Windows 10: Chrome can access the Internet. Other apps can't.

Discus and support Chrome can access the Internet. Other apps can't. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, i got a question. The problem is that my wifi is fine, not broken but I do not understand why I can still use it with the Chrome browser but with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by andyXjest, Jul 20, 2020.

1. andyXjest Win User

Chrome can access the Internet. Other apps can't.

Hi, i got a question. The problem is that my wifi is fine, not broken but I do not understand why I can still use it with the Chrome browser but with other apps I get the phrase "no internet"

Help me, this thing has been driving me crazy these days
    Thank you and hope you are not crazy like me because of this and I haven't been able to play Game TT these days

P / s: this is a picture that I posted to ask some guys on chrome but I can't listen to music and can't play games, also, the trouble I don't understand what it is so, ye, take me out of this mess please!

Chrome can access the Internet. Other apps can't. 33c318b8-31cc-4e4a-b534-e7b0a30449ea?upload=true.jpg

* Original title: I don't know what is happening with my network

* Moved from Community Participation Center

:)

andyXjest, Jul 20, 2020

2. Preventing access to modern app

Ive been tasked with preventing the children from accessing instagram. I've got it listed in my windows hosts file and internet options/security/restricted site but the windows 10 app is still allowing access. Any suggestions other then deleting app which can just be reinstalled?

FrostyWinnipeg, Jul 20, 2020
  3. google chrome and other app can't access internet after updating to windows 10

I have the same problem, but resetting winsock--even as an admin--did not work. Chrome cannot connect to the internet, and I can't install Google Drive. Edge and MS apps can access the internet perfectly. What gives?

MaxKeenlyside, Jul 20, 2020
  4. Chrome can access the Internet. Other apps can't.

Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

Chrome can access the Internet. Other apps can't.

1. Chrome can access the Internet. Other apps can't. - Similar Threads - Chrome access Internet

2. Can't access other computer in network but other can access mine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access other computer in network but other can access mine: so i cant acces other computer via network sharing but other computer can access mine. im in windows 11 newest version please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-other-computer-in-network-but-other/47ecbb83-f674-4a16-8b3b-9d94630e132e
  3. Can't access other computer in network but other can access mine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access other computer in network but other can access mine: so i cant acces other computer via network sharing but other computer can access mine. im in windows 11 newest version please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-other-computer-in-network-but-other/47ecbb83-f674-4a16-8b3b-9d94630e132e
  4. Can not access to the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not access to the internet: Hi There.I have got Sony vaio laptop / internet explorer xp and I have recovered it recently then after I cannot access to the internet: every time I get a message: windows was unable to find certificate to log you on to the network talk talk...... ???!!!How can I fix the...
  5. Can not access to the internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can not access to the internet: Hi There.I have got Sony vaio laptop / internet explorer xp and I have recovered it recently then after I cannot access to the internet: every time I get a message: windows was unable to find certificate to log you on to the network talk talk...... ???!!!How can I fix the...
  6. edge and ie can't access https sites, but Chrome can

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    edge and ie can't access https sites, but Chrome can: Running Windows 10 Pro in Windows Insider Slow Ring - but is stuck on 2004 OS Build 19041.208. Edge on Chrome complained that it needed an upgrade an suggested reinstall. The Edge Beta site only said I was on Edge on Chrome so use Windows Update. Windows Update give the...
  7. Internet Access Blocked on Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Access Blocked on Google Chrome: Until recently, Google Chrome was working on my computer but of late it just says the following: Your Internet access is blocked Firewall or antivirus software may have blocked the connection Try: Checking the connection Checking firewall and antivirus configurations...
  8. Windows 10 Shows I'm Offline But Can Access Chrome but Not Edge or Other Microsoft Apps

Windows 10 Shows I'm Offline But Can Access Chrome but Not Edge or Other Microsoft Apps: My Internet Shows "Not Connected" all of a sudden. However, I can access Google Chrome. On the other hand, Microsoft tools like Edge, Skype, Windows Update, and others says that I'm either offline. It's very strange. Cortana also doesn't work, saying I'm offline. OneDrive is...
  9. Can't Access Anything Other than Internet

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Access Anything Other than Internet: I can't access any programs except Google which is on my desktop or task manager. When I click on the windows button nothing happens. Also I can't type in the "type to search" area. I have Webroot installed and McAfee which I supposedly uninstalled but is still popping up....
  10. Can't access internet

Can't access internet: I can't access email or websites - keep getting the message "a problem with this webpage caused internet explorer to close & reopen this tab". I'm using Windows 10, version 1803 & all updates are automatic & current. If I persist, opening duplicate tabs, I can sometimes open...