Windows 10: Chrome compatibility issues

Discus and support Chrome compatibility issues in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For some reason, chrome is having compatibility issues with my laptop. I have updated the newest windows 10 update and it still does not work. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by IamNotTechSaavy, May 5, 2020.

1. Chrome compatibility issues

For some reason, chrome is having compatibility issues with my laptop. I have updated the newest windows 10 update and it still does not work. I have tried and gone through many forums but chrome still doesn't open. I have tried going into safe-mode and resetting the settings, I have made sure that my anti-virus programs do not prevent chrome from opening, I have tried reinstalling and installing chrome. And I have made sure there are no viruses or malware on my laptop. I am completely stuck on what to do next. Someone please help!

:)

IamNotTechSaavy, May 5, 2020

2. why my window is not compatible with my chrome browser?

Your question reads:

why my window is not compatible with my chrome browser?

I suggest you reverse it:

Why is my Chrome browser not compatible with my Windows 7?

This would immediately lead you to an answer:

1. Unistall Google Chrome.
    2. Download & re-install Google Chrome.

Frederik Long, May 5, 2020
  3. Chrome not even opening anymore

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Are you able to open other browser like Internet explorer and Edge?
    This issue may arise due to some corruption in Chrome installation files. I suggest you to try installing Google Chrome in compatibility mode and check if it works. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings
    from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the program in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the setup file from the Google Chrome website.
    • Right-click on the .exe setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’
      and select Windows 7/8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, May 5, 2020
  4. Chrome compatibility issues

Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, May 5, 2020
Thema:

Chrome compatibility issues

1. Chrome compatibility issues - Similar Threads - Chrome compatibility issues

2. Compatibility Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Compatibility Issues: Hello, I was using a game that was made for windows 95, and I had installed a 95 to XP patch on it, and was running it in 256 color mode like the game specified. I was playing the game and decided to update my computer. When I got back on after the update, the game no longer...
  3. Compatibility Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Compatibility Issues: Hello, I was using a game that was made for windows 95, and I had installed a 95 to XP patch on it, and was running it in 256 color mode like the game specified. I was playing the game and decided to update my computer. When I got back on after the update, the game no longer...
  4. Compatibility Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Compatibility issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Compatibility issues: I'm enrolled in Sundance college and I'm having trouble submitting projects in Microsoft word. the class lessons are taught through Sam.cengage and it says there's a compatibility problem when i try to submit them to be graded. This is what it says. "This project is not...
  6. Turning on the compatibility mode for Chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Turning on the compatibility mode for Chrome: I have been trying to trying to turn on the compatibility mode on for my broswers, chrome specifically. They say that i need to right click on the icon, well, when i do it doesnt pop up with properties. It doesnt help that my start menu always comes up when i close anything...
  7. Compatability issue

Compatability issue: Hello Microsoft I have an issue in Compatability i have a program that i cant operate in my normal pc bec its a bit old so i have to set the Compatability to "windows xp service pack 3" so that works but it doesnt want to set propaply note : i have windows 8.1 32 bit and...
  8. compatibility issues

compatibility issues: Hello, Microsoft. I bring you a question which is also a request. But I beg you beforehand that you don't take my words wrong, as a form of abuse from my part. I would like to ask you if there is any form of loss that you would suffer if the previous versions of Windows...
  9. Compatibility Issue

Compatibility Issue: I am hoping someone can help me. I right click on my game icon on my desktop and properties then compatibility tab and it only goes up to windows 8 only. I have windows 10 home. I am trying to play a game that requires windows 10. I cannot change this. I cannot play. State...
  10. Compatibility Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Compatibility Issue: I purchased an expensive Biblesoft Professional Reference Version 5 Program 2 years before Windows 10. I am being told now that I will have problems and my program needs a $650 update to be compatible with Windows 10! Is this true? Hope someone can help....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chrome is not compatible with windows 10