Windows 10: Chrome crashes very often, on any tab, error chrome.exe 0xc000012d

Discus and support Chrome crashes very often, on any tab, error chrome.exe 0xc000012d in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft Team, An error with chrome browser: The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000012d). Any tab crashes at any time,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tombrol, Jan 17, 2019.

1. tombrol Win User

Chrome crashes very often, on any tab, error chrome.exe 0xc000012d

Dear Microsoft Team,

An error with chrome browser: The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000012d).

Any tab crashes at any time, refreshing helps only sometimes. But this repeats all the time.

Chrome crashes very often, on any tab, error chrome.exe 0xc000012d [​IMG]

Please advise

Many thanks,

Tom

:)

tombrol, Jan 17, 2019

2. Google Chrome crashes

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that the Chrome browser crashes. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check whether you are able to repair Google Chrome and check if that helps.

In Search, enter Control Panel and select Control Panel.

• Select Programs > Programs and
      Features
      , and then select the program.
    • Select Uninstall to remove the program.
    • To fix the program, select Repair or, if that’s not available, Change.
    • Follow the directions on the screen
    If the repair option is not present, you may uninstall and reinstall the application and check if that helps.

If the issue still persists, it would be better if you contact the Google Chrome support for further assistance.

Hope the provided information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 17, 2019
  3. Ace B2 Win User
    Chrome crashes

I switched tabs and Chrome browser suddenly crashed. It keeps crashing when I press the tabs with fingers. I’ve already tried to uninstall and reinstall Chrome, no effect. Can you help me? I use Surface Pro.

Ace B2, Jan 17, 2019
  4. Chrome crashes very often, on any tab, error chrome.exe 0xc000012d

Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

Chrome crashes very often, on any tab, error chrome.exe 0xc000012d

1. Chrome crashes very often, on any tab, error chrome.exe 0xc000012d - Similar Threads - Chrome crashes very

2. Chrome tabs crash regularly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Chrome tabs crash regularly: Hello,I have a fresh Windows 10 installment from yesterday and I had the same issue with my last installment Win 11.The problem is that Chrome tabs crash regularly and in the event viewer I only get the following shown:"The application-specific permission settings do not...
  3. Chrome tabs crash regularly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome tabs crash regularly: Hello,I have a fresh Windows 10 installment from yesterday and I had the same issue with my last installment Win 11.The problem is that Chrome tabs crash regularly and in the event viewer I only get the following shown:"The application-specific permission settings do not...
  4. Chrome tabs crash regularly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. outlook tab in chrome

in Browsers and Email
    outlook tab in chrome: when i open chrome, it opens 5 tabs, the problem is with outlook tab only, it does not load outlook website, until i click on the tab when i click on outlook tab it starts loading the website by itself, without me pressing the refresh button i have the latest version of...
  6. Disappearing tabs on Chrome.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disappearing tabs on Chrome.: Yesterday and today, I've noticed that occasionally, the last couple of tabs on Chrome disappear, then reappear when I open a new tab. What do I do about it?
  7. Have been getting BSOD's for a while now and Chrome tabs often crash, latest errors seem...

Have been getting BSOD's for a while now and Chrome tabs often crash, latest errors seem...: Hi, everyone, been getting BSOD's for several months or maybe more than a year now. Only started to seriously try to figure out the root cause recently. I've replaced my GPU and PSU, and some of the types of crashes went away but I'm still getting BSOD's. here's a link to...
  8. Chrome tabs and browsers

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome tabs and browsers: I have a new HP laptop and I am running an extra screen. One the extra screen, I have 2 Chrome browsers with multiple different tabs on each browser. I have a Chrome browser on the laptop with different tabs. I would like that desktop set-up to be the same when I restart or...
  9. Error (0xc000012d)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Error (0xc000012d): Hi, I'm using Dell inspiron 3000 series and often I get this error '' The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000012d). Click OK to close the application''. The system hangs and gets as slow as ever. Also the chrome keeps crashing with the Awh Snap error....
  10. BSOD while using Chrome very often (and freezing OS).

BSOD while using Chrome very often (and freezing OS).: Hi, Im getting too much BSOD, specifically using Google Chrome and normaly it happens when I have a lot of tabs open and I do something, like closing one tab, open one, scroll, or click. Not always having a lot of tabs, sometimes made it with a few opened, somedays make me...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chrome 0xc000012d

2. 0xc0000012d chrome.exe

3. browsers windows 10 0xc000012d

4. 0xc000012d chrome,
  5. the application was unable 0xc000012d chrome,
  6. error google chrome 0xc000012d,
  7. chrome.exe crash,
  8. chrome.exe crash error,
  9. chrome.exe 0xc000012d,
  10. chrome.exe application error 0xc000012d windows 10