Windows 10: Chrome, Firefox, Edge - intermittently superslow w unresponsive pages

Discus and support Chrome, Firefox, Edge - intermittently superslow w unresponsive pages in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have a Dell Latitude E6410, Windows 10 Pro, version 1903 (OS Build 18362.959), i7 processor, 8GB RAM. Whether I use Chrome, Firefox or Edge, they are... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by rmyoungesq, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Chrome, Firefox, Edge - intermittently superslow w unresponsive pages

I have a Dell Latitude E6410, Windows 10 Pro, version 1903 (OS Build 18362.959), i7 processor, 8GB RAM. Whether I use Chrome, Firefox or Edge, they are intermittently insanely slow, pages won't load, gmail says something is wrong. I have uninstalled & reinstalled, cleared the cache etc., have only 1 tab open, have only 1 extension (Lastpass), used CCleaner, used iolo System Mechanic including the NetBoost tool, and probably other things I'm not currently remembering. Same problems whether wired or wireless connection. My husband's laptop, running on our same home network, has no problems. Sometimes speed is perfectly fine, other times (minutes later) a page will hold up indefinitely. I've ordered a new computer, but til it arrives in a week, I'm still trying to figure out something to make this one useable. It was having some issues last week and seems to be worse since I installed the updated Edge (which I did to avoid the KB4559309 Windows update which rendered my other computer, also a Dell Latitude E6410, totally useless). I would be SO grateful for any suggestions.

:)

rmyoungesq, Jul 23, 2020

2. Chrome, Firefox, Edge - intermittently superslow w unresponsive pages

I have a Dell Latitude E6410, Windows 10 Pro, version 1903 (OS Build 18362.959), i7 processor, 8GB RAM. Whether I use Chrome, Firefox or Edge, they are intermittently insanely slow, pages won't load, gmail says something is wrong. I have uninstalled & reinstalled, cleared the cache etc., have only 1 tab open, have only 1 extension (Lastpass), used CCleaner, used iolo System Mechanic including the NetBoost tool, and probably other things I'm not currently remembering. Same problems whether wired or wireless connection. My husband's laptop, running on our same home network, has no problems. Sometimes speed is perfectly fine, other times (minutes later) a page will hold up indefinitely. I've ordered a new computer, but til it arrives in a week, I'm still trying to figure out something to make this one useable. It was having some issues last week and seems to be worse since I installed the updated Edge (which I did to avoid the KB4559309 Windows update which rendered my other computer, also a Dell Latitude E6410, totally useless). I would be SO grateful for any suggestions.

rmyoungesq, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Windows 10 web browser pages unresponsive

Unfortunately, I cannot use Microsoft edge on any of my computers. None of the fixes suggested by the Microsoft technicians do anything. I cannot load any pages with out getting the 'page has become unresponsive' message. It is a shame because I like
    Edge more than other browsers like chrome and Firefox.

edwardchildsBR, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Chrome, Firefox, Edge - intermittently superslow w unresponsive pages

Critical ERRORS : other pages will work ; ie : Firefox - Chrome will open Edge will NOT open

other pages will work ie : Firefox - Chrome will open Edge will NOT open

maryacats20, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Chrome, Firefox, Edge - intermittently superslow w unresponsive pages

1. Chrome, Firefox, Edge - intermittently superslow w unresponsive pages - Similar Threads - Chrome Firefox Edge

2. Chrome and Firefox browsers close, Edge unaffected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome and Firefox browsers close, Edge unaffected: Directly following Microsoft Defender Antivirus cloud protection's gathering of additional security intelligence, both Firefox and Chrome browsers close.This happens multiple times a day, and is a recurring issue that has been going on for months.Edge is unaffected, and "just...
  3. FTP not working in Chrome, Firefox or Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    FTP not working in Chrome, Firefox or Edge browser: [ATTACH]If FTP is not working in your Chrome, Firefox or Edge browser on Windows PC, and you are looking for resolution, then you have come to the right place. We decided to write this post since we received emails asking us why FTP was not working in their browser. You...
  4. Images not loading in Chrome, Firefox, and Edge [Fixed]

in Windows 10 News
    Images not loading in Chrome, Firefox, and Edge [Fixed]: [ATTACH]If images are not loading in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Microsoft Edge browser on your computer, here is how you can get rid of the problem. Several reasons can cause this issue, and this article explains almost all the possible solutions so that you can get...
  5. Browsers hanging/freezing : edge , chrome .firefox

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Browsers hanging/freezing : edge , chrome .firefox: On my pc browsers keep on freezing again and again , I have cleared all the cache and removed all the data from browsers by resetting them . when browsers freeze other applications on pc work fine...
  6. Sound works in Firefox but not Chrome, Brave, Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound works in Firefox but not Chrome, Brave, Edge: I am running Update 20H2 19042.867. After the update I think the sound stop working. I don't know why it works in Firefox. I even went to sound settings and those other 3 browers don't even pop up. Tried restarting computer. Anyone have any suggestions? submitted by...
  7. Edge, Firefox or Chrome...which is best.

in Browsers and Email
    Edge, Firefox or Chrome...which is best.: I'm having issues with both Firefox and MS Edge and I'm wondering if Chrome would be a better choice and if so would I be able to import my FF Favorites to Chrome? Thanks in advance for your help. 83073
  8. Links work in Edge, but not in Chrome or Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Links work in Edge, but not in Chrome or Firefox: I sometimes get this sort of error in firefox and chrome Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at www.goodsync.com. The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments ... blah blah blah blah blah But when I open the...
  9. Problem with Firefox/Facebook script - page unresponsive and freezes

in Browsers and Email
    Problem with Firefox/Facebook script - page unresponsive and freezes: I'm experiencing a constant problem involving a script while using Firefox browser, with Facebook open. A pop up window on the page advises me that the following script is causing the problem.... https://static.xx.fbcdn.net/rsrc.php...HGcTRu_E.js:25 ...and gives me a...
  10. Intermittent system unresponsiveness.

in Windows 10 Support
    Intermittent system unresponsiveness.: Lately my system has been becoming unresponsive. All of a sudden everything will slow to a crawl, the browser becomes unresponsive, start menu doesn't open, desktop right click menu opens very slowly with entries missing, task manager opens empty and lot's of graphical...