Windows 10: chrome browser stopping me looking at website

Discus and support chrome browser stopping me looking at website in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I use Chrome browser and when it finds the website the screen goes grey instead of staying white. I can see the web site page through the grey, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by berylmcm, Oct 1, 2020.

1. berylmcm Win User

chrome browser stopping me looking at website

I use Chrome browser and when it finds the website the screen goes grey instead of staying white. I can see the web site page through the grey, but won't let me do anything more. It isn't happening on every website

:)

berylmcm, Oct 1, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Setting Chrome as my default browser - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue.

• Go to Start > Settings > System.
    • Choose Default apps, then scroll down to
      Web browser.
    • Tap or click the browser that’s currently listed as your default, then choose Chrome from the list of apps

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Oct 1, 2020
  3. why my window is not compatible with my chrome browser?

Your question reads:

why my window is not compatible with my chrome browser?

I suggest you reverse it:

Why is my Chrome browser not compatible with my Windows 7?

This would immediately lead you to an answer:

1. Unistall Google Chrome.
    2. Download & re-install Google Chrome.

Frederik Long, Oct 1, 2020
  4. davidhk Win User

davidhk, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

1. chrome browser stopping me looking at website - Similar Threads - chrome browser stopping

2. Chrome/Window stops autoloading/executing website login credentials

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome/Window stops autoloading/executing website login credentials: I have several Windows 10 desktops/laptops in the house kept up to date. All run Chrome. Several weeks ago, I noticed that Chrome no longer prefills and executes my username/password for various websites. Most don't prefill anything, some prefill the two credentials but...
  3. Chrome tabs and browsers

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome tabs and browsers: I have a new HP laptop and I am running an extra screen. One the extra screen, I have 2 Chrome browsers with multiple different tabs on each browser. I have a Chrome browser on the laptop with different tabs. I would like that desktop set-up to be the same when I restart or...
  4. Edges of buttons to click looking weird on website both Edge and Chrome

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Edges of buttons to click looking weird on website both Edge and Chrome: Hi, I got a new HP computer with Windows 10 in S mode, which I converted out of now have Windows 10 Home. The borders of some buttons to click look weird on this computer. Please see the photos below. The bottom line of the Continue looks disrupted, almost dotted on the...
  5. I'm looking for a Website.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm looking for a Website.: A year ago I found a website, that show all the must-have programs for Windows computers. Now I need the page and I can't find it. Does anyone know The Website? submitted by /u/finn4fansx [link] [comments]...
  6. All browsers log me off of websites

in Windows 10 Customization
    All browsers log me off of websites: This started recently. When I close a browser, Chrome, Firefox, Explorer and I go back into the browser and go to a website like YouTube or Yahoo, I have to log back on. This never happened before and I don't recall making a change to my system. Most "help" that I find is...
  7. looking for website blocker

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    looking for website blocker: Any one know of a good website blocker that blocks inappropriate content? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/looking-for-website-blocker/486f5dfb-6e17-41c3-b378-8a76711b8460"
  8. Chrome Browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chrome Browser: When i click on the icon, it does not open! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-browser/143497a3-4579-42e0-bbaa-ac0d65d977cf
  9. Google Chrome Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Browser: Hello, How can I transfer all my Chrome settings, passwords to sites, bookmarks etc. from current computer (32bit) into a new one also windows 10 pro (64bit). Answers will be appreciated. Thanks 106507
  10. Chrome browser

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome browser: I have a shortcut to open my Chrome browser on my taskbar. Every time I open Chrome I get this pop-up message: [img] I then have to click "yes" for Chrome to open. My Chrome browser is up to date. This has only happened recently. Any idea what causes this annoyance?...