Windows 10: Chrome browser secuirty issue in the event viewer

Discus and support Chrome browser secuirty issue in the event viewer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have HP desktop with WIN 10 installed on it. I monitor Eevent viewer from to time and have noticed that a log occurred each 2 to 3 days informing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by samerrustom, May 4, 2019.

1. Chrome browser secuirty issue in the event viewer

I have HP desktop with WIN 10 installed on it.

I monitor Eevent viewer from to time and have noticed that a log occurred each 2 to 3 days informing me that an issue with Google Chrome.

Is this related to failed login in Gmail or other website on that web browser.

An account failed to log on.

Subject:

Security ID: DESKTOP-HHRNG7M\hp

Account Name: hp
    Account Domain: DESKTOP-HHRNG7M
    Logon ID: 0x52E40FD 

Logon Type: 2 

Account For Which Logon Failed:

Security ID: NULL SID
    Account Name: hp
    Account Domain: DESKTOP-HHRNG7M

Failure Information:

Failure Reason: Unknown user name or bad password.

Sub Status: 0xC000006E 

Process Information:

Caller Process ID: 0x253c

Caller Process Name: C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe

Network Information:

Workstation Name: DESKTOP-HHRNG7M

Source Network Address: -

Source Port: -

Detailed Authentication Information:

Logon Process: Advapi

Authentication Package: Negotiate

Transited Services: -

Package Name (NTLM only): -

Key Length: 0

This event is generated when a logon request fails. It is generated on the computer where access was attempted.

The Subject fields indicate the account on the local system which requested the logon. This is most commonly a service such as the Server service, or a local process such as Winlogon.exe or Services.exe.

The Logon Type field indicates the kind of logon that was requested. The most common types are 2 (interactive) and 3 (network).

The Process Information fields indicate which account and process on the system requested the logon.

The Network Information fields indicate where a remote logon request originated. Workstation name is not always available and may be left blank in some cases.

The authentication information fields provide detailed information about this specific logon request.

- Transited services indicate which intermediate services have participated in this logon request.

- Package name indicates which sub-protocol was used among the NTLM protocols.

- Key length indicates the length of the generated session key. This will be 0 if no session key was requested.

:)

samerrustom, May 4, 2019

2. Issues with making chrome as default browser on Windows 10.

Hi Richard,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings or default browser program is change correctly.

I suggest you to follow the steps to change the default browser as Chrome browser and check if it helps.

1. Type "Control Panel" without the quotes in search box and click on it.

2. Click on Programs.

3. Then click on Default Programs and click on
    Set Default Programs

4. Click on chrome browser from the list.

5. Click on Set this program as default.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with making default browser as chrome, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, May 4, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Setting Chrome as my default browser - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue.

• Go to Start > Settings > System.
    • Choose Default apps, then scroll down to
      Web browser.
    • Tap or click the browser that’s currently listed as your default, then choose Chrome from the list of apps

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, May 4, 2019
  4. Chrome browser secuirty issue in the event viewer

Watching Videos through the Browser in Windows 10

Hi Floyd,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

As you have issues watching videos in different browsers, this maybe an issues with the graphics driver not loaded properly.

• What is the Make and Model of the computer?
    • What is the exact error displayed on Browser?
    Provide us the Event viewer logs by trying these steps:

1. Press Win + X key on the keyboard and choose
    Event Viewer.

2. Check theApplication logs and provide us the events that occur when you try to play a Video on the Browser.

Thank you.

Ravinath P, May 4, 2019
Thema:

Chrome browser secuirty issue in the event viewer

1. Chrome browser secuirty issue in the event viewer - Similar Threads - Chrome browser secuirty

2. Event Viewer 264 Defrag Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Viewer 264 Defrag Issue: Upon looking at event viewer under Error title: The storage optimiser couldn't complete re-trim on G: because: The operation requested is not supported by the hardware backing the volume. 0x8900002AUnder Windows Logs it says that : The storage optimiser successfully completed...
  3. Event Viewer 264 Defrag Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event Viewer 264 Defrag Issue: Upon looking at event viewer under Error title: The storage optimiser couldn't complete re-trim on G: because: The operation requested is not supported by the hardware backing the volume. 0x8900002AUnder Windows Logs it says that : The storage optimiser successfully completed...
  4. Event Viewer 264 Defrag Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. event viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    event viewer: **************THE HELL DOES THIS MEAN? THXLog Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 11/26/2021 11:22:13 PM Event ID: 400 Task Category: None Level: Information Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: Ashhhhh Description: Device...
  6. Chrome browser security issue in the event viewer

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome browser security issue in the event viewer: I have HP desktop with WIN 10 installed on it. I monitor Eevent viewer from to time and have noticed that a log occurred each 2 to 3 days informing me that an issue with Google Chrome. Is this related to failed login in Gmail or other website on that web browser. An...
  7. event viewer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    event viewer: I see many errors in event viewer but do not know what they mean. I was going to show one but thought it may compromise my security. Sorry about the post lacking information; are these errors dangerous for the most part or are they harmless. I am not going to poke around here...
  8. Event Viewer driver issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Event Viewer driver issues: I have an HP X2 Elite (Tablet) and have just completed a clean install of Windows 10 Creative Edition. The Event Viewer shows seven Event 219 failures. The first four are Intel issues and the next three are for other drivers. The abbreviated events are as follows........
  9. Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event Viewer: Is there any way to clear the items listed in 'administrative events' in event viewer? TIA, Richard 98433
  10. No BSOD issues but event viewer issue?

in Windows 10 Support
    No BSOD issues but event viewer issue?: I saw that unless you have a BSOD you should not post in that specific forum but this is an Event Viewer issue so i don't know where to post this . I have no BSOD's but an event viewer instance with an error code 10016 The application specific permission setting...
Tags: