Windows 10: Chrome freeze --- is there finally a fix?

Discus and support Chrome freeze --- is there finally a fix? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; My new work laptop has the Chrome-freeze problem. That is, when I click/focus on a Chrome window everything freezes for a second or two ... and then... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by margrave55, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Chrome freeze --- is there finally a fix?

My new work laptop has the Chrome-freeze problem. That is, when I click/focus on a Chrome window everything freezes for a second or two ... and then resumes. Very annoying

No such problem with other apps. It even has me using IE just to avoid the problem. Yes ... the freeze is annoying enough for me to use IE for the first time in 15 years! I've sunken that low!

But enough is too much! Is there a fix?

Someone online said "I had Chrome 74 ... and I fixed the problem by reverting to an older version." Well ... I have version 84 ... and I'm on a corporate locked-down laptop so I can't install a different version.

Online folk remedies include resetting the graphics driver with ctrl alt windows pump-iron push-ups jumping-jacks granola B, or some such contortion. Didn't work.

Reboot. Didn't work either.

Is there a fix? Or am I condemned to use IE? *Sad

:)

margrave55, Jun 30, 2020

2. Chrome keeps freezing on Windows 10

Hi Pat,

There may be a few reasons why your Google Chrome keeps on freezing. One reason is the browser that you're using. For us to further isolate your concern, we need you to answer the following:

• Is this happening on other browsers as well (e.g. Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox)?
    • Does the issue persist only on a specific website or it occurs on all websites?

Let us know if you're still getting the same error after performing our suggested troubleshooting step so we can assist further.

Aldwin Ale, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Chrome freeze --- is there finally a fix?

Sporadic freezing in Chrome

Doesn't help. The freezing continues.

tabascosauz, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Chrome freeze --- is there finally a fix?

1. Chrome freeze --- is there finally a fix? - Similar Threads - Chrome freeze finally

2. freezes Edge and chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    freezes Edge and chrome: After updating a month ago windows 8.1 freezes Edge and Google chrome. Before that, everything was fine. More users have a problem with this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/freezes-edge-and-chrome/34499905-5a03-4048-9c2d-029cf78f1acc
  3. freezes Edge and chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    freezes Edge and chrome: After updating a month ago windows 8.1 freezes Edge and Google chrome. Before that, everything was fine. More users have a problem with this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/freezes-edge-and-chrome/34499905-5a03-4048-9c2d-029cf78f1acc
  4. Finally Fixed!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Finally Fixed!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Human7900 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ojgc0i/finally_fixed/
  5. Google Chrome Freezing

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Freezing: When I am navigating google maps If I walk away and come back sometimes Chrome is froze. I have to close chrome and reopen. Also YouTube videos if I pause the video and come back after screen goes off I have my monitor go off after 3 minutes. But it does not matter how long...
  6. Chrome freeze --- is there finally a fix?

Chrome freeze --- is there finally a fix?: My new work laptop has the Chrome-freeze problem. That is, when I click/focus on a Chrome window everything freezes for a second or two ... and then resumes. Very annoying No such problem with other apps. It even has me using IE just to avoid the problem. Yes ... the freeze...
  7. Finally Fixed iTunes

Finally Fixed iTunes: After months of problems with iTunes (had to completely remove iTunes and all supporting software and reinstall to update, couldn’t sync or backup devices, backups kept disappearing) I finally found something that at has, least for now, solved the problems. I installed the...
  8. Chrome keeps freezing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Chrome keeps freezing: Ever since i bought my Surface 3 laptop a week ago my Chrome has been freezing multiple times per day. I've tried: - Re-installing chrome - Disabling all my extensions - Updating Chrome & Windows - Clearing history & cache So i was wondering if Chrome freezing can be...
  9. Chrome keeps freezing

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome keeps freezing: I don't know what I'm doing. All I know is my Chrome keeps freezing, and my last update was 9/14/16 KB3188128. I don't want to jump thru a ton of hoops, I just want to click on an .exe and the problem gets fixed. Sorry for the lack of patience, but I don't have an MCSE, and I...
  10. Network issue finally fixed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network issue finally fixed: Well after trying a zillion fixes for the Network issue on my Windows 10 Pro Anniversary system which none of them worked *Sad I finally formatted the drive and done a clean USB install of Windows 10 Pro Anniversary, And now I can see my computer under the "Network" and I...