Windows 10: Chrome Browser will not save my settings!

Discus and support Chrome Browser will not save my settings! in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Well, I tried to change my Appearance settings in Chrome Settings but they do not save. I am using Version 87.0.4280.66 (Official Build) (64-bit) And... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by MPSAN, Nov 23, 2020.

1. MPSAN Win User

Chrome Browser will not save my settings!

Well, I tried to change my Appearance settings in Chrome Settings but they do not save. I am using
    Version 87.0.4280.66 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    And Windows 10 64 bit Pro what am I doing wrong?

:)

MPSAN, Nov 23, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Setting Chrome as my default browser - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue.

• Go to Start > Settings > System.
    • Choose Default apps, then scroll down to
      Web browser.
    • Tap or click the browser that’s currently listed as your default, then choose Chrome from the list of apps

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Nov 23, 2020
  3. Linda117 Win User
    Unable to set Chrome as default browser in Windows 10.

Not sure why I started having problems with Chrome this week--it seemed to begin following the most recent Windows update--first Chrome didn't even want to launch but somehow that got resolved (or something I did resolved it). Then I couldn't get Chrome
    to be accepted as the default browser--when I went to settings and selected Chrome as the default browser it wouldn't save my choice (same thing with IE and even Edge) but following Guru's steps suggested in his reply solved the problem! Chrome is now again
    my default browser and I'm pleased! Thanks for solving this very annoying and baffling problem!

Linda117, Nov 23, 2020
  4. Chrome Browser will not save my settings!

Issues with making chrome as default browser on Windows 10.

Hi Richard,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings or default browser program is change correctly.

I suggest you to follow the steps to change the default browser as Chrome browser and check if it helps.

1. Type "Control Panel" without the quotes in search box and click on it.

2. Click on Programs.

3. Then click on Default Programs and click on
    Set Default Programs

4. Click on chrome browser from the list.

5. Click on Set this program as default.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with making default browser as chrome, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

Chrome Browser will not save my settings!

1. Chrome Browser will not save my settings! - Similar Threads - Chrome Browser save

2. How to set permanent Chrome browser region settings in Google search?

in Browsers and Email
    How to set permanent Chrome browser region settings in Google search?: I'm changing my Google Chrome search seting and they don't change back to defult except the regoin setting. I want the region would be the USA, even though I live in Israel, but it changing back to current region. It's happened after I clearing all history, cookies, etc. (I...
  3. Can't set Google Chrome as default browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't set Google Chrome as default browser: Like the title says, I can't set Chrome as my browser. When I go to default apps, Chrome doesn't appear as an option under the browser category. It's also not in the Microsoft app store. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it. Still nothing. I've seen threads on this issue with...
  4. set chrome as default browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    set chrome as default browser: how to set chrome as default browser https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-chrome-as-default-browser/620d5e83-ab61-4586-93dc-eb5244b96387
  5. Using Chrome Browser, MY CHOICE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Using Chrome Browser, MY CHOICE: The browser I LIKE more than Edge is CHROME. However, I oftentimes feel it's been jinxed ON PURPOSE by Microsoft. TOO OFTEN Chrome browser stops "responding." I stay within a fairly same 'ole, same 'ole routine when I'm online. It's always quite aggravating when the "not...
  6. set CHROME as my default browser

set CHROME as my default browser: Since, CHROME is not in the MicroSoft "App Store" how do you set CHROME as my default browser? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-chrome-as-my-default-browser/f21285f8-fc6b-4e5f-97ef-380d306de7b5
  7. Chrome Browser

Chrome Browser: When i click on the icon, it does not open! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-browser/143497a3-4579-42e0-bbaa-ac0d65d977cf
  8. Google Chrome Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Browser: Hello, How can I transfer all my Chrome settings, passwords to sites, bookmarks etc. from current computer (32bit) into a new one also windows 10 pro (64bit). Answers will be appreciated. Thanks 106507
  9. setting chrome as default browser in registry

in Browsers and Email
    setting chrome as default browser in registry: I have nothing against Internet Explorer but at work I need to be using google chrome because of it extensions. thing is, my workplace has a group policy on all office computer so that every time a computer is restarted - Internet Explorer is set to be the default browser....
  10. Chrome browser

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome browser: I have a shortcut to open my Chrome browser on my taskbar. Every time I open Chrome I get this pop-up message: [img] I then have to click "yes" for Chrome to open. My Chrome browser is up to date. This has only happened recently. Any idea what causes this annoyance?...