Windows 10: Chrome download permissions

Discus and support Chrome download permissions in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; All other browsers work as expected. when trying to download .pdf or word files google chrome from Save as nothing happens after hitting the ok button.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by James Eric CIV, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Chrome download permissions

All other browsers work as expected. when trying to download .pdf or word files google chrome from Save as nothing happens after hitting the ok button. the only way to download these files is by changing the extention to .txt. Following the time stamp it generates a Windows Security event with the following information.

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    -<System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Security-Auditing" Guid="{}" />
    <EventID>4673</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>0</Level>
    <Task>13056</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8010000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreatedSystemTime="2020-04-24T05:44:04.347462000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>5595460</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation/>
    <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="10016" />
    <Channel>Security</Channel>
    <Computer>Computer.domain</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    -<EventData>
    <Data Name="SubjectUserSid">S-1</Data>
    <Data Name="SubjectUserName">NonAdminUser</Data>
    <Data Name="SubjectDomainName">Domain</Data>
    <Data Name="SubjectLogonId">0xABCDEFG</Data>
    <Data Name="ObjectServer">Security</Data>
    <Data Name="Service">-</Data>
    <Data Name="PrivilegeList">SeTcbPrivilege</Data>
    <Data Name="ProcessId">0x3664</Data>
    <Data Name="ProcessName">C:\Program Files x86\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

:)

James Eric CIV, Apr 24, 2020

2. Google Chrome download

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall the application and download the setup files or install directly from Internet explorer by following the steps below:

• Open Internet explorer and type ‘www.google.com’ in the address bar.
    • To will get a notification on the right side of the browser to download and install Google Chrome.
    • Click on the notification and follow the prompts to download and install the Google Chrome application.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 24, 2020
  3. Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Apr 24, 2020
  4. Chrome download permissions

Ask for Permission - Google Chrome

Hi Julian,

The issue regarding the permission when you're trying to use the different browser is because of the settings on
    Family and Safety. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you check if the account that you are using is already removed to the
    Family list. To remove your account to the Family, you may follow the steps below:

• Use the Adult account to log in using this link.
    • Click on the Family tab.
    • On the account that you want to remove, click More > Remove from family.
    • Then click Remove to confirm.

Let us know if the suggestion works for you.

Joseph Ban, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

Chrome download permissions

1. Chrome download permissions - Similar Threads - Chrome download permissions

2. DOWNLOADING CHROME

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DOWNLOADING CHROME: Why does it take a whole DAY to install Goggle Chrome after downloading the relatively small file in just a few minutes at most? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-chrome/9b721ad8-9fca-4177-84ca-26958a775889
  3. google chrome is asking for permission

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    google chrome is asking for permission: Hi, I am not able to open my google chrome browser it keeps asking for permission from adult, since I am the parent how should I unrestricted it. Thanks...
  4. Chrome not existent in microphone permissions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chrome not existent in microphone permissions: I have a microphone hooked up to my computer, and every "Allow _ to access the microphone" is enabled including unknown applications. Google Chrome does not appear in the list, and it is the only application being denied for permissions. Is there a way to force Windows to add...
  5. Parental permission for chrome not working

Parental permission for chrome not working: My son needs to use chrome for his online schooling. Microsoft has flagged chrome. I have given permission over 20 times, over the last year or so. I get the confirmation screen. Chrome a green check circle next to it, but my son still can't use it. Microsoft help is utterly...
  6. Ask for Permission for Chrome to open

Ask for Permission for Chrome to open: Hi, I keep getting this Pop up...[ATTACH] I've only just started getting it and my Parents haven't set u a family.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ask-for-permission-for-chrome-to-open/cb45a269-6dfc-48b2-9b14-7c5b2507a279
  7. Parental permission for Google Chrome

Parental permission for Google Chrome: I have a microsoft account with 2 children in my family. They need Google Chrome to access their school work. I allowed one account to download Chrome with no issues. I have allowed the other to download it as well, SEVERAL times, but when they go to open the program, it says...
  8. child still can't download google chrome app after permission given

child still can't download google chrome app after permission given: I have granted permission to allow for my child to download the google app but every time they go to try and open the app is again pops the window up to ask for permission? Am I missing a step after giving them access?...
  9. Download permissions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Download permissions: Hi, I am working on a new computer (although I had the same problem on my old computer). When I try to download new applications (or delete files) I get an error message that I need to contact my administrator. I am the only person who uses this machine and there are no other...
  10. downloading chrome

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    downloading chrome: I would VERY much like to download Chrome an Firefox and do not understand why the "S" mode is preventing everything. I have MANY things in google/Chrome and this is going to cause unfathomable problems...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. SeTcbPrivilege chrome.exe