Windows 10: Chrome/Edge/Firefox all start up slowly, but internet explorer starts up instantly?

Discus and support Chrome/Edge/Firefox all start up slowly, but internet explorer starts up instantly? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Since a windows update, my chrome has suddenly been starting up very inconsistently and slowly. It used to be instant (less than a second) vs now being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AskNaz, Nov 9, 2020.

1. /u/AskNaz Win User

Chrome/Edge/Firefox all start up slowly, but internet explorer starts up instantly?

Since a windows update, my chrome has suddenly been starting up very inconsistently and slowly. It used to be instant (less than a second) vs now being anywhere from 7-15 seconds.

I did the basic troubleshooting steps and they didn’t help.

After another windows update, Chrome started launching instantly again 3 times... But then the issue reoccurred on the 4th. I’m stumped.

I tested Firefox and Edge (fresh installs) and they have the same odd startup issue. The only browser that is working perfectly is, ironically, internet explorer.

What could this possibly be?

This isn’t hardware related. I have a high end PC, ran benchmarks, tested other apps & they all work as they should quickly and responsively.

submitted by /u/AskNaz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AskNaz, Nov 9, 2020
  2. Naito Win User

Explorer, Chrome or Firefox ?

Not that IE is my main browser (Firefox is), but Adblock Plus is available for IE now. Alternatively you can use custom Tracking Protection lists to perform a similar function. Personally, I find IE very good, but Firefox is slightly better for my use (also it's a habit). In my own personal testing, Chrome used twice memory of Firefox with exactly the same tabs open (due to the way it manages processes). Some people have experienced many issues with Firefox, but I rarely ever do.

Naito, Nov 9, 2020
  3. TheHunter Win User

IE11 has adblock easy list too.

ie http://www.iegallery.com/en-us/trackingprotectionlists

Altohugh my no1 is still FF, the only thing that kinda sucks is it doesnt have full 1080p 60fps support @html5 (max 720p), IE11 plays that fine np.

TheHunter, Nov 9, 2020
  4. Tenforo Active Member

Chrome/Edge/Firefox all start up slowly, but internet explorer starts up instantly?

There is an adblocker for Explorer as well. http://simple-adblock.com/

I just went back to Explorer. Firefox always crashed for me when using flash and with Chrome you are always waiting for the stupid cache.

Tenforo, Nov 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Chrome/Edge/Firefox all start up slowly, but internet explorer starts up instantly? - Similar Threads - Chrome Edge Firefox

2. All Browsers instantly crash on start up.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All Browsers instantly crash on start up.: Yesterday when i started my computer i tried opening brave which is my main browser and it would show a flash of the browser then instantly crash. Ive tried uninstalling it, updating windows, updating my drivers, and i also downloaded fire fox and chrome to see if they would...
  3. All Browsers instantly crash on start up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Browsers instantly crash on start up.: Yesterday when i started my computer i tried opening brave which is my main browser and it would show a flash of the browser then instantly crash. Ive tried uninstalling it, updating windows, updating my drivers, and i also downloaded fire fox and chrome to see if they would...
  4. All Browsers instantly crash on start up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Chrome starts slowly

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome starts slowly: Hello, Recently my Google Chrome browser has begun taking a few seconds to start up. I believe the problem started with a recent Windows Update. I think it was the following update, but I am not sure: KB5003173. Before the update Chrome took maybe 2 seconds to start the first...
  6. Camera starting up slowly

Camera starting up slowly: my camera app in windows 10 takes some time to start up even when being using in Microsoft's apps such as skype. when it is used in applications like zoom , many times it shows a black screen while other times , it causes the application to not respond i.e. : zoom stops...
  7. camera starting up slowly

camera starting up slowly: my camera app in windows 10 takes some time to start up even when being using in Microsoft's apps such as skype. when it is used in applications like zoom , many times it shows a black screen while other times , it causes the application to not respond i.e. : zoom stops...
  8. Firefox and chrome close on start-up.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Firefox and chrome close on start-up.: Hi, on my PC which has run fine for years, chrome has started refusing to work. A quick shit flash where the tab would be appears for less than a second, but disappears after. Chrome has no crash reports so I tried on Firefox. Exactly the same. Does anyone have any clue what...
  9. Computer starts up slowly and then freezes up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer starts up slowly and then freezes up: My computer is slow starting up and about 30 minutes later it freezes up and I have to turn it off and try to look for the problem. I've looked on HP support assistant and can't find the problem. I recently received the free McAfee antivirus but I didn't want because it was...
  10. Google chrome and firefox starting up with a virus website (fanli90)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Google chrome and firefox starting up with a virus website (fanli90): Hi, I am running windows 10 on the latest update, recently i downloaded a programme that turned out to be a virus and after getting rid of the virus, being a trojan running a UC Browser some stuff are still left, i used windows defender and Avast pro antivirus. The...