Windows 10: Chrome browser not working with W10 Creators update...

Discus and support Chrome browser not working with W10 Creators update... in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; ...the browser just hangs on opening. Chrome latest version. Anybody else having problems? 82548 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by rafikiphoto, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Chrome browser not working with W10 Creators update...

...the browser just hangs on opening. Chrome latest version. Anybody else having problems?

:)

rafikiphoto, Apr 20, 2017

2. Google Chrome not working after creators update

Hi,

My Mozilla and chrome browser were working fine but after installing creators update when I click on it the browsers opens , but after few seconds the browsers stop and displays the message "Google chrome has stopped working" I've tried reinstalling it but
    the problem persists plz help

Adil-Sayed, Apr 20, 2017
  3. jeepers08 Win User
    After Win 10 Creator Fall Update Chrome Doesn't Work -- Black Screen

After the Windows 10 Creator Fall Update was installed on my desktop this morning, my Chrome browser doesn't work.

It opens but only shows a black screen. I don't see any tabs, icons, menus or anything.

I tried uninstalling the Win 10 Creator Fall Update but it doesn't appear to have made any difference because Chrome still doesn't work.

I tried to uninstall Chrome in order to reinstall it but that doesn't even work. I don't know if the uninstall is displaying something in the Chrome browser that I'm not able to see and click on.

My specs are:

Lenovo K450e

Processor: Intel Core i5-4460 CPU 3.20 GHz

RAM: 8 GB

Win 10 home Version 1709 OS Build 16299.15

Any suggestions?

thank you.

jeepers08, Apr 20, 2017
  4. Chrome browser not working with W10 Creators update...

Chrome works the best for me of the different browsers i use with Win 10 Creators update.

insulator17, Apr 20, 2017
  5. cbwilsha Win User
    I had that problem and spent several hours trying to fix. Finally solved by turning off hardware acceleration in Chrome Settings. Of course, Settings doesn't open either so you have to boot in Safe Mode, go to Chrome Settings there and uncheck the box under Advanced Settings that says use hardware acceleration and then Restart.

At least that worked for me. I hope it does for you also.

C.B.

cbwilsha, Apr 20, 2017
  6. Bully for you. Doesn't help me in any way though!

7. Thanks for your helpful reply. I'll give that a go.

8. Chrome browser not working with W10 Creators update...

Spot on! That did the trick for me too. Many thanks.

rafikiphoto, Apr 21, 2017
  9. cbwilsha Win User
    That's great news!! Thanks for letting me know it worked for you also.

C.B.

cbwilsha, Apr 21, 2017
  10. The most difficult job in the current W10 is finding how to get to Safe Mode!

rafikiphoto, Apr 21, 2017
  11. Caledon Ken, Apr 21, 2017
  12. Thanks, Ken. Yes, I Googled it and got there eventually. It used to be much simpler in years gone by.

rafikiphoto, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Chrome browser not working with W10 Creators update...

1. Chrome browser not working with W10 Creators update... - Similar Threads - Chrome browser working

2. Chrome Browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chrome Browser: When i click on the icon, it does not open! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-browser/143497a3-4579-42e0-bbaa-ac0d65d977cf
  3. chrome browser update

in Browsers and Email
    chrome browser update: Once is a while when I am on chrome browser a full page window pops up and wants me to update. I am sure this is spam or scam of some type and I do not click on it. My question is since I run ccleaner, malwarebytes, avg, and mrt all of which find nothing why am I getting...
  4. Chrome problems after creator update

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome problems after creator update: After installing the creators fall update my chrome wouldn't work any more. I uninstalled it and it wont install either. I get unspecified error. 100058
  5. Chrome browser

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome browser: I have a shortcut to open my Chrome browser on my taskbar. Every time I open Chrome I get this pop-up message: [img] I then have to click "yes" for Chrome to open. My Chrome browser is up to date. This has only happened recently. Any idea what causes this annoyance?...
  6. Chrome Issues With Creators Update.

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome Issues With Creators Update.: Just an FYI, since several users are posting about these issues on the Google Chrome help forum: Issue #1: After installing the Creators Update, my extension icons mysteriously disappeared and Chrome would lock up if I tried to install/uninstall/reinstall any extension....
  7. W10 Home Creator's Update Diary...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 Home Creator's Update Diary...: Just thought I'd share my experience with the v.1703 update that I just finished. For prep. work, I did two System Image Saves (bld. 14393.953 & bld 14393.1066) and a new System Recovery Disk. I also ran CCleaner until it could not find anything to get rid of. You can open My...
  8. All browsers hang after Creators Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All browsers hang after Creators Update: Hi, My PC was working flawlessly before Windows 10 Creators Update. A week or two after the update, my default browser (Opera) started to hang when loading a webpage and says "Not Responding" quite often. While letting the browser in the "Not Responding" state, I opened...
  9. W10 icons broken after Creators update

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 icons broken after Creators update: I did the Creators update to W10 today, but now the icons on the desktop are goofed up – they cannot be positioned near the edges, and if you try to move them there, they jump into the screen instead about 2”. And on the bottom, they can’t be placed more than about ¼” from...
  10. W10 Creator - display issue

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Creator - display issue: I was having network issues with Creator so I rolled back. still no problems with 1607. I decided to clean install on a spare disk. All loaded except I can't seen any program windows. When I open a program it appears on the taskbar but I can't open its window. The display...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chrome dont work w10