Windows 10: Chrome (& chromium) browser scale is bigger than the rest in Windows10

Discus and support Chrome (& chromium) browser scale is bigger than the rest in Windows10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there, Something happened after one of the latest Win10 updates. I use a UHD monitor and in order to have a reasonable good scale, I changed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by verysame, Dec 21, 2018.

1. verysame Win User

Chrome (& chromium) browser scale is bigger than the rest in Windows10

Hi there,

Something happened after one of the latest Win10 updates.
    I use a UHD monitor and in order to have a reasonable good scale, I changed the scale size under the Display settings up to 125% as that's the perfect spot for my eyes.
    Something happened lately though, as now the scale seems something like 150% (or maybe more) in Chrome (and so in Vivaldi or other chromium based browsers). Even the icons, the address bar and the other parts of the UI looks bigger.
    Firefox still looks good, as well as the rest of all my other software.

Any hints?

:)

verysame, Dec 21, 2018

2. Chromium as default browser windows 10

Why can't I select Chromium (not Chrome) as my default browser in windows 10? I use Chromium almost exclusively. It works perfectly except that I can not make it the default browser. The settings menu for default apps does not list Chromium among the
    browser options.

carl---1948, Dec 21, 2018
  3. do you run chromium based browser?

no. i can't think of a reason to use a chromium based browser other than chrome.

Easy Rhino, Dec 21, 2018
  4. Martmcd Win User

Chromium as default browser windows 10

I don't have chromium (or chrome) installed so I may not be able to help.

try changing from within chromium

• Click on the Wrench icon and select Options
    • In the Basics tab, click on Make Chromium my default browser in the
      Default browser section.

Martmcd, Dec 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Chrome (& chromium) browser scale is bigger than the rest in Windows10 - Similar Threads - Chrome chromium browser

2. Massive slowdown on chrome and edge chromium browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Massive slowdown on chrome and edge chromium browsers: Hi... I am using a windows 11 laptop...I have a lot of use on chrome and it has started to lag a lot... Like painfully a lot...Sending a simple email from gmail would take 10 minutes... And plus it lags everywhere on chrome... The loading animations... Website, scrolling,...
  3. Massive slowdown on chrome and edge chromium browsers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Massive slowdown on chrome and edge chromium browsers: Hi... I am using a windows 11 laptop...I have a lot of use on chrome and it has started to lag a lot... Like painfully a lot...Sending a simple email from gmail would take 10 minutes... And plus it lags everywhere on chrome... The loading animations... Website, scrolling,...
  4. Start menu scaling different than rest of UI.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu scaling different than rest of UI.: A few days ago my start menu seems to be scaled at what I am assuming is at 4k with no scaling to make icons larger. But everything else remains scaled (desktop icons, taskbar, notifications) Is there any way for me to correct this? submitted by /u/Z0idberg_MD [link]...
  5. Problem with downloads in chromium browser (Google Chrome, Opera)

in Browsers and Email
    Problem with downloads in chromium browser (Google Chrome, Opera): I have problems in all chromium browser (Google Chrome, Opera, Microsoft Edge, Vivaldi, etc...) with downloads of program install files being corrupt. If I download same installation files in Tor Browser or Mozilla Firefox I have no issue. Issue started after latest Windows...
  6. Chromium Browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chromium Browser: When I turn on my pc, Chromium browser automatically opens. I don't liking it. How can I stop this irritating behavior of chromium? [NOTE: Once, I turned off the background running of chromium but nothing changed]...
  7. chromium browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    chromium browser: i have uninstalled it its not showing in program list. Also in Appdata/local there is no chromium folder tried malware bytes and cc cleaner . no where its listing but while using open with for some pdf files its listing there how can i remove chromium from that...
  8. Windows Spellchecker in Edge, Chrome, and other Chromium browsers

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Spellchecker in Edge, Chrome, and other Chromium browsers: Microsoft's decision to switch to Chromium as the source for the company's Edge browser has injected even more development resources into the project. One of the latest commits by Microsoft engineers introduces support for the Windows Spellchecker in Chromium. Any changes...
  9. Chrome (& chromium) browser scale is bigger than the rest in Windows10

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome (& chromium) browser scale is bigger than the rest in Windows10: Hi there, Something happened after one of the latest Win10 updates. I use a UHD monitor and in order to have a reasonable good scale, I changed the scale size under the Display settings up to 125% as that's the perfect spot for my eyes. Something happened lately though, as...
  10. Chromium Browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Chromium Browser: Why am I getting periodically an obnoxious pop up program that tries to get me to install a browser called Chromium? Can I stop this somehow?...