Windows 10: Chrome - Explorer Resolution is Poor

Discus and support Chrome - Explorer Resolution is Poor in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm using the latest version of Chrome on my desktop PC on W10 v1909 at resolution 2560x1440. This displays fine in normal Chrome browsing. However,... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Steve C, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Steve C Win User

Chrome - Explorer Resolution is Poor

I'm using the latest version of Chrome on my desktop PC on W10 v1909 at resolution 2560x1440.

This displays fine in normal Chrome browsing. However, when I left click a displayed pdf file to save it, the Explorer window displayed is fuzzy. The normal Windows 10 Explorer window is fine.

I fixed the issue by using the compatibility option shown below:

Chrome - Explorer Resolution is Poor [​IMG]

Any idea what causes this and why it started hapening?

:)

Steve C, Feb 9, 2020
  2. TheHunter Win User

Explorer, Chrome or Firefox ?

IE11 has adblock easy list too.

ie http://www.iegallery.com/en-us/trackingprotectionlists

Altohugh my no1 is still FF, the only thing that kinda sucks is it doesnt have full 1080p 60fps support @html5 (max 720p), IE11 plays that fine np.

TheHunter, Feb 9, 2020
  3. Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Feb 9, 2020
  4. HossHuge Win User

Explorer, Chrome or Firefox ?

There is an adblocker for Explorer as well. http://simple-adblock.com/

I just went back to Explorer. Firefox always crashed for me when using flash and with Chrome you are always waiting for the stupid cache.

HossHuge, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Chrome - Explorer Resolution is Poor - Similar Threads - Chrome Explorer Resolution

2. Why does chrome have such a bad resolution?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does chrome have such a bad resolution?: Hey, when I launched chrome today I have witnessed that it has a very bad solution, apparently it is 720p because when I go, for example, to Edge or in any other applications it looks "normal". I even changed the high DPI settings in the compatibility setup of chrome and...
  3. Why does chrome have such a bad resolution?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does chrome have such a bad resolution?: Hey, when I launched chrome today I have witnessed that it has a very bad solution, apparently it is 720p because when I go, for example, to Edge or in any other applications it looks "normal". I even changed the high DPI settings in the compatibility setup of chrome and...
  4. Why does chrome have such a bad resolution?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Surface Pro 7, Dual Monitors with Dock, Blanking Screen, Poor Resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 7, Dual Monitors with Dock, Blanking Screen, Poor Resolution: I use a Microsoft Surface Pro 7, with the Microsoft Dock and Two Dell Monitors. The system has been working reliably since installation - about two years previously used with a MSP4. Recently, my Dell monitors have been flickering, and occasionally going blurry see image...
  6. poor screen capture in Chrome and Edge (Chromium based)

in Browsers and Email
    poor screen capture in Chrome and Edge (Chromium based): I recently switched to the Chromium based version of Edge. Screen captures using the snipping tool, and the full-screen grab (windows key + print screen) both look bad. Pastels go to white, etc. The same thing happens in Chrome. It does not happen in Internet Explorer 11,...
  7. RESOLUTION IS POOR

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RESOLUTION IS POOR: JUST UPDATED MY DELL PC BUT THE RESOLUTION IS POOR ALTHOUGH I ADJUSTED IT ALREADY. WHAT SHOULD I DO ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resolution-is-poor/aedc5701-d791-44f8-bc51-cd3af3825ddc
  8. Poor text resolution after downgrade to integrated GPU

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Poor text resolution after downgrade to integrated GPU: One afternoon my PC Seemed to be running but the monitor was black (Power light for monitor was on).*Eek Figuring (rather hoping) my installed GPU had failed... I removed it. Then swapped out my DVI cord for the older VGA. Luckily my monitor can use one or the other....
  9. Remote Desktop Connection - poor resolution

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop Connection - poor resolution: When I connect from my laptop to my desktop via Remote Desktop Connection client, the resolution becomes poor - the text is not smooth (the colors look OK). I went to Remote Desktop Connection/Options/Display, colors are set to Highest Quality, all seems to be set...
  10. Windows Explorer Poor Performance: multiple issues with drives

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer Poor Performance: multiple issues with drives: Recently after some changes to my PC windows explorer has become very slow at performing specific tasks: 1. Trying to view the properties of folders takes anywhere from 5-8 seconds when it used to take less than one. 2. When I open folders that have lots of images in...