Windows 10: Chrome & Edge Tab Crashing (Memory Issues)

Discus and support Chrome & Edge Tab Crashing (Memory Issues) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am regular user of Chrome although I also use Edge too For months, I was seeing Chrome tabs crash, and I did not even have as much as a half dozen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mavigozler, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Chrome & Edge Tab Crashing (Memory Issues)

I am regular user of Chrome although I also use Edge too

For months, I was seeing Chrome tabs crash, and I did not even have as much as a half dozen open. Edge tabs would also crash when I occasionally used that browser.

I thought it was related to a dying HDD, so I replaced storage with a SSD (first time for this storage type for nearly 8-year old laptop)

And I am still seeing the crashing of Chrome tabs

Here's what's been done
    • Chrome troubleshooting suggested pulling out extensions, not that I had very many anyway. The only extensions I have in now are Google's own: Application Launcher for Google Drive, Web Developer, and LastPass password manager. And extensions would not be an issue causing the tab crashes in Edge either.
    • windows memory diagnostic: no errors results in Event Viewer
    • sfc /scannow : no integrity violations found
    • drivers: video adapter was the only recently needed update, which corrected major problems when SSD installed; all other drivers current
    • Often, closing the browser and restarting it makes it work for a while, and then the symptoms appear again (memory leaking? no, couldn't be: we don't live in the mid-1990s using Windows 9x)

Another thing I have noticed: windows of all kinds, but sometimes just the tabs on the browser, can be unresponsive to mouse cursor clicking to bring window in focus. When I open the Task Manager, the ability of the mouse cursor to activate/focus windows/tabs is completely restored. I haven't figured that out yet, and it might be related to the browser memory issues.

It is an 8-year old laptop, but I have no indication that hardware is failing in any respect but the usual end of life on HDDs I have used in past.

Win 10-1909 (build 18363.657)

:)

mavigozler, Feb 16, 2020

2. New tab Microsoft Edge crash Fix

I got the new tab to open. The last step on this website: How To Fix Microsoft Edge Crashing Issues - Teradatariver did it for me. I think it would be better to have edge to have it's own settings rather than use Internet Explorer settings. I did a restore advanced settings and it worked.

GamerwGlasses, Feb 16, 2020
  3. Edge Import Bookmarks from Chrome does not work

Hi,

To resolve your issue with Microsoft Edge, we suggest that you clear your browsing data. Please follow the steps below:

• Click on the 3 dots at the upper right corner of Edge.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Go to Clear browsing data.
    • Click on Choose what to clear > Clear.
    • Try to import your bookmarks from Chrome to Microsoft Edge.

Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, Feb 16, 2020
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Chrome & Edge Tab Crashing (Memory Issues)

Site links not working in Chrome or Edge

Hi,

Have you tried resetting your browser? If not, we suggest you to do so. To reset Edge, follow these steps:

• Go to
      Browser Settings.

• Clear
      Browser Data.

• Close the browser and launch it again.

If the issue persist, follow these other steps:

• Go to
      Task Manager.

• Click on
      MicrosoftedgeCP.exe

• End the task.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Feb 16, 2020
Thema:

Chrome & Edge Tab Crashing (Memory Issues)

1. Chrome & Edge Tab Crashing (Memory Issues) - Similar Threads - Chrome Edge Tab

2. Chrome tabs crash regularly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Chrome tabs crash regularly: Hello,I have a fresh Windows 10 installment from yesterday and I had the same issue with my last installment Win 11.The problem is that Chrome tabs crash regularly and in the event viewer I only get the following shown:"The application-specific permission settings do not...
  3. Chrome tabs crash regularly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome tabs crash regularly: Hello,I have a fresh Windows 10 installment from yesterday and I had the same issue with my last installment Win 11.The problem is that Chrome tabs crash regularly and in the event viewer I only get the following shown:"The application-specific permission settings do not...
  4. Chrome tabs crash regularly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Chrome browser is not memorizing individual tab memories

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome browser is not memorizing individual tab memories: My windows 11 laptop has chrome installed and so its tabs are unable to hold back previous data being generated from activity. such as an individual tab has cartoon network game data which is now lost completely when I clicked on that tab. although other tabs have opened...
  6. Chrome browser is not memorizing individual tab memories

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome browser is not memorizing individual tab memories: My windows 11 laptop has chrome installed and so its tabs are unable to hold back previous data being generated from activity. such as an individual tab has cartoon network game data which is now lost completely when I clicked on that tab. although other tabs have opened...
  7. Chrome and edge crashing frequently

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Chrome and edge crashing frequently: Everything was working fine yesterday, I always use chrome but today when I opened Discord and tried to change the channel the page froze and then chrome closed without any warning the same happens in reddit as it also freezes after being in the page for a moment, I havent...
  8. Chrome's Broken New Tab Page on Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Chrome's Broken New Tab Page on Edge: [ATTACH] This is so weird. You can even you Google Voice Search and the design scheme is Google's. I guess this is Microsoft and this is to be expected. Chrome's Broken New Tab Page Edge New Tab Page submitted by /u/m_beps [link] [comments]...
  9. Chrome & Edge Tab Crashing (Memory Issues)

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome & Edge Tab Crashing (Memory Issues): I am regular user of Chrome although I also use Edge too For months, I was seeing Chrome tabs crash, and I did not even have as much as a half dozen open. Edge tabs would also crash when I occasionally used that browser. I thought it was related to a dying HDD, so I...
  10. Chrome & Edge Tab Crashing Memory Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Chrome & Edge Tab Crashing Memory Issues: [this post made in another forum but went completely without response] I am regular user of Chrome although I also use Edge too For months, I was seeing Chrome tabs crash, and I did not even have as much as a half dozen open. Edge tabs would also crash when I occasionally...