Windows 10: Chrome can only browse Google sites

Discus and support Chrome can only browse Google sites in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Not sure how I got to this stage, but if i reboot my machine I am able to browse in chrome for a short while. Then I start getting ERR_CONNECTION_RESET... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chrisbei, Oct 25, 2019.

1. chrisbei Win User

Chrome can only browse Google sites

Not sure how I got to this stage, but if i reboot my machine I am able to browse in chrome for a short while. Then I start getting ERR_CONNECTION_RESET errors on anything but Google and Utube sites I am even unable to log onto my router. Have tried to reset all network connection have flushed the DNS have checked proxy is off . Have changed the router DNS settings from Auto to Google DNS .

My Windows version is Windows 10 1903 build 18362.418

Running out of ideas and help would be greatly appreciated

Chris

:)

chrisbei, Oct 25, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Oct 25, 2019
  3. Google chrome doesn't react

Thank you for that information.

Since you were able to use Google Chrome without any issues using a different Internet connection, there is a possibility that Google Chrome is not responding when connecting to your Internet connection.

For us to isolate and resolve this issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Step 1:
    Reset Chrome settings to default

Disclaimer: The Reset Google chrome Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset google chrome Settings
    feature. Resetting Google Chrome isn't reversible, and all previous settings are lost after reset.

Step 2: If you are able to open google chrome follow the steps from this

article
    to back up the bookmark.

Try to export the bookmark from google chrome.

Step 3: Reset Windows Update Components.

These are services that Windows Update needs to make sure it's working effectively.

If the issue still persists, don't hesitate to inform us and we'll be happy to further assist you.

Acelyn Alc, Oct 25, 2019
  4. Chrome can only browse Google sites

Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    Google Chrome Help

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Oct 25, 2019
Thema:

Chrome can only browse Google sites

1. Chrome can only browse Google sites - Similar Threads - Chrome browse Google

2. Google Chrome Site issues

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Site issues: I've had this problem for several months I believe but just never really took the time to figure it out. Full disclosure, I do not work for T-mobile, nor am I advertising for them. I'm simply using their site as an example. Basically, I would go to this site, fill out the...
  3. HELP! The only site that is working is google!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP! The only site that is working is google!: I have no idea why but yesterday, when I came back from my dad’s house and turned on my laptop, google is the only site that works. My computer can’t connect to any other site. I’ve spent almost 2 days trying to fix this and so far nothing has worked. I’ve tried resetting my...
  4. Chrome can only browse Google sites

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome can only browse Google sites: Not sure how I got to this stage, but if i reboot my machine I am able to browse in chrome for a short while. Then I start getting ERR_CONNECTION_RESET errors on anything but Google and Utube sites I am even unable to log onto my router. Have tried to reset all network...
  5. Google Chrome issue with a roadway site

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome issue with a roadway site: Hey. Ever since this most recent update to Windows 10, I can no longer get an active map on Cruz511.org on Chrome browser. The map shows up but does not populate. It works on firefox and on my husband's Windows 8 chrome browser. Can't think of any other reason it suddenly...
  6. Google Chrome issue with a roadway site

in Windows 10 Support
    Google Chrome issue with a roadway site: Hey. Ever since this most recent update to Windows 10, I can no longer get an active map on Cruz511.org on Chrome browser. The map shows up but does not populate. It works on firefox and on my husband's Windows 8 chrome browser. Can't think of any other reason it suddenly...
  7. google chrome "clear browsing data" takes long...

in Browsers and Email
    google chrome "clear browsing data" takes long...: google chrome "clear browsing data" takes long... hey guys, i remember a few days ago when i clear my history on chrome it would be fast no matter how much was thier, like a flash...now it takes long even if its 1mb...i tried uninstalling and resinstalling but same thing.....
  8. google chrome "clear browsing data" takes long...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    google chrome "clear browsing data" takes long...: google chrome "clear browsing data" takes long... hey guys, i remember a few days ago when i clear my history on chrome it would be fast no matter how much was thier, like a flash...now it takes long even if its 1mb...i tried uninstalling and resinstalling but same thing.....
  9. Bad_Pool_Caller BSOD While Browsing Google Chrome

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bad_Pool_Caller BSOD While Browsing Google Chrome: Hello all, I've had this laptop for about 3 months now. I was browsing the web today and watching Twitch.tv while I suddenly received a BSOD with the error message "Bad_Pool_Caller" in it. This is the first time I've received a BSOD on this laptop so far, but I have had a...
  10. Google Security Blog: A new site for Safe Browsing

in Windows 10 News
    Google Security Blog: A new site for Safe Browsing: Since launching in 2007, the Safe Browsing team has been dedicated to our mission of protecting users from phishing, malware, and unwanted software on the web. Our coverage currently extends to more than two billion internet-connected devices, including Chrome users on...