Windows 10: Chrome extensions managed by organization <== cannot remove this

Discus and support Chrome extensions managed by organization <== cannot remove this in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; My system is Win10/64 Home Build 18363.535 running the current version of Chrome. Chrome is telling me that my extensions are managed by my... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by bbinnard, Jan 12, 2020.

1. bbinnard Win User

Chrome extensions managed by organization <== cannot remove this

My system is Win10/64 Home Build 18363.535 running the current version of Chrome. Chrome is telling me that my extensions are managed by my organization. But I am the single admin user on a personal PC and have no organization.

None of the things I've tried by searching for solutions to this have worked:

1, Delete & reinstall Chrome (twice)
    2. Reset Chrome settings
    3. Run delete_chrome_policies.bat
    4. Run Chrome's cleanup tool (because it is not installed on my system)
    5. Delete all contents of ...AppData\Birk\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data & reinstall Chrome
    6. Run MBAM

Google searches show a number of people who have had this problem over the past few months, but none of the posted solutions, including ones from Google, have worked or done anything that I can detect.

What should I do to try to fix this?

:)

bbinnard, Jan 12, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Thank you for your reply.

If registry settings are responsible your steps 1-6 may well not have removed them.

Do you have Home or Pro?

What does this show?
    Confirm you've looked at both of these:
    Extensions
    Your post concerns this so perhaps you can identify the entension(s) you can't remove:
    How to remove a managed Google Chrome extension?

Basically you'll need to investigate and post what evidence you have. Bear in mind that whilst some may use Chrome here, your issue is with the browser rather than the O/S

dalchina, Jan 12, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Jan 12, 2020
  4. bbinnard Win User

My system is Win10/64 Home Build 18363.535 running the current version of Chrome. Chrome is telling me that my extensions are managed by my organization. But I am the single admin user on a personal PC and have no organization.

None of the things I've tried by searching for solutions to this have worked:

1, Delete & reinstall Chrome (twice)
    2. Reset Chrome settings
    3. Run delete_chrome_policies.bat
    4. Run Chrome's cleanup tool (because it is not installed on my system)
    5. Delete all contents of ...AppData\Birk\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data & reinstall Chrome
    6. Run MBAM

Google searches show a number of people who have had this problem over the past few months, but none of the posted solutions, including ones from Google, have worked or done anything that I can detect.

What should I do to try to fix this?

bbinnard, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Chrome extensions managed by organization <== cannot remove this - Similar Threads - Chrome extensions managed

2. Remove "Windows managed by your organization".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove "Windows managed by your organization".: Hello everyone! I have an issue with my personal PC Acer nitro 5, when I bought the pc a year or two back it was running Win10, I have used the given product key from the shop I bought the PC from, after that I downloaded Office 365 or it was already downloaded I don't...
  3. Remove "Windows managed by your organization".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove "Windows managed by your organization".: Hello everyone! I have an issue with my personal PC Acer nitro 5, when I bought the pc a year or two back it was running Win10, I have used the given product key from the shop I bought the PC from, after that I downloaded Office 365 or it was already downloaded I don't...
  4. Chrome Extension Keeps Appearing Even After Removal

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Chrome Extension Keeps Appearing Even After Removal: There is an extension "uExtText" that keeps appearing even if I remove it from Chrome.It shows the location C:\ProgramData\Cxleftb\Uvntiq\3AD7C765 which were hidden folders.I removed the extension and the folder in ProgramData, but after a while the extension and the folders...
  5. Cannot remove "Some Settings are Managed By Your Organization" message on my administrator...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot remove "Some Settings are Managed By Your Organization" message on my administrator...: Hello, I cannot remove "Some Settings are Managed By Your Organization" message on my personal computer. I first noticed the problem through my Chrome browser. It said "managed by your organization" on the option's menu: [ATTACH] I thought it was a virus on Chrome, I...
  6. Burst search extension cannot be removed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Burst search extension cannot be removed: Soory if this isnt the appropriate place to post this, but i saw that I had an extension called "burst search". I cannot remove this. I assume it is some type of malware, is there a fix? submitted by /u/Beanger11 [link] [comments]...
  7. Cannot remove "Some Settings are Managed By Your Organization" message on administrator account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot remove "Some Settings are Managed By Your Organization" message on administrator account: I have been having a problem with Windows Update: Whenever I open the Update & Security page in Settings, the "Some Settings are Managed By Your Organization" message appears at the top, and my PC will occasionally reboot itself without warning to install updates, causing me...
  8. chrome extensions

in Browsers and Email
    chrome extensions: Anybody know why Google has pulled the Ghostery extension from it's web store? Even the actual website, when trying to install it you get error 404. Same thing from when trying to get it from MajorGeeks site. 141805
  9. Cannot be removed - Some settings are managed by your organization

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot be removed - Some settings are managed by your organization: Hi, In Windows update, my Download button is disabled and, I have the 'Some settings are managed by your organization' notification. There are hundreds of posts all of the internet how to fix it but, my problem is, nothing works. As per posts on the net, I've tried editing...
  10. Cannot be removed - Some settings are managed by your organization

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot be removed - Some settings are managed by your organization: Hi, In Windows update, my Download button is disabled and, I have the 'Some settings are managed by your organization' notification. There are hundreds of posts all of the internet how to fix it but, my problem is, nothing works. As per posts on the net, I've tried editing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to remove managed by organization chrome