Windows 10: Chrome crashes immediately when I open it

Discus and support Chrome crashes immediately when I open it in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I try to open chrome it crashes as soon as I open it. I have found a workaround to this where I rename chrome in the file explorer. As soon as I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WilliamSchellenberg, Aug 9, 2022.

1. Chrome crashes immediately when I open it

When I try to open chrome it crashes as soon as I open it. I have found a workaround to this where I rename chrome in the file explorer. As soon as I rename chrome it works fine for a bit then something goes wrong and it says the side configuration is wrong then I have to do the same prosses all over again. This gets really annoying and I don't know what to do.I have all drivers downloaded, I have posted this same question over and over and no one can solve it. I have even tried wiping my whole computer and nothing has worked.

:)

WilliamSchellenberg, Aug 9, 2022
  2. Dave____J Win User

chrome will not open

IK reinstalled the KB and a Silverlight update, no luck. I tried to remove chrome , again, using the suggested tool. Chrome was not on the list, I selected not listed. It wanted the product code. A quick internet search did not find it. I removed chrome
    using the add and remove programs.,reinstalled chrome and ran the clean up tool, no malware. chrome now opens.. I have signed in and it is working. The second removal worked. thx

Dave____J, Aug 9, 2022
  3. Google Chrome crashes

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that the Chrome browser crashes. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check whether you are able to repair Google Chrome and check if that helps.

In Search, enter Control Panel and select Control Panel.

• Select Programs > Programs and
      Features
      , and then select the program.
    • Select Uninstall to remove the program.
    • To fix the program, select Repair or, if that’s not available, Change.
    • Follow the directions on the screen
    If the repair option is not present, you may uninstall and reinstall the application and check if that helps.

If the issue still persists, it would be better if you contact the Google Chrome support for further assistance.

Hope the provided information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 9, 2022
  4. Dave____J Win User

Chrome crashes immediately when I open it

chrome will not open

Installed:

April 2018 update

KB4103721

All apps etc were working until KB4103721 was installed and the PC was restarted. After the restart Chrome will nor open. It starts to open then closes immediately. Removing the update did not help. Removal and reinstall of Chrome did nothing.

Suggestions?

Dave____J, Aug 9, 2022
Thema:

Chrome crashes immediately when I open it

1. Chrome crashes immediately when I open it - Similar Threads - Chrome crashes immediately

2. Chrome is just crashing immediately when I open it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome is just crashing immediately when I open it: As said in the title, I've reinstalled it 3 times and no change, deleted some files in the user data folder but nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-is-just-crashing-immediately-when-i-open-it/902f169f-53b2-43c9-b1af-11394535d851
  3. Chrome is just crashing immediately when I open it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome is just crashing immediately when I open it: As said in the title, I've reinstalled it 3 times and no change, deleted some files in the user data folder but nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-is-just-crashing-immediately-when-i-open-it/902f169f-53b2-43c9-b1af-11394535d851
  4. google chrome crashes immediately

google chrome crashes immediately: I have a new laptop and tried to install google chrome. After the install when I try to launch chrome, a window flashes and then immediately closes. Any way to fix this? I tried uninstalling chrome, then reinstalling,, then also restarted my computer and it's still not...
  5. google chrome crashes immediately

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    google chrome crashes immediately: I have a new laptop and tried to install google chrome. After the install when I try to launch chrome, a window flashes and then immediately closes. Any way to fix this? I tried uninstalling chrome, then reinstalling,, then also restarted my computer and it's still not...
  6. Chrome crashes immediately when I open it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome crashes immediately when I open it: When I try to open chrome it crashes as soon as I open it. I have found a workaround to this where I rename chrome in the file explorer. As soon as I rename chrome it works fine for a bit then something goes wrong and it says the side configuration is wrong then I have to do...
  7. Chrome crashes immediately when I open it

Chrome crashes immediately when I open it: When I try to open chrome it crashes as soon as I open it. I have found a workaround to this where I rename chrome in the file explorer. As soon as I rename chrome it works fine for a bit then something goes wrong and it says the side configuration is wrong then I have to do...
  8. Chrome opens but immediately closes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chrome opens but immediately closes: chrome opens but it immediately closes sometimes it will stay open for 5 mins or all day without closing but it will happen constantly the next day until I reset my computersometimes that doesn't even work or clear all my cache which again sometimes doesn't work it's just...
  9. Google chrome immediately crashes when launched.

Google chrome immediately crashes when launched.: Hello, my google chrome instantly crashes when i double-click on it.When i launch it from a different window user on the same computer, it works.Im on windows 10.When i spam click on it, it works after a dozen of clicks and starts a single tab, then it crashes whenever it...
  10. Google Chrome crashes immediately

Google Chrome crashes immediately: I just got my HP laptop back from the HP support there was a hardware issue. One of the first things I tried to do was reinstall chrome as it is necessary for college work. However, when I launch chrome it flashes a small black window and closes immediately. I have seen a...