Windows 10: Chrome browser is not opening in windows 10

Discus and support Chrome browser is not opening in windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am not able to open chrome browser in windows 10 it just open do some process for few minutes and again close... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NadeekaJude, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Chrome browser is not opening in windows 10

I am not able to open chrome browser in windows 10 it just open do some process for few minutes and again close

:)

NadeekaJude, Oct 11, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 11, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Setting Chrome as my default browser - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue.

• Go to Start > Settings > System.
    • Choose Default apps, then scroll down to
      Web browser.
    • Tap or click the browser that’s currently listed as your default, then choose Chrome from the list of apps

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Oct 11, 2020
  4. Chrome browser is not opening in windows 10

Issues with making chrome as default browser on Windows 10.

Hi Richard,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings or default browser program is change correctly.

I suggest you to follow the steps to change the default browser as Chrome browser and check if it helps.

1. Type "Control Panel" without the quotes in search box and click on it.

2. Click on Programs.

3. Then click on Default Programs and click on
    Set Default Programs

4. Click on chrome browser from the list.

5. Click on Set this program as default.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with making default browser as chrome, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 11, 2020
Thema:

Chrome browser is not opening in windows 10

1. Chrome browser is not opening in windows 10 - Similar Threads - Chrome browser opening

2. Notifications don't open on Chrome browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notifications don't open on Chrome browser: My notifications for instagram won't load/open in a new tab like it should. Now whenever I click on those notifications they just disappear...nothing happens. This only happens for instagram btw while the rest of my notifications from other platforms like youtube, gmail,...
  3. Notifications don't open on Chrome browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notifications don't open on Chrome browser: My notifications for instagram won't load/open in a new tab like it should. Now whenever I click on those notifications they just disappear...nothing happens. This only happens for instagram btw while the rest of my notifications from other platforms like youtube, gmail,...
  4. Notifications don't open on Chrome browser

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can't open chrome browser

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't open chrome browser: Just got a new laptop and tried to download and install Google Chrome browser using Microsoft 10 home operating system. For some reason, when I click on the icon, it seems like I can't open the browser. I have tried all the suggestions on the internet but still unable to get...
  6. unable to open google chrome browser in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to open google chrome browser in windows 10: My google chrome app suddenly stopped working while I was using it. I closed the app and now it no longer opens. I attempted to uninstall chrome to reinstall it but couldn't uninstall because the "application was still running". I looked at it under the "details" tab of...
  7. Chrome browser on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome browser on Windows 10: How do I download and launch the Chrome browser on my new Microsoft Surface Go computer? The computer only offers Edge. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-browser-on-windows-10/2b2e88cd-e031-41b2-85fc-e2235f39ca93
  8. unable to open google chrome browser in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to open google chrome browser in windows 10: unable to open google chrome browser in windows 10, therefore cannot uninstall google chrome browser, keeps saying programs are running in background. unable to find any thing open. this just happened today....
  9. Chrome browser

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome browser: I have a shortcut to open my Chrome browser on my taskbar. Every time I open Chrome I get this pop-up message: [img] I then have to click "yes" for Chrome to open. My Chrome browser is up to date. This has only happened recently. Any idea what causes this annoyance?...
  10. Chrome Browser Bookmarks in Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome Browser Bookmarks in Windows 10: Following upgrade to W10 the font size of "Other Bookmarks" has reduced in size. Normal browser sizes are fine, just the Bookmark too small. Any way to increase those without increasing everything else? Thanks. 16716