Windows 10: chrome doesn't launch when it's running when in sleep

Discus and support chrome doesn't launch when it's running when in sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Just recently about every four times I bring the laptop out of sleep chrome won't launch. I found a website that told me to check the task manager and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by paulaE., Oct 15, 2020.

1. paulaE. Win User

chrome doesn't launch when it's running when in sleep

Just recently about every four times I bring the laptop out of sleep chrome won't launch. I found a website that told me to check the task manager and if it is there to "end task". and then it launches fine. When I look in the task manager I find two google chromes that are tiny MB but they obviously preventing the launch when i come back to the laptop.

Is there something I can do so this won't happen at all. this is a new thing and i have had this laptop for years. I don't change setting/start up etc. I've had no problems.

It's not really about the sleep functioln but i had to choose a topic.

thanks

:)

paulaE., Oct 15, 2020

2. setting doesn´t launch, or launches the store instead

setting doesn´t launch, or launches the store instead

Moved from es-ES

YESICAAMAYA, Oct 15, 2020
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

chrome doesn't launch when it's running when in sleep [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Oct 15, 2020
  4. chrome doesn't launch when it's running when in sleep

Forza Horizon 4 - Crashing on Startup, doesn´t run

Hi Vijay,

thanks for response. I tried your steps with a Google DNS and Open DNS - but it doesn´t help.

The game still crashes in the moment I try to run it.

I'll be glad for another solutions.

Vít Řípa, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

chrome doesn't launch when it's running when in sleep

1. chrome doesn't launch when it's running when in sleep - Similar Threads - chrome doesn't launch

2. Trackpad doesn't work when waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Trackpad doesn't work when waking from sleep: Often when I wake my laptop from sleep, my trackpad stops working. I've enabled ctrl to show where the cursor is, and it does not move. The trackpoint does not work either. In "ELAN Trackpoint for..." it shows the trackpoint as off with the toggle greyed out. After multiple...
  3. Taskbar doesn't hide when programs are running

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar doesn't hide when programs are running: Hello, A couple of days ago my taskbar stopped automatically hiding when I have programs open in full screen mode. I already tried going to taskbar settings and selecting "automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode", nothing changed and the taskbar is never hidden....
  4. Why is my computer running when it sleeps?

Why is my computer running when it sleeps?: I've had an issue for the last two years and it's getting really frustrating. I wasn't able to pinpoint what exactly causes the error but I'm now seeing a symptom that seems regular enough. Basically, my laptop Dell XPS 15 9550 has sleep problems. At first, I'd notice that...
  5. Windows 10 doesn't sleep when lid closed

Windows 10 doesn't sleep when lid closed: How is it that Microsoft has not figured out how to solve this problem for the past 15+ years? I think the code looks something like this: If lid=closed then sleep Of course someone will inevitably reply to this and tell me how it's "not this simple." Yes, jackass from...
  6. CHKDSK doesn't display correct percentage when running.

CHKDSK doesn't display correct percentage when running.: Noticed that when I run the Check Disk utility on the target machine the percentage indicator doesn't display the correct percentage. It usually freezes at 10% or an arbitrary number and then appears to complete. What is causing this? 112040
  7. Chrome will not launch when windows 8 mode selected.

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome will not launch when windows 8 mode selected.: When you open Chrome and select re-launch in Windows 8 mode, it closes. It is then impossible to relaunch chrome unless you right click it and choose as run as admin. IUninstalling, rebooting, then reinstalling is the only thing that worked. 4810
  8. Chrome won't launch when pinned to taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome won't launch when pinned to taskbar: Hello I have chrome pinned to the task bar but it won't simply launch the application like it does with all the my other icons. I have to keep right clicking it and then choosing chrome within the menu - kinda annoying. Is there a way to change this behaviour so it will...
  9. Windows 10 launches extra thread when running an executable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 launches extra thread when running an executable: Hi there. I observed that when creating an executable with Visual Studio, Windows 10 will launch one (sometimes even two) extra thread. This happens even for the simplest program: int main() { return 0; } If you break on return 0, Visual Studio will show two threads:...
  10. Win10 running "out of memory" when the computer sleeps.

Win10 running "out of memory" when the computer sleeps.: Hello After installing Windows 10 a while back I began seeing a "Your computer is low on memory" error... this error only appears after the computer goes to sleep and is woken up, and never happened on Windows 7 or 8.1. Nothing has changed except for the os The os is on...