Windows 10: Chrome closes itself and mouse wanders on its own

Discus and support Chrome closes itself and mouse wanders on its own in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently, not sure exactly when, my mouse wireless has a tendency to run off and stay in the corner or the side of the screen. There seems to be a very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DeniKidwell, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Chrome closes itself and mouse wanders on its own

Recently, not sure exactly when, my mouse wireless has a tendency to run off and stay in the corner or the side of the screen. There seems to be a very faint circle where the cursor lands. Sometimes it blinks for a bit and then I can use it again. Sometimes it takes logging out and coming back in. Sometimes it just leaves and then the screen scrolls on its own. Now, chrome just randomly shuts the page. Just typing this the screen has scrolled 4 times, the cursor wandered off several times. I have tried everything I can think of. Removing programs, cleaning cookies and such. Resetting page. Calibrating the mouse, but the cursor freezes and I can't get it to calibrate. Can't even use my touch screen. Sometimes when the cursor moves, a box pops up in the lower right corner for notifications, printing, bookmarks etc.

Bang & Ohufsen all in one desktop, wireless mouse and key board. about 3 years old.

If using Firefox, the videos I watch stop and start by themselves.

:)

DeniKidwell, Dec 25, 2019

2. Wandering mouse

Hi,

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to adjust the mouse speed and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

• Type mouse on the search bar and select Mouse and touchpad settings.
    • Select Additional Mouse Settings.
    • Select Pointer Options and adjust the mouse speed under Motion.
    If the issue still persists, I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Hardware and Devices.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Dec 25, 2019
  3. can't close googel chrome ???

There is a setting in Google Chrome that allows it to continue running various tasks in the background after you have closed the browser window. If this is allowed in your Google Chrome settings, then it can indeed be running even when there is no visible
    window. Personally, I don't allow Google Chrome to continue running in the background/ But that is for you to decide. To solve your immediate problem though, I suggest you turn off (don't allow) this option at least temporarily:

1. Start Google Chrome. There should of course be a visible browser window.
    2. Access the Google Chrome menu by clicking on the three dots at the top right corner of the browser window (it's just below the standard Microsoft icons to minimize maximize and close the window).
    3. Select "Settings" from that menu. Some basic Google Chrome settings should be displayed in the browser.
    4. Go to the bottom of the "Basic Settings" page and click on "Advanced".
    5. Locate the "System" group within the "Advanced Settings". Its near the bottom of this second settings page.
    6. One of the "System" settings is "Continue running background apps when Google Chrome is closed".

Turn this option OFF by sliding its little button to the left.
    7. Close the Google Chrome browser.
    There should now be no complaints about Google Chrome still running when you think it isn't.

If you would like to re-enable this feature later, just follow the same 7 Step procedure above.

Of course to re-enable the feature, replace "Turn this option OFF" in Step 6 with "Turn this option
    ON
    ".

I hope this helps.

Christopher Jeffrey Benson, Dec 25, 2019
  4. Rhen Pal Win User

Chrome closes itself and mouse wanders on its own

cursor wandering windows 10

Hi,

Please answer the following:

• Were there any changes or updates made to your device prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried using the same mouse on another computer?

We suggest that you boot your device in safe mode and check. Check the steps on this

link

Regards.

Rhen Pal, Dec 25, 2019
Thema:

Chrome closes itself and mouse wanders on its own

1. Chrome closes itself and mouse wanders on its own - Similar Threads - Chrome closes itself

2. terminal opening and closing on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    terminal opening and closing on its own: when i start my laptop windows 11 terminal start opening and closing on its own. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/terminal-opening-and-closing-on-its-own/4022d837-0a12-465b-b7af-032674c2e2e5
  3. terminal opening and closing on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    terminal opening and closing on its own: when i start my laptop windows 11 terminal start opening and closing on its own. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/terminal-opening-and-closing-on-its-own/4022d837-0a12-465b-b7af-032674c2e2e5
  4. Mouse moving on its own

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse moving on its own: Hello everyone. So my mouse is moving on its own and at first i thought it was the mouse itself or my mousepad but have concluded that they aren't the problem because normally when i turn on my pc it'll be fine and the mouse works like normal but sometimes out of nowhere it...
  5. Mouse moving on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse moving on its own: Hello everyone. So my mouse is moving on its own and at first i thought it was the mouse itself or my mousepad but have concluded that they aren't the problem because normally when i turn on my pc it'll be fine and the mouse works like normal but sometimes out of nowhere it...
  6. Mouse moving on its own

7. Outlook and Chrome apps close on their own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook and Chrome apps close on their own: Every day, both my Chrome and Outlook apps shut down automatically, sometimes several times a day. It always happens while I'm using a different app i.e. MS Word, Quickbooks, etc., and both apps seem to shut down at the same time. If it was only Chrome OR Outlook, I would...
  8. Outlook and Chrome apps close on their own

Outlook and Chrome apps close on their own: Every day, both my Chrome and Outlook apps shut down automatically, sometimes several times a day. It always happens while I'm using a different app i.e. MS Word, Quickbooks, etc., and both apps seem to shut down at the same time. If it was only Chrome OR Outlook, I would...
  9. windows settings closing on its own

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows settings closing on its own: when i open my settings and click on a category the settings app just closes on itself. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-settings-closing-on-its-own/f7e242d2-72be-4c4e-90bc-197bd7917709
  10. Mouse moving on its own

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse moving on its own: I was looking on chrome for Minecraft skins and then out of no where my mouse stopped working properly, This started after an update icon appeared on my tray at the bottom right corner, It does not move when I lock the touch pad, It may be my computer but I have done nothing...