Windows 10: chrome dosen't show up in microphone settings

Discus and support chrome dosen't show up in microphone settings in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I can't get Chrome to access my microphone. Chrome is for some reason missing from the microphone privacy settings, resulting in that it can't use... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by WalterThorslund, Apr 21, 2020.

1. chrome dosen't show up in microphone settings

I can't get Chrome to access my microphone. Chrome is for some reason missing from the microphone privacy settings, resulting in that it can't use microphone inputs in google meet. Is there any way to manually add chrome to the list of apps that can access the microphone? chrome dosen't show up in microphone settings 8df44430-a01a-42cd-82db-bc085762bb8b?upload=true.png

:)

WalterThorslund, Apr 21, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Apr 21, 2020
  3. setting up microphone for speech recognition

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are trying to setup speech recognition on the PC.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • When you say that “the box is grey and unresponsive”, where you are seeing this option?
    • Are you able to connect the microphone to the PC? (Does it show in Device Manager)

Meanwhile we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if you are able to setup the microphone.

Steps to set up a microphone: Before you set up Speech Recognition, make sure you've plugged the microphone into your PC so the following steps work.

1. Press Windows + Q or click on the Windows Search.
    2. Enter Set up a microphone in the search box, and then tap or click
      Set up a microphone.
    3. Follow the instructions on the screen.
    4. Once you are able to setup the microphone and then check if it’s working.

You may also refer this article for additional help: Use voice recognition
    in Windows 10

If you are facing issues configuring microphone on your computer, I would suggest you to refer:

Fix microphone problems

Let us know how it goes.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Apr 21, 2020
  4. chrome dosen't show up in microphone settings

Microphone not showing up

Hi,

Normally, the issue you're getting with the microphone not showing up is caused by compatibility issues or that there are drivers that are not up to date. To isolate your concern, we'd like to know if your microphone was already enabled. To check this, follow
    the steps listed below:

• Right-click on the volume icon and select Recording devices.
    • Right-click on an empty space inside the window and select, Show disconnected devices and
      Show disabled devices.
    • Right-click on Microphone and select Properties and make sure that the microphone is enabled.
    • Check if the other microphone that you are using is set as default.

Feel free to post back for an update and let us know if you need more help.

Eileen Gal, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

chrome dosen't show up in microphone settings

1. chrome dosen't show up in microphone settings - Similar Threads - chrome dosen't show

2. New search box over behavior dosen't show in setting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New search box over behavior dosen't show in setting.: Hi!the new search behavior dosen't show in my setting, the one in the new updateKB5029351I don't know why it's not showing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-search-box-over-behavior-dosent-show-in/d263af76-0816-4491-8c08-02072b46946c
  3. New search box over behavior dosen't show in setting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New search box over behavior dosen't show in setting.: Hi!the new search behavior dosen't show in my setting, the one in the new updateKB5029351I don't know why it's not showing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-search-box-over-behavior-dosent-show-in/d263af76-0816-4491-8c08-02072b46946c
  4. Microphone shows up as Output

Microphone shows up as Output: I have a Windows 11 and I just got a new microphone mic only no audio, when I plugged it in it did not show up in Input this is Settings>System>Sound but only on Output, I wanted to plug the mic into the red jack on the back of the computer but there is not a red jack for mic...
  5. microphone wont show up in settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microphone wont show up in settings: so ive tried everything i could ive follow about 10guides on youtube they all failed and restazrted my pc about 9times but whenever i try and select a microphone mine wont show up my headset does but my microphone wont when i dive deeper in the settings and find my microphone...
  6. microphone wont show up in settings

microphone wont show up in settings: so ive tried everything i could ive follow about 10guides on youtube they all failed and restazrted my pc about 9times but whenever i try and select a microphone mine wont show up my headset does but my microphone wont when i dive deeper in the settings and find my microphone...
  7. Microphone Set up

in Cortana
    Microphone Set up: Hi. Can you please help how to set up my microphone? My camera and speaker both are working but when I talk, they can't hear me. Working also in messenger but not in google meet. Thanks...
  8. USB Microphone not showing up as an input in Windows settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Microphone not showing up as an input in Windows settings: So I recently purchased the JV601 Gooseneck Mic off amazon to use on my PC. When I initially plugged it in, it gave me the standard "Setting up this device" notification that normally happens when you plug something in for the first time. Seems good right? So once its done...
  9. Microphone shows as headset in setting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone shows as headset in setting: My microphone(input) shows as headset(output) cannot change this in settings, been working on for over a week. Please assist. submitted by /u/Werezombie16 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jgdo8d/microphone_shows_as_headset_in_setting/
  10. Set up microphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Set up microphones: How do i set up the built in microphone on my W10 laptop? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-up-microphones/7762ebf2-a700-4c83-8d1b-1c008dc5fd4d