Windows 10: Chrome & Edge Both Inaccessible

Discus and support Chrome & Edge Both Inaccessible in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Using this old Toshiba Satellite L755 laptop that was upgraded to 10 years ago and was kept current. Tonight, while in Chrome I decided to restart... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by boweasel, Oct 10, 2020.

1. boweasel Win User

Chrome & Edge Both Inaccessible

Using this old Toshiba Satellite L755 laptop that was upgraded to 10 years ago and was kept current.

Tonight, while in Chrome I decided to restart the machine. The reboot gave me one of those Microsoft screens that indicated it had probably gone to a newer version of 10. Now I really don't know what version I had been running, but what shows up now when running winver is 2004 OS Build 19041, 508.

Unfortunately, my icon for Chrome has disappeared from the taskbar. I have a few Chrome Browser icons on the desktop. None of them function. They supply no error message, but they just don't do anything. Right-clicking and left-clicking open on any of those icons likewise does nothing. Clicking in the search box brings up Recent applications, among them Google Chrome. Clicking that does nothing.

I still see Chrome.exe listed in the Application folder in the C: drive /Program Files/Google/Chrome, but of course it doesn't work. Curiously, even though I don't use or like Edge, that browser misbehaves the same as Chrome. I'm typing this post on that laptop using Internet Explorer 11.

My cellphone uses Chrome and it seems to work just fine, and even though I've never bothered to sync the cell phone with the laptop my email is current.

I'm worried that if I download / install Chrome again I'll lose the hundreds of bookmarks I regularly use.

There is a Bookmarks file in the path C:\Users\(user name)\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Profile1 but I don't know how to read it.

:)

boweasel, Oct 10, 2020

2. Edge Import Bookmarks from Chrome does not work

Hi,

To resolve your issue with Microsoft Edge, we suggest that you clear your browsing data. Please follow the steps below:

• Click on the 3 dots at the upper right corner of Edge.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Go to Clear browsing data.
    • Click on Choose what to clear > Clear.
    • Try to import your bookmarks from Chrome to Microsoft Edge.

Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, Oct 10, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Site links not working in Chrome or Edge

Hi,

Have you tried resetting your browser? If not, we suggest you to do so. To reset Edge, follow these steps:

• Go to
      Browser Settings.

• Clear
      Browser Data.

• Close the browser and launch it again.

If the issue persist, follow these other steps:

• Go to
      Task Manager.

• Click on
      MicrosoftedgeCP.exe

• End the task.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Oct 10, 2020
  4. Chrome & Edge Both Inaccessible

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

Chrome & Edge Both Inaccessible

1. Chrome & Edge Both Inaccessible - Similar Threads - Chrome Edge Both

2. Network error in both google chrome and microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network error in both google chrome and microsoft edge: I had a old alienwarew aurora pc which bought 3 years ago, recently, I noticed my google chrome and microsoft edge has low download speed compare to other application. For example, Download speed of Steam and MEGA can reach 60m/s, but chrome and edge will be limited to 2m/s,...
  3. Network error in both google chrome and microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network error in both google chrome and microsoft edge: I had a old alienwarew aurora pc which bought 3 years ago, recently, I noticed my google chrome and microsoft edge has low download speed compare to other application. For example, Download speed of Steam and MEGA can reach 60m/s, but chrome and edge will be limited to 2m/s,...
  4. Network error in both google chrome and microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Face Book games saying WebGL not available on both Edge and Chrome

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Face Book games saying WebGL not available on both Edge and Chrome: Facebook games not working on Chrome or Edge saying WebGL not supported https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/face-book-games-saying-webgl-not-available-on-both/3c4d707c-f6ce-4779-b929-b3e0c1e1af76
  6. Dropdown Menus Slow in both Chrome and Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Dropdown Menus Slow in both Chrome and Edge: In both Edge and Chrome browsers, when I click on a drop down menu, the list is unresponsive for several seconds before I can scroll down the list. After scrolling for a few seconds, the list will become unresponsive again. For example, a dropdown list of the 50 states or a...
  7. Edges of buttons to click looking weird on website both Edge and Chrome

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Edges of buttons to click looking weird on website both Edge and Chrome: Hi, I got a new HP computer with Windows 10 in S mode, which I converted out of now have Windows 10 Home. The borders of some buttons to click look weird on this computer. Please see the photos below. The bottom line of the Continue looks disrupted, almost dotted on the...
  8. yahoo mail sometime dont work both chrome and edge

in Browsers and Email
    yahoo mail sometime dont work both chrome and edge: these 3 problem happens randomly with both chrome and edge 1) when i try to login it get stuck at the login prompt and password screen dont appear 2) yahoo mail is displayed but when i try to click on inbox message or folders nothing happens 3) in compose when i click on...
  9. Browsing is Very Slow on Both Edge and Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Browsing is Very Slow on Both Edge and Chrome: So I got a new Asus E200HA. Read some very good reviews about it in amazon. While using the OS (Windows 10) everything works quite smoothly - Browsing around files, editing Office documents, even coding on VS Code. However, Web browsing, for the most part, is extremely slow....
  10. Edge or Chrome??

in Browsers and Email
    Edge or Chrome??: I just installed a clean 10. What is the consensus for browser use, Chrome or Edge? 63606