi all. I recently bought a new computer which I use for personal and school. I have two separate accounts for them personal is administrative, school... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Axygon, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Axygon Win User

Chrome Browser Administrative Account

Hi all. I recently bought a new computer which I use for personal and school. I have two separate accounts for them personal is administrative, school is basic user. When I signed into Google using Chrome for my school account, it told me it was administered by my school. I understand this applies to the browser and the school can access websites I visit etc, but does this also mean they have access to files stored on the computer as well? Thanks.

:)

Axygon, Jan 8, 2021

2. Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jan 8, 2021
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jan 8, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

Setting Chrome as my default browser - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue.

• Go to Start > Settings > System.
    • Choose Default apps, then scroll down to
      Web browser.
    • Tap or click the browser that’s currently listed as your default, then choose Chrome from the list of apps

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

1. Chrome Browser Administrative Account - Similar Threads - Chrome Browser Administrative

2. ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE in Chrome browser

in Windows 10 News
    ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE in Chrome browser: [ATTACH]When you can’t reach a website, you are trying to access in the Chrome browser, you may see the ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE message. Let’s look at some of the solutions that can help you fix the problem and get back to browsing. Fix ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE in Chrome...
  3. Chrome tabs and browsers

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome tabs and browsers: I have a new HP laptop and I am running an extra screen. One the extra screen, I have 2 Chrome browsers with multiple different tabs on each browser. I have a Chrome browser on the laptop with different tabs. I would like that desktop set-up to be the same when I restart or...
  4. Run-as-administrator doesn't cause browser to run under administrator account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Run-as-administrator doesn't cause browser to run under administrator account: I am logged into a non-administrator account. In my Start Menu, Firefox shows up under "Most used". If I right-click it and choose to run it as administrator, I am unable to use it to download files to an administrator folder. The Task Manager's Details tab shows that it...
  5. Google Chrome Browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google Chrome Browser: Ever since Windows did an update, the Google Chrome browser stays at the top of my screen. I only want it pinned to the task bar at the bottom of my screen like I had it before. How do I get rid of the browser staying at the top of my screen?...
  6. Can't Open Google Chrome on Administrator Account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Open Google Chrome on Administrator Account: Hi I am only able to open it on my standard account. This has happened before, but it usually corrects itself, but not this time. How can I correct this permanently?...
  7. Chrome Browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chrome Browser: When i click on the icon, it does not open! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-browser/143497a3-4579-42e0-bbaa-ac0d65d977cf
  8. Google Chrome Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Browser: Hello, How can I transfer all my Chrome settings, passwords to sites, bookmarks etc. from current computer (32bit) into a new one also windows 10 pro (64bit). Answers will be appreciated. Thanks 106507
  9. Chrome browser

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome browser: I have a shortcut to open my Chrome browser on my taskbar. Every time I open Chrome I get this pop-up message: [img] I then have to click "yes" for Chrome to open. My Chrome browser is up to date. This has only happened recently. Any idea what causes this annoyance?...
  10. Chrome, typing into browser......

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome, typing into browser......: This is complicated to explain. When I type a question into the middle search bar for Chrome, the letters instantly transfer to the top address bar. I don't want this. Can I make Chrome let me type into the middle bar? 87777