Windows 10: Chrome & Firefox cannot run in my Windows 10 Pro 64bit when they are set as default Browser

Discus and support Chrome & Firefox cannot run in my Windows 10 Pro 64bit when they are set as default Browser in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After a fresh windows 10 pro installation and before installing any other apps I installed both Chrome and Firefox. My next step was to set chrome as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ΒίκτωρΤσορακίδης, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Chrome & Firefox cannot run in my Windows 10 Pro 64bit when they are set as default Browser

After a fresh windows 10 pro installation and before installing any other apps I installed both Chrome and Firefox. My next step was to set chrome as default browser and restarted my system to apply windows updates also.
    After the restart was completed I noticed that Chrome couldn't start. I spend too many hours tried to figure out why when I finally changed the default browser and instead of chrome I used Firefox. And there was the same exactly issue occurred now with firefox. Firefox couldn't run after I restarted my system. When I logon in my system I get popups that firefox is running in the background and needs to be closed, again and again...

Is there any solution?

:)

ΒίκτωρΤσορακίδης, Nov 9, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Setting Chrome as my default browser - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue.

• Go to Start > Settings > System.
    • Choose Default apps, then scroll down to
      Web browser.
    • Tap or click the browser that’s currently listed as your default, then choose Chrome from the list of apps

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Nov 9, 2019
  3. How do I make Firefox my default browser on a Windows 10 laptop

Step 5 is incorrect; when I go to choose an app, the only choices are Edge, IE, or Chrome; Firefox is not listed.

BruceEmory, Nov 9, 2019
  4. John Boal Win User

Chrome & Firefox cannot run in my Windows 10 Pro 64bit when they are set as default Browser

Can't set Chrome as default browser in Windows 10

start chrome

chrome reports it is not the default browser, "click here to make default"

click button, windows settings form (from control panel) opens

browser default is EMPTY

click + and choose chrome (or firefox, same behavior)

close settings form

Actual:

NO CHANGE IN DEFAULT BROWSER.

Expected:

CHROME BECOMES DEFAULT BROWSER

am administrator, even tried running chrome as admin, no change.

PLEASE FIX THIS BUG.

John Boal, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

Chrome & Firefox cannot run in my Windows 10 Pro 64bit when they are set as default Browser

1. Chrome & Firefox cannot run in my Windows 10 Pro 64bit when they are set as default Browser - Similar Threads - Chrome Firefox cannot

2. How to set Firefox as the default browser?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to set Firefox as the default browser?: I noticed Firefox is no longer listed as a choice for my default browser. I'm old school. I know. [ATTACH] Anyone know of a workaround? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-firefox-as-the-default-browser/f073b2eb-2699-49a4-90a8-ccf381b41cb0
  3. set chrome as default browser

set chrome as default browser: how to set chrome as default browser https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-chrome-as-default-browser/620d5e83-ab61-4586-93dc-eb5244b96387
  4. set CHROME as my default browser

set CHROME as my default browser: Since, CHROME is not in the MicroSoft "App Store" how do you set CHROME as my default browser? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-chrome-as-my-default-browser/f21285f8-fc6b-4e5f-97ef-380d306de7b5
  5. set firefox as default browser in windows 10

set firefox as default browser in windows 10: I have firefox installed and use it as my browser. I want to set it as my default browser in Windows 10 but it does not appear as an option in the browser selection box. How do I get it into the browser selection box?...
  6. Cannot get Firefox as my default browser

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot get Firefox as my default browser: I am trying to set Firefox as my default browser. When I click on default apps in settings, nothing happens. When I click on make Firefox my default browser when starting Firefox, settings opens, but that's all it does. I can access settings through start, but like I said,...
  7. setting chrome as default browser in registry

in Browsers and Email
    setting chrome as default browser in registry: I have nothing against Internet Explorer but at work I need to be using google chrome because of it extensions. thing is, my workplace has a group policy on all office computer so that every time a computer is restarted - Internet Explorer is set to be the default browser....
  8. Cannot make Firefox my default browser in Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot make Firefox my default browser in Windows 10: I would not normally come whining and crying to you folks but I am not able to solve this one myself. This is a new install of Windows 10- done yesterday and Firefox was installed today. Using Firefox or Default apps in Windows 10, I cannot make Firefox the default...
  9. Can Not Set Firefox as Default Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Can Not Set Firefox as Default Browser: I've been able to set Firefox as my default browser before, but recently after reinstalling FireFox, Wi10 is simply not allowing me to set a default browser at all (other than default - Edge). wMeEdfGBsTk 51099
  10. Cannot make Chrome as default browser

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot make Chrome as default browser: I have tried all the suggested methods of setting Chrome as a default browser. When open Chrome, I go through of downloading Chrome and agreeing to terms etc etc and it does not work. The next time I log in with Chrome it asks me to make it a default again. When I go through...