Windows 10: chrome extensions

Discus and support chrome extensions in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Anybody know why Google has pulled the Ghostery extension from it's web store? Even the actual website, when trying to install it you get error 404.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Plankton, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Plankton Win User

chrome extensions

Anybody know why Google has pulled the Ghostery extension from it's web store? Even the actual website, when trying to install it you get error 404. Same thing from when trying to get it from MajorGeeks site.

:)

Plankton, Oct 3, 2019
  2. TairikuOkami, Oct 3, 2019
  3. Suspect Chrome Extensions

Considering the amount of available Chrome extensions, that isn't a long list.

Masterchiefxx17, Oct 3, 2019
  4. chrome extensions

Internet Download Manager extension is flagged in Google Chrome.

Hi Frank,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We can imagine how difficult it could be and we truly appreciate the time and effort that you have taken to research and work on this issue. However, we would suggest you to follow steps mentioned below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Google Chrome icon (shortcut icon) and choose
      Properties.
    2. Go to Shortcut tab.
    3. Copy and paste the following parameter in the text box across the
      Target field.

-enable-easy-off-store-extension-install

Please refer picture below.

chrome extensions d43abd23-452a-4c3b-bdff-a225e56facea?upload=true.png

4. Then try adding the extension and check if it resolves the issue.

If the issue still persists, we would suggest you post your query in

Google Chrome support Forums
    for better assistance.

Regards,

Manjunath_H, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

chrome extensions

1. chrome extensions - Similar Threads - chrome extensions

2. Google removes two Chrome ad blocker extensions caught cookie stuffing

in Windows 10 News
    Google removes two Chrome ad blocker extensions caught cookie stuffing: [ATTACH] Google has removed today two extensions from the Chrome Web Store. The two extensions were fully functional ad blockers, but they tried to deceive users by using the names of other more reputable ad blocker extensions. But besides using misleading names to hijack...
  3. Google Mail Checker extension for Chrome: Why is it always grayed out?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Mail Checker extension for Chrome: Why is it always grayed out?: Hi all. I've been using this extension for quite a while, and so many times it is grayed out with a "?" where the number of new emails should be. Does anyone know why it does this, or how often it checks for mail? It's very inefficient to have to manually go to the Gmail...
  4. Chrome 76 hides extensions

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome 76 hides extensions: When I had Chorme 75 (64-bit) I could see all the extensions icons I set to see after the address field. ▼ [img] I updated to 76.0.3809.87 (64-bit) a few days ago and since then I can't see them. Now the only thing I see there is the Extensions button. ▼ [img] When I...
  5. New Google Chrome Suspicious Site Reporter extension

in Windows 10 News
    New Google Chrome Suspicious Site Reporter extension: Chrome was built with security in mind from the very beginning. Today we're launching two new features to help protect users from deceptive websites. The Suspicious Site Reporter Extension will improve security for Chrome users by giving power users an easy way to report...
  6. Google Improving Security and Privacy for Extensions in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    Google Improving Security and Privacy for Extensions in Google Chrome: No, Chrome isn’t killing ad blockers -- we’re making them safer Posted by Devlin Cronin, Chrome Extensions Team The Chrome Extensions ecosystem has seen incredible advancement, adoption, and growth since its launch over ten years ago. Extensions are a great way for users to...
  7. Chrome for Windows gets experimental tab hover cards, new extensions menu

in Windows 10 News
    Chrome for Windows gets experimental tab hover cards, new extensions menu: Google recently started testing a Microsoft Edge-like tab hover cards feature for Chrome and the feature was added to Chrome Canary in February. After testing the feature with Canary users, Google has added two new flags to Chrome 75 to enable new tab previewing experience....
  8. New policies for Google Chrome extensions and Google Drive API

in Windows 10 News
    New policies for Google Chrome extensions and Google Drive API: Third-party apps and websites create services that millions of people use to get things done and customize their online experience. To make this ecosystem successful, people need to be confident their data is secure, and developers need clear rules of the road. That’s why...
  9. Windows Defender Application Guard extensions for Chrome and Firefox

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Defender Application Guard extensions for Chrome and Firefox: The hardware-based isolation technology on Windows 10 that allows Microsoft Edge to isolate browser-based attacks is now available as a browser extension for Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. We introduced the container technology in 2017. Since then, we have been evolving...
  10. Best Chrome Extension for Improved Security?

in Browsers and Email
    Best Chrome Extension for Improved Security?: Which Chrome extensions do people recommend to enhance security when using the Chrome browser? I've been using Ad Block and Windows Defender Browser protection but there may be better options. 130779