Windows 10: Chrome for Windows gets experimental tab hover cards, new extensions menu

Discus and support Chrome for Windows gets experimental tab hover cards, new extensions menu in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Google recently started testing a Microsoft Edge-like tab hover cards feature for Chrome and the feature was added to Chrome Canary in February. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jun 9, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Chrome for Windows gets experimental tab hover cards, new extensions menu

Google recently started testing a Microsoft Edge-like tab hover cards feature for Chrome and the feature was added to Chrome Canary in February. After testing the feature with Canary users, Google has added two new flags to Chrome 75 to enable new tab previewing experience.

If the flag ‘Tab Hover Cards’ and ‘Tab Hover Card Images’ are enabled in Chrome 75 for Windows, the browser will generate a preview image of contents of the tab when a user hovers over it.

It’s worth noting that the original Microsoft Edge already has a tab preview feature that allows you to preview the contents of a tab by hovering over it. While Google has laid the foundation for the tab previews, the feature still appears to be a work in progress since it is not enabled by default.

Chrome for Windows gets experimental tab hover cards, new extensions menu Chrome-Canary-tab-preview.jpg

If you always have a ton of tabs open, this could be a useful feature for you as it will improve tab management.

Extensions menu

Google also tested a new extensions menu for Chrome in the Canary channel and it looks like the feature is almost ready for everyone.

In Chome 75, you can also enable new extensions menu by turning on the experimental flag. The new Chrome’s extensions toolbar group all browser extensions. The extensions menu can be accessed with its own icon in the toolbar.

Chrome for Windows gets experimental tab hover cards, new extensions menu Chrome-extension.jpg

The extensions toolbox will reveal all the available extensions, so you no longer need to maintain several extensions on the Chrome toolbar or menu.

The post Chrome for Windows gets experimental tab hover cards, new extensions menu appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jun 9, 2019

2. Do not have the Experimental tab

Check out tweaking.com and his Windows Repair tool. I am in no way affiliated and an advanced user. I would normally not consider an app like this, but the free version fixed the exact same problem for me. Try it and follow step by step. I ended up purchasing the Pro version just out of appreciation for the pain it saved me.

noonna2678, Jun 9, 2019
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Naki, Jun 9, 2019
  4. Chrome for Windows gets experimental tab hover cards, new extensions menu

Experimental Tab in command Prompt Properties

The 'Experimental' tab has been totally removed in command prompt properties window for Win 10. All the features under that tab have been regrouped under the 'Options' tab.

That should have been the correct answer.

Tedpacheco, Jun 9, 2019
Thema:

Chrome for Windows gets experimental tab hover cards, new extensions menu

1. Chrome for Windows gets experimental tab hover cards, new extensions menu - Similar Threads - Chrome gets experimental

2. Chrome Extension Virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Chrome Extension Virus: Hello, there is an extension called "Apps" on my computer that I can not remove. It says that it isn't from the Chrome Web Store and I feel like I've done everything to try and remove it but yet it is still there. It usually closes Chrome and reopens randomly. It has also...
  3. Chrome Tab & Menu Font Size

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chrome Tab & Menu Font Size: The latest automatic update changed my Chrome tab & menu font size to a size so small that it can't be read. I've tried adjusting menu settings, and even reset Chrome, but no luck. Advice?...
  4. chrome extensions

in Browsers and Email
    chrome extensions: Anybody know why Google has pulled the Ghostery extension from it's web store? Even the actual website, when trying to install it you get error 404. Same thing from when trying to get it from MajorGeeks site. 141805
  5. Cant see experimental tab on command prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant see experimental tab on command prompt: I don't see the experimantal tab on the DOS command prompt even tho I'm running in adminsitrator mode. Doesn't appear to eb a way to enable the ctrl v options....
  6. Google's new Password Checkup Chrome extension?

in Browsers and Email
    Google's new Password Checkup Chrome extension?: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...jodfhijclecjno Came across this for the the first time today. Anyone using this and care to comment? TIA. 126669
  7. Google tests new tab hover cards, dark mode for Chrome on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Google tests new tab hover cards, dark mode for Chrome on Windows 10: Google is experimenting with multiple changes on Chrome browser for Windows 10. According to the latest findings, the search engine giant is working on a dark mode and a feature similar to Microsoft Edge’s tab viewer. Modern tabs Microsoft Edge has failed to attract...
  8. Enable or Disable Tab Hover Cards and Card Images in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Tab Hover Cards and Card Images in Google Chrome: How to: Enable or Disable Tab Hover Cards and Card Images in Google Chrome How to Enable or Disable Tab Hover Cards and Tab Hover Card Images in Google Chrome Starting in Google Chrome 78, tooltips for tabs has been replaced by Tab Hover Cards. Tab Hover Cards enables a...
  9. Enable or Disable New Tab Page Customization Menu in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable New Tab Page Customization Menu in Google Chrome: How to: Enable or Disable New Tab Page Customization Menu in Google Chrome How to Enable or Disable New Tab Page Customization Menu version 2 in Google Chrome When you have Google set as your default search engine in Google Chrome, you can open a New Tab page Ctrl+N in...
  10. Get an installed extension in Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Get an installed extension in Chrome: Hello! I have a browser built from Chromium, It is installed a download extension(Savior).but I want to use Chrome, I can't find that extension on Web Store. Can I extract that extension to install on Chrome? Thank you 24231