Windows 10: Chrome Canary’s dark mode on Windows 10 spreads to more pages

Discus and support Chrome Canary’s dark mode on Windows 10 spreads to more pages in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 comes with the system-wide dark mode, and most of the first party apps support the new look. Popular browsers like Firefox also offers a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jan 22, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Chrome Canary’s dark mode on Windows 10 spreads to more pages

Windows 10 comes with the system-wide dark mode, and most of the first party apps support the new look. Popular browsers like Firefox also offers a built-in dark mode to complement Windows 10’s dark look. Google Chrome, however, is late to the party.

The latest version of Chrome doesn’t support a dark mode on Windows, but that’s about to change.

In late 2018, we learned that Google is bringing a new dark mode to Chrome for Windows 10 and macOS Mojave. Google Chrome’s dark theme appearance is already available for testing in Canary, but some changes are incomplete.

Yesterday, we reported that Google Chrome’s dark appearance is now also visible on history, downloads, bookmarks, settings and the homepage. It appears that Chromium developers are speeding up the development of dark mode integration as today the engineers highlighted the latest improvements.

Dark theme comes to extensions, shortcuts manager, and notifications

In the latest version of Chrome Canary for Windows 10, the dark theme is now also visible on the extensions page.

According to a post on the Chromium bugs database, the dark appearance is also spreading to the Chrome’s shortcuts manager. The shortcuts manager which is used to create simple shortcuts of webpages now features a dark appearance with a blue coloured button.

Chrome Canary’s dark mode on Windows 10 spreads to more pages Chrome-shortcuts.jpg

Several other Chromium posts revealed that Chrome’s notifications, permission and payment dialogs also have the new dark appearance.

Chrome Canary’s dark mode on Windows 10 spreads to more pages Chrome-notifications.jpg

The menu still has black texts and there are several other glitches. Once these issues are resolved, there should be nothing holding Google back from implementing dark theme in Google Chrome stable version.

The new dark mode can be forced in Google Chrome Canary by following the steps outlined below:

• Install Google Chrome Canary.
    • Make sure the desktop has a shortcut to open Chrome Canary.
    • You would need to right-click on Canary shortcut and tap on ‘Properties’ option.
    • Below the target type, target application labels, edit the target field.
    • Add the following string after “chrome.exe” in the target field, but make sure there is a space after ” or before the string.

--enable-features=WebUIDarkMode --force-dark-mode

Chrome Canary’s dark mode on Windows 10 spreads to more pages Chrome-properties.jpg

One of the main issues with implementing a dark mode for Chrome is the homepage which looks identical to Incognito mode. The Chromium engineers are working on it and after addressing all reported issues, the dark theme will finally make its way to Chrome stable.

The post Chrome Canary’s dark mode on Windows 10 spreads to more pages appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jan 22, 2019
  2. Ltohang Win User

Chrome Canary having a completely black screen

Hello fellow tech geeks of Microsoft and Google products,

I have a Windows 10 Pro OS, and recently ran into this issue with my Chrome Canary browser. A few weeks ago, my extensions started crashing on start up every single day, but I didn't really care, and once I restart my PC, everything is back to normal. However,
    yesterday, when I restarted my PC(I think I force restarted, because Canary might've been opening up, but I am not sure), and went back to Canary, the window went into a painfully black screen with absolutely nothing. So far I've tried:

1. Reinstalling the browser, including online and by USB from another device

2. Running the app in compatibility mode, in all given OSs, and running the compatibility troubleshooter

3. Changing something in the Shortcut Bar, as someone on Google Forums listed that I found, something along the lines of "disable gpu" or something like that

4. Uninstalling normal Chrome, as I heard that using multiple chrome browsers simultaneously on one device is not good, and I am currently using Chromium. However, it works on other devices that I use, so I don't thing this is the issue.

Any fixes? Here's a screenshot of the issue:

Chrome Canary’s dark mode on Windows 10 spreads to more pages 6cf3ff3c-0b33-4540-a8b5-1bf2a46b3d11.png

Thanks in advance!

Moved from: Internet Explorer / Internet Explorer Unknown/Other / Other/Unknown

Ltohang, Jan 22, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    YouTube’s hidden Dark Mode

Chrome Canary’s dark mode on Windows 10 spreads to more pages 2001472367.png

"Next time you’re staying up till three in the morning mindlessly watching YouTube videos, why not give your eyes a rest and turn the lights out? As discovered by youTube now has a dark mode built-in : google, YouTube now a secret dark mode that’s easy to activate. Here’s how you do it:

• Make sure you have the most recent version of Google Chrome (that’s version 57 onwards)
    • Open up the developer window by hitting Ctrl + Shift + I on Windows, or Option + Command + I on Mac
    • Select the “console” tab
    • Paste in the following text: document.cookie="VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE=fPQ4jCL6EiE" and hit enter
    • Close the developer window, refresh your browser, and the dark mode toggle is available in the main settings menu in the top right."
    "This feature hasn’t yet been officially announced, but it’s part of a number of changes YouTube is testing for the website’s design."

Here’s how to activate YouTube’s hidden Dark Mode

P4-630, Jan 22, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Chrome Canary’s dark mode on Windows 10 spreads to more pages - Similar Threads - Chrome Canary’s dark

2. Chrome is stuck on dark mode

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome is stuck on dark mode: I had to reinstall Windows today on my laptop, I also reinstalled Chrome and it is stuck in dark mode. There is no setting under Appearance to change it and even the flag chrome://flags and dark mode did not help. I would appreciate if anyone has any help on this.I am on...
  3. Microsoft, Google are improving Chrome’s dark mode on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft, Google are improving Chrome’s dark mode on Windows 10: Windows 10 and Chrome’s dark mode gives your eyes a welcome break when you’re browsing the web at night. While Google Chrome’s dark mode works fine and it also respects Windows 10’s theme preference, it only changes the colour of the top-level UIs of the browser. Google is...
  4. Error about dark mode Chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error about dark mode Chrome: Help, I can't change the properties theme to dark mode like other windows. [IMG] * Moved from Community Participation Center * Chrome added to title https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-about-dark-mode-chrome/8b1bd83f-1fc1-46b0-8410-a9d651fd3ad4
  5. Google Chrome stuck on dark mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Google Chrome stuck on dark mode: In colors, under personalization in the settings, I chose "Dark" for choose your default app mode and then Google Chrome became black with inverted colors. I switched back to "Light" as websites suggested but it didn't change anything. This only affects Chrome, no effect at...
  6. Dark Mode in Reader View on Edge Canary is now here!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dark Mode in Reader View on Edge Canary is now here!: Make sure you're up to date, and copy and paste this into your address bar! #edge-reading-view-text-preference submitted by /u/MSFTBear [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/cwr8ci/dark_mode_in_reader_view_on_edge_canary_is_now/
  7. Disable Chrome Dark Mode?

in Browsers and Email
    Disable Chrome Dark Mode?: This fix no longer works in the latest version of Chrome. Is there another way of showing Chrome in ' normal' mode ? Windows 10 – Disable Google Chrome DARK MODE – takujingi 137758
  8. Dark Mode and more now on OneNote

in Windows 10 News
    Dark Mode and more now on OneNote: [ATTACH] This month, we’re excited to bring you some highly anticipated features in OneNote: Dark Mode, Send to OneNote from Outlook, Insert printouts of Office files, and simplified ribbon for OneNote on the web. Read on below for more information on these highly requested...
  9. Google Chrome 74 to bring dark mode to Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome 74 to bring dark mode to Windows 10: Google Chrome 74 for Windows will come with a series of improvements, including the highly-anticipated dark mode on Windows 10. With version 73, Google rolled out the dark theme treatment to Chrome on MacOS and it appears that the next release of Google’s browser could...
  10. Google Chrome Canary on Windows 10 gets new dark tab, downloads page

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome Canary on Windows 10 gets new dark tab, downloads page: Multiple reports and findings last year revealed that Google Chrome is slated to support a built-in dark mode on Windows 10 soon. Currently, the search engine giant is testing this feature in Chrome Beta and Canary distributions. Dark theme is a new trend and it’s quite...