Windows 10: chrome flags

Discus and support chrome flags in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am somewhat familiar with the flags in chrome and have disabled some in the past.Today there appeared a new heinous feature which is a "new tab" that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by paulaE., May 27, 2021.

1. paulaE. Win User

chrome flags

I am somewhat familiar with the flags in chrome and have disabled some in the past.Today there appeared a new heinous feature which is a "new tab" that pops up when I have my cursor over a tab above the search bar. It also pops up for example when I was over Reply in this forum.I disable the hover card tab months ago but it showed as enabled. I disabled it again, relaunched chrome and the tab didn't appear again for about ten minutes. Now it is back.How do I permanently disable this feature?To be clear a new tab is being created underneath. I think this might be different from the HOVER

:)

paulaE., May 27, 2021

2. Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, May 27, 2021
  3. Internet Download Manager extension is flagged in Google Chrome.

Hi Frank,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We can imagine how difficult it could be and we truly appreciate the time and effort that you have taken to research and work on this issue. However, we would suggest you to follow steps mentioned below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Google Chrome icon (shortcut icon) and choose
      Properties.
    2. Go to Shortcut tab.
    3. Copy and paste the following parameter in the text box across the
      Target field.

-enable-easy-off-store-extension-install

Please refer picture below.

chrome flags d43abd23-452a-4c3b-bdff-a225e56facea?upload=true.png

4. Then try adding the extension and check if it resolves the issue.

If the issue still persists, we would suggest you post your query in

Google Chrome support Forums
    for better assistance.

Regards,

Manjunath_H, May 27, 2021
  4. Mohan B P Win User

chrome flags

Voice Recorder Flags Disappeared

Hi,

I realize the problem you are facing with the voice recorder.

To assist you better, please answer the below:

• Are you using windows built-in voice recorder or any other 3rd party voice recorder application?

• If you are using Build in Windows recorder, how did you put the flag?
    If you are using built-in Windows recorder, there is no option to put a flag on recorded voice. Provide us the screenshot of recording interface with Flag.

Refer the steps given in the below link to provide us screenshots:

How to include a screenshot in your post

In case if you are using any 3rd party recorder, then I suggest you to contact the developer of the application for further help.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, May 27, 2021
Thema:

chrome flags

1. chrome flags - Similar Threads - chrome flags

2. Is Windows 11 freezing my chrome on purpose so that I use Edge instead...? I think so.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Windows 11 freezing my chrome on purpose so that I use Edge instead...? I think so.: I truly believe that Microsoft is doing what Apple is doing. My Chrome freezes every day on my Windows 11. But when I use Edge, it doesn't freeze. Hmmmmmmm...Shady...!...
  3. chrome://flags

in Windows 10 Gaming
    chrome://flags: Hello All, Whenever I made changes on "chrome://flags" the changes are not persistent. The changes are gone when we restart the browser. Please let me know the way to change it persistently....
  4. chrome://flags

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    chrome://flags: Hello All, Whenever I made changes on "chrome://flags" the changes are not persistent. The changes are gone when we restart the browser. Please let me know the way to change it persistently....
  5. chrome://flags

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Chrome extension for windows' flag emoji problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Chrome extension for windows' flag emoji problem: submitted by /u/luuk777w [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/vlvf49/chrome_extension_for_windows_flag_emoji_problem/
  7. Windows Security Flagging genuine Google Chrome as Virus and Uninstall it.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security Flagging genuine Google Chrome as Virus and Uninstall it.: I have install Google Chrome over three times, on my new laptop, but Windows Security keep flagging it as virus and uninstall it. Why is this happening and how can I stop it?My Windows Version is 21H2, OS Build 19044.1415...
  8. new chrome flag?

new chrome flag?: Apparently Chrome has activated a new flag that brings up all kinds of extra website links and listings of videos when you google some things. I did not include video in my search.I've attached a partial example. I don't want all this stuff. I know how to go to "videos"....
  9. Google Chrome flagging as "incompatible" in Windows 10

Google Chrome flagging as "incompatible" in Windows 10: Okay, so I know this is not true, since it works fine on all of the other 11 PC's in our office.The newest PC, however, did not want to know Chrome would look as if it was about to start - then, nothing.I ran a compatibility check and Windows tells me Chrome is not compatible...
  10. This is stuck on my desktop and wont go away, already set chrome and ie flags, what to do?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This is stuck on my desktop and wont go away, already set chrome and ie flags, what to do?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CommandoYi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kkl0yq/this_is_stuck_on_my_desktop_and_wont_go_away/