Windows 10: Chrome Constantly Crashes On Launch

Discus and support Chrome Constantly Crashes On Launch in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I have an odd issue here. Google Chrome on my laptop keeps crashing upon launch. The window will open, show up white for 3-5 seconds... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ArazelEternal, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Chrome Constantly Crashes On Launch

Hello everyone,

I have an odd issue here. Google Chrome on my laptop keeps crashing upon launch. The window will open, show up white for 3-5 seconds then just close itself. Weird thing is I dont get any sort of error message or anything. It just simply crashes. Ive done some google searching and I cant seem to find anything that really helps.

Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times. When I do this, it might start and run a few times, then goes back to crashing on launch. Unloading and reloading extensions one by one. Ive even gone as far as to delete my user profile on Windows and create a new one as I know sometimes corrupt and broken profiles can cause some interesting issues. None of this seems to help.

Firefox and Microsoft Edge seem to be uneffected by this. Google Chrome works flawlessly on my desktop with a near identical setup as to my laptop. Both systems are very similar hardware wise.

The only thing I am thinking, the only thing I read on the internet that seems to make any sense is I read a post somewhere (wish I could find it again) that said Chrome may have a hard time on systems with switchable graphics like my laptop has. Just in case it helps, Ill post my laptop specs here. My desktop specs are in my system info link that gets posted with every post.

Laptop:

Dell Precision M4800
    Intel Core i7 4810MQ @ 3.8 Ghz w/ Turbo Boost and Intel HD Graphics 4600
    16GB RAM DDR3-1600
    128GB Samsung PM830 mSATA SSD
    1TB Seagate FireCuda HDD as a Data drive
    NVIDIA Quadro K2100M 2GB
    Windows 10 Pro x64

If you need any more info, let me know. Id be really interested to see if anyone has any insight on this. Ive never seen an issue like this before.

EDIT:

I forgot to add some info. The switchable graphics on this thing are betweem the CPU graphics (Intel HD 4600) and the NVIDIA Quadro K2100M.

:)

ArazelEternal, Mar 6, 2017

2. Why do WIndows 10 crash both my laptop and decktop since recent update???

Both machines are now nearly useless, constantly crashing when trying to launch Google.

Microsoft this is poor!!!!

Andrew Hirst, Mar 6, 2017
  3. Chrome

I also have this problem chrome is constantly crashing when I do get it too open it was fine before the update, tried reinstalls but it still continues to crash and sometime not open at all

Biscuit head 0, Mar 6, 2017
  4. Chrome Constantly Crashes On Launch

Hi ArazelEternal

Have you run the Chrome cleanup tool?

Says it will remove software that can cause crashes, not sure how interactive it is. It might be advisable to have backup in case it removes something it shouldn't. (and a restore point)

Chrome Cleanup Tool

On switchable graphics, seems Chrome wants to run on integrated and most articles are related as to how to force it to the addin Video adapter. I searched "Chrome Switchable graphics" and then added your specific nvidia card.

Does Chrome behave the same on a clean boot?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 7, 2017
  5. Thanks for your response. Ill try that and report back on what happens.

ArazelEternal, Mar 7, 2017
  6. Hi etiennevdlinde. Welcome to the TenForums @etiennevdlinde

When did this start?

Did you make any changes physical or software a few days before this started. ( New AV, new extensions, new products)

If you go into Chrome Settings, Advance Settings and down to Reset.

Assuming you are running a recent version there is a Clean Up option. I would try it. Then I would step up to the reset.

Read the warnings on the reset.

After the reset you will have to enable extensions, please do it slowly in case one of them is causing issue.

ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
  7. I am experiencing the same problem with Chrome. I noticed that some other applications making network connections also crash when Chrome goes into this state. Any resolution yet to this problem?

etiennevdlinde, Apr 10, 2018
Thema:

Chrome Constantly Crashes On Launch

1. Chrome Constantly Crashes On Launch - Similar Threads - Chrome Constantly Crashes

2. Google Chrome seems to constantly crash!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Chrome seems to constantly crash!: for the past few weeks google chrome all of a sudden crashes. have tried almost everything but no joy. disabled all extensions, uninstalled chrome, delete folder from program file x86, even deleted from registry.can anyone suggest anything else please?...
  3. Google Chrome seems to constantly crash!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Chrome seems to constantly crash!: for the past few weeks google chrome all of a sudden crashes. have tried almost everything but no joy. disabled all extensions, uninstalled chrome, delete folder from program file x86, even deleted from registry.can anyone suggest anything else please?...
  4. Google Chrome seems to constantly crash!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Google chrome immediately crashes when launched.

Google chrome immediately crashes when launched.: Hello, my google chrome instantly crashes when i double-click on it.When i launch it from a different window user on the same computer, it works.Im on windows 10.When i spam click on it, it works after a dozen of clicks and starts a single tab, then it crashes whenever it...
  6. Google Chrome will not launch

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google Chrome will not launch: Yesterday all was fine. This morning I clicked, as usual, on my Google Chrome shortcut on my desktop. It would not work. I tried the icon on the launch bar. Won't work. I checked and there was a Windows 10 update last night. I googled on my other pc and saw a couple of...
  7. Google Chrome not launching

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google Chrome not launching: I cannot launch Chrome from my Surface Pro/Windows 10. Tried uninstalling, but it says it's already open which it is not. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-not-launching/60ef656b-8b87-4017-a472-0a5375c345c0
  8. Any solution to the problem of Chrome and Chrome based Edge constantly crashing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any solution to the problem of Chrome and Chrome based Edge constantly crashing?: Got an ASUS Rampage V Extreme MB. Intel I-7 5930K. OS drive is a Samsung 970 Evo 1 Terabyte NVME M2 SSD. 16 Gig of G-Skill DDR-4 2667 Running Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit. 2 x EVGA GTX 1080 ti Founders Edition video cards in SLI. 1000 Watt Cooler Master PS. 2 x Acer 286 HK...
  9. Chrome constantly crashing

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome constantly crashing: Not sure why, but when I open Chrome (after it has crashed once), I am able to restore the tabs I previously had open, but then immediately after, it crashes again. I have tried searching for malicious software using the Chrome Cleanup Tool and none was found. I have also run...
  10. Constant BSOD and chrome crashes - help please?

Constant BSOD and chrome crashes - help please?: Hello from New Zealand! Intel i7 920 cpu Gigabyte GA EX58 Mobo EVGA 750w psu Nvidia GTX970 gpu Starts on 2 ssd's and runs 4 hds Had my computer show nothing but black screen before the weekend. I have managed to get it back up and running after changing the power...