Windows 10: Chrome crashing after update to win 10

Discus and support Chrome crashing after update to win 10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello I recently updated my laptop to win 10 and i had to stop using chrome because it crashes. i tried to re-install it and it didnt help when i... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by V1l1am, Apr 22, 2016.

1. V1l1am Win User

Chrome crashing after update to win 10

Hello
    I recently updated my laptop to win 10 and i had to stop using chrome because it crashes.
    i tried to re-install it and it didnt help
    when i open any kind of video on chrome and play it on full screen it crashes and i cant open chrome for some amount of time.
    it sais that it is not responding, and if i want to turn it on again. when i click yes it opens it and when i try to open google or something it crashes again. after about 2 days of working on computer i can open chrome normally and it would crash if i open video again.
    i watch videos about 30% of my time in front of computer, and edge doest support lot of things i used in chrome.
    i think going back to win 7 would help but win 10 is better for me, that is only thing that changed with update to worst

:)

V1l1am, Apr 22, 2016

2. Blue screen then turn to black

I upgraded my laptop from win 8.1 to win 10, it was working fine for 2 months and after the windows done some auto updates suddenly it crashed to blue screen then black screen and after rebooting it keeps crashing the same way till it caused me the damage
    of my hard drive, after i replaced my hard drive and install win 8.1 as original i go to update it to win 10 and again after the windows automatic update it starts to crash the same way again blue screen then black screen and going for auto repair mode, then
    I am back to my original win 8.1

please can somebody advice me what to do to upgrade to win 10 and avoid this crashing after the upgrade.

now my laptop OS is win 8.1

Hammam Elhalwany, Apr 22, 2016
  3. Mr. Low Win User
    Win 10: Google Chrome and Firefox browser unable to launch / crash in the midst of browsing

Hi,

Thank you for Win 10. It is free, fast and beautiful.

So far the MS Edge browser can work very well with this OS.

Other popular browser such as Google Chrome and Firefox have a lot of problems.

Just list it down for easy reference:

1. Google Chrome could not be launch. Upon clicking the button at the task bar, there is no response.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall it back from a fresh download, the Win 10 crashed (blue Screen phenomena). I need to use system restore to get it back.

2. Firefox was working well initially, however the Java Plug in and flash player plug in frequently crash in the midst of browsing. subsequently the browser crashed. Today I could not launch this application.

There is no issue of these two browser under Win XP (Pro) Win 7, Win 8, Win 8.1.

May I know how to fix this issue? Will I risk crashing my Win 10 OS again?

Thanks

Mr. Low, Apr 22, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

..................edge doest support lot of things i used in chrome.....................

Any chance IE11 will work where Edge will not ?

davidhk, Apr 23, 2016
  5. AnEdge Win User
    Hey V1, go into programs and features and uninstall Chrome and re-download the 64 bit version, Assuming you have a 64 bit machine. Here's the link

https://www.google.com/chrome/browse...platform=win64

Its a lot more stable for Win 10,,By default, you will download the 32-bit version of Google Chrome. There's no big button or big section advertising the 64-bit version...re-sign in with your account and you should be good to go. Like David said , have you tried IE? Also Firefox runs great on 10. Let us know how works out

AnEdge, Apr 23, 2016
  6. V1l1am Win User
    64 bit version did not help, as you said with clicking on big button i clicked on start menu and i saw Microsoft edge so i started using it... i was using chrome for 4-5 years so i like all features and i use google and lot of their apps which work best on chrome.
    before i used to use Firefox but it feels slower then chrome. it might be some drivers problems because i downloaded them manualy on win 7 but 10 got them automaticly so i didnt check if it got all of them.
    i dont want to go back to win 7, win 10 is smoother for me and it is pretty similar.
    before chrome i used Firefox and sometimes opera, i didnt like old IE and dont want to try it, i know that edge should be better IE but i think it is not done yet
    i know that it is not supposed to be in this forum but what antivirus should i install?

V1l1am, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Chrome crashing after update to win 10 - Similar Threads - Chrome crashing update

2. win 10 getting crashed and corrupted after new update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10 getting crashed and corrupted after new update: Actually new windows update is talking very long time and making my win 10 slow and corrupted . Windows 10 crashing after 20H2 update.more over my internet connection is good and constant still this problem exist .i have to reset the pc frequently its very annoying update by...
  3. Window 10 2021 Update crashes Chrome

Window 10 2021 Update crashes Chrome: Hi, last Thursday, June 10th my computer was updated with the latest Windows 10 May 2021 update. Since it was installed, Google Chrome crashes when I try to use it. I took it to Geek Squad, and they removed Chrome and reinstalled it 3 times with no luck. When I tried, to go...
  4. All games crashing after Win 10 2004 update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All games crashing after Win 10 2004 update.: Hi Everyone i have been having a problem playing any game since the win 10 2004 update. Every game crashes. the time are very inconsistent. sometime i play 2 min, and other times 25-45min. crashes very random. These games worked perfectly fine before the update, and my...
  5. chrome crashing after quality updates to windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    chrome crashing after quality updates to windows 10: My PC updated last night/ early this morning with updates KB4565483 AND KB4565633. Since this morning when I open chrome it stays up for about 15 seconds and crashes. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome but the same thing keeps happening. I ran the trouble shooting...
  6. Win 10 crashing after Sept 19 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 crashing after Sept 19 update: My PC crashes with suspicious regularity after 16:25 [plus or minus 5 seconds] 16:28 [didn't log reason in time] 16:24 System service exception 16:23 Kmode exception not handled 16:33 System service exception 16:23 Kernal mode heap corruption.......
  7. Chrome and Win 10 again. . .

Chrome and Win 10 again. . .: These last two updates have have been messing with me more than ever (and before you tell me "thats a chrome problem, sorry dude cant help. It is Microsoft just as much as it is Google) ever since the updates Chrome auto redirects everything i search to Bing and it is killing...
  8. Crashing Google Chrome after fall update 2018 for Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crashing Google Chrome after fall update 2018 for Windows 10: After fall 2018 update for Windows 10 Chrome keeps crashing? Why do I need to go back to windows 8.1 it worked much better? ***Modified title from: why after fall update 2018 for Windows 10 and now Google chrome keeps crashing??***...
  9. Sticky Note On Win 10 Crash after Update

Sticky Note On Win 10 Crash after Update: Dear Admin, Please help how to Resolve Sticky notes, after Update Windows totally not working.. regrds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/sticky-note-on-win-10-crash-after-update/954e5461-db7f-4c6b-b3e1-8802a1bdd742
  10. Chrome or Win 10 causes this?

Chrome or Win 10 causes this?: I made an internet shortcut ​on my Desktop. (I use Chrome. It has a Chrome icon on the desktop.) I set the shortcut to: Hourly forecast :: WRAL.com . (Links on page work ,from there.) Instead, first comes up with a small window saying "Downloading from LTL3PV59", a...