Windows 10: chrome doesn't launch when it's running when in sleep

Discus and support chrome doesn't launch when it's running when in sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Just recently about every four times I bring the laptop out of sleep chrome won't launch. I found a website that told me to check the task manager and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by paulaE., Oct 15, 2020.

1. paulaE. Win User

chrome doesn't launch when it's running when in sleep

Just recently about every four times I bring the laptop out of sleep chrome won't launch. I found a website that told me to check the task manager and if it is there to "end task". and then it launches fine. When I look in the task manager I find two google chromes that are tiny MB but they obviously preventing the launch when i come back to the laptop.

Is there something I can do so this won't happen at all. this is a new thing and i have had this laptop for years. I don't change setting/start up etc. I've had no problems.

It's not really about the sleep functioln but i had to choose a topic.

thanks

:)

paulaE., Oct 15, 2020

2. setting doesn´t launch, or launches the store instead

setting doesn´t launch, or launches the store instead

Moved from es-ES

YESICAAMAYA, Oct 15, 2020
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

chrome doesn't launch when it's running when in sleep [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Oct 15, 2020
  4. chrome doesn't launch when it's running when in sleep

Forza Horizon 4 - Crashing on Startup, doesn´t run

Hi Vijay,

thanks for response. I tried your steps with a Google DNS and Open DNS - but it doesn´t help.

The game still crashes in the moment I try to run it.

I'll be glad for another solutions.

Vít Řípa, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

chrome doesn't launch when it's running when in sleep

1. chrome doesn't launch when it's running when in sleep - Similar Threads - chrome doesn't launch

2. Laptop doesn't sleep when lid is closed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop doesn't sleep when lid is closed.: I am on Windows 10 HP laptop and when I close the lid it doesn't go to sleep or turn off the screen.I have the "When I close the lid" in system settings set to sleep on battery and sleep plugged in. It doesn't work though....
  3. Laptop doesn't sleep when lid is closed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop doesn't sleep when lid is closed.: I am on Windows 10 HP laptop and when I close the lid it doesn't go to sleep or turn off the screen.I have the "When I close the lid" in system settings set to sleep on battery and sleep plugged in. It doesn't work though....
  4. Laptop doesn't sleep when lid is closed.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION when Chrome and/or Path of exile is running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION when Chrome and/or Path of exile is running: Hello,A few weeks ago, I started to have some BSOD.When combining Chrome + Path of Exile, I can have a BSOD within 30 minutes in average.Firefox + Path of Exile can crash after a few hours.Chrome alone crashes my computer after a long moment too.Every time I got a BSOD, the...
  6. Microphone doesn't work only in Chrome and that too when run from Admin account.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone doesn't work only in Chrome and that too when run from Admin account.: Hi,Microphone is not working for me in Chrome. It's working in Firefox, Edge and all other apps. To debug the issue I've tried several things which I'll list shortly. But I want to mention one thing first which migh be the biggest clue for debugging my issue. To test if it's...
  7. Google chrome immediately crashes when launched.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Google chrome immediately crashes when launched.: Hello, my google chrome instantly crashes when i double-click on it.When i launch it from a different window user on the same computer, it works.Im on windows 10.When i spam click on it, it works after a dozen of clicks and starts a single tab, then it crashes whenever it...
  8. Why is my computer running when it sleeps?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why is my computer running when it sleeps?: I've had an issue for the last two years and it's getting really frustrating. I wasn't able to pinpoint what exactly causes the error but I'm now seeing a symptom that seems regular enough. Basically, my laptop Dell XPS 15 9550 has sleep problems. At first, I'd notice that...
  9. Chrome will not launch when windows 8 mode selected.

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome will not launch when windows 8 mode selected.: When you open Chrome and select re-launch in Windows 8 mode, it closes. It is then impossible to relaunch chrome unless you right click it and choose as run as admin. IUninstalling, rebooting, then reinstalling is the only thing that worked. 4810
  10. Chrome won't launch when pinned to taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome won't launch when pinned to taskbar: Hello I have chrome pinned to the task bar but it won't simply launch the application like it does with all the my other icons. I have to keep right clicking it and then choosing chrome within the menu - kinda annoying. Is there a way to change this behaviour so it will...