Windows 10: Chrome continually opens new windows with every link, awful.

Discus and support Chrome continually opens new windows with every link, awful. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; How to make that stop! What I mean is an entirely NEW window, not a tab is being opened. Every new window is also cascading not full screen. I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by sdowney717, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Chrome continually opens new windows with every link, awful.

How to make that stop!

What I mean is an entirely NEW window, not a tab is being opened.

Every new window is also cascading not full screen.
    I was reading about sticky keys, and for windows they are off.

I also tried under chrome settings a browser reset.

edit, turns out the shift key was stuck down.

:)

sdowney717, Nov 4, 2017
  2. Ashleigh~ Win User

Links opening in wrong browser / win10

Even with a new account, links continue to open in Internet Explorer and not Chrome.

Ashleigh~, Nov 4, 2017
  3. Degandra Win User
    Task Bar Keep flashing and using CPU after resetting default apps

Hello, so i was having trouble setting google chrome to my default browsers, every time i click on Microsoft Edge below browser, and click google chrome, i wouldn't refresh to google chrome, and so i reset the default apps thinking that would help, but
    after the task bar keep flashing(refreshing).

I tried to restart windows explorer with the task manager, it stopped, but every time i tried to open google chrome or a link it continues flashing.

If you know any why of fixing this and setting my google chrome to default browser, please tell me

Thanks.

Degandra, Nov 4, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

Chrome continually opens new windows with every link, awful.

Ahhh!!!
    That spilled peanut butter's a bugger sometimes, ain't it! *Wink

Edwin, Nov 4, 2017
Thema:

Chrome continually opens new windows with every link, awful.

1. Chrome continually opens new windows with every link, awful. - Similar Threads - Chrome continually opens

2. Links in windows not opening in chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Links in windows not opening in chrome: Chrome is up to date Version 120.0.6099.130 Official Build 64-bitOS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045If I click on a link in windows, like a saved browser shortcut in a folder it will not open in Chrome, if I change my default browser app to Firefox...
  3. Links in windows not opening in chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Links in windows not opening in chrome: Chrome is up to date Version 120.0.6099.130 Official Build 64-bitOS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045If I click on a link in windows, like a saved browser shortcut in a folder it will not open in Chrome, if I change my default browser app to Firefox...
  4. Links in windows not opening in chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. how to make copilot links open with chrome?

how to make copilot links open with chrome?: I was trying the new copilot AI, and it gave me some weblinks I asked for. Unfortunately, the links open with edge instead of my default browser which is chrome. How do I change the browser that copilot links open to?...
  6. Chrome Opens a new tab links to suspicious website, is this a virus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Chrome Opens a new tab links to suspicious website, is this a virus?: Hello, chrome keeps randomly opening new tabs to the link: s1.toupdate15.com, I figured it is some kind of a virus or a software that I have to uninstall off my conputer but I don’t know how to locate it and permanently delete it. [Original Title: Virus??]...
  7. Every time I hit escape a new chrome window opens

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Every time I hit escape a new chrome window opens: Previously it would open up the mail app. i deleted it and now it’s chrome. i’m new to windows so have no idea what could have caused this or what to do submitted by /u/cranberrysprite666 [link] [comments]...
  8. Open link as new window in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Open link as new window in Edge: In IE, there was a setting to open links (e.g., ones selected by shift-clicking, or ones with a target attribute in the anchor tag) into a new window instead of a new tab. I can't find a way to do this in Edge - in general, the number of user-adjustable settings seems to be...
  9. Awful design of 'Open with...'

Awful design of 'Open with...': With a file selected in Explorer I right click to show the context menu. Then I click 'Open with' to display the menu of choices. But why does this not include the default, associated program (GPS Utility in this case)? [img] I did not d-click the file to launch...
  10. Aw Snap Error in Chrome browser..

in Windows 10 Support
    Aw Snap Error in Chrome browser..: Hi Guys... Does any one knows how to fix Aw Snap error in Chrome Browser... It's a headache.. *cry*cry [img] 89062