Windows 10: Chrome extensions managed by organization <== cannot remove this

Discus and support Chrome extensions managed by organization <== cannot remove this in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; My system is Win10/64 Home Build 18363.535 running the current version of Chrome. Chrome is telling me that my extensions are managed by my... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by bbinnard, Jan 12, 2020 at 5:22 AM.

1. bbinnard Win User

Chrome extensions managed by organization <== cannot remove this

My system is Win10/64 Home Build 18363.535 running the current version of Chrome. Chrome is telling me that my extensions are managed by my organization. But I am the single admin user on a personal PC and have no organization.

None of the things I've tried by searching for solutions to this have worked:

1, Delete & reinstall Chrome (twice)
    2. Reset Chrome settings
    3. Run delete_chrome_policies.bat
    4. Run Chrome's cleanup tool (because it is not installed on my system)
    5. Delete all contents of ...AppData\Birk\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data & reinstall Chrome
    6. Run MBAM

Google searches show a number of people who have had this problem over the past few months, but none of the posted solutions, including ones from Google, have worked or done anything that I can detect.

What should I do to try to fix this?

:)

2. dalchina Win User

Thank you for your reply.

If registry settings are responsible your steps 1-6 may well not have removed them.

Do you have Home or Pro?

What does this show?
    Confirm you've looked at both of these:
    Extensions
    Your post concerns this so perhaps you can identify the entension(s) you can't remove:
    How to remove a managed Google Chrome extension?

Basically you'll need to investigate and post what evidence you have. Bear in mind that whilst some may use Chrome here, your issue is with the browser rather than the O/S

3. dalchina Win User
  4. bbinnard Win User

My system is Win10/64 Home Build 18363.535 running the current version of Chrome. Chrome is telling me that my extensions are managed by my organization. But I am the single admin user on a personal PC and have no organization.

None of the things I've tried by searching for solutions to this have worked:

1, Delete & reinstall Chrome (twice)
    2. Reset Chrome settings
    3. Run delete_chrome_policies.bat
    4. Run Chrome's cleanup tool (because it is not installed on my system)
    5. Delete all contents of ...AppData\Birk\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data & reinstall Chrome
    6. Run MBAM

Google searches show a number of people who have had this problem over the past few months, but none of the posted solutions, including ones from Google, have worked or done anything that I can detect.

What should I do to try to fix this?

Thema:

1. Chrome extensions managed by organization <== cannot remove this - Similar Threads - Chrome extensions managed

2. managed by your organization

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    managed by your organization: When setting up my computer, I made myself as the Administrator. Now I find the message "managed by your organization." Please tell me how to remove this and return myself as the administrator? I have seen things about using gpedit.msc but I have windows 10 Home edition....
  3. managed by your organization

in Windows 10 Customization
    managed by your organization: What does the term "managed by your organization" means? It keeps appearing on my Microsoft laptop although I am not a apart of any organization!1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/managed-by-your-organization/1ea3e061-7df8-42d4-b21e-4855af851880
  4. chrome extensions

in Browsers and Email
    chrome extensions: Anybody know why Google has pulled the Ghostery extension from it's web store? Even the actual website, when trying to install it you get error 404. Same thing from when trying to get it from MajorGeeks site. 141805
  5. Remove and extension

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remove and extension: I want to remove an extension from my computer. I use the Chrome browser but the extension has decide it is my default online searcher. How do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-and-extension/7b64b024-d3b7-4048-9ab9-79acfe316073
  6. Cannot be removed - Some settings are managed by your organization

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot be removed - Some settings are managed by your organization: Hi, In Windows update, my Download button is disabled and, I have the 'Some settings are managed by your organization' notification. There are hundreds of posts all of the internet how to fix it but, my problem is, nothing works. As per posts on the net, I've tried editing...
  7. Cannot be removed - Some settings are managed by your organization

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot be removed - Some settings are managed by your organization: Hi, In Windows update, my Download button is disabled and, I have the 'Some settings are managed by your organization' notification. There are hundreds of posts all of the internet how to fix it but, my problem is, nothing works. As per posts on the net, I've tried editing...
  8. Suspect Chrome Extensions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Suspect Chrome Extensions: Malicious Chrome Extensions... https://documents.trendmicro.com/ass...-droidclub.pdf 103743
  9. Settings Managed By Organization

Settings Managed By Organization: Hello. I have a weird issue. I cannot stop insider builds, change which track I am on, or change feedback settings. Being unable to change feedback settings is preventing me from getting the latest insider builds. At the top of the relevant pages, it says "Some settings...
  10. Remove in WinUpdate "Some settings are managed by your organization"

Remove in WinUpdate "Some settings are managed by your organization": Changed the group policy in Windows Update from Automatic downloads to notify back to automatic and I get a message with red text on the advanced settings screen of windows update that "Some settings are managed by your organization' how can i remove that red text its...