Windows 10: Chrome GPU process?

Discus and support Chrome GPU process? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; If GPU process is supposed to offload browser tasks to the GPU why does it consume so many CPU cycles? What is your understanding of Chrome's GPU... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Kol12, May 21, 2018.

1. Kol12 Win User

Chrome GPU process?

If GPU process is supposed to offload browser tasks to the GPU why does it consume so many CPU cycles? What is your understanding of Chrome's GPU process and do you enable or disable it?

:)

Kol12, May 21, 2018

2. Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, May 21, 2018
  3. Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    Google Chrome Help

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, May 21, 2018
Thema:

Chrome GPU process?

1. Chrome GPU process? - Similar Threads - Chrome GPU process

2. system process causing gpu to be always on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system process causing gpu to be always on: I have been having this issue from the month of july, system process is not allowing the gpu to go to idle state and this causes lag in laptop, this lag happens periodically every minute happens, in every app, in videos , when scrolling when typing. If I sign out of windows...
  3. system process causing gpu to be always on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    system process causing gpu to be always on: I have been having this issue from the month of july, system process is not allowing the gpu to go to idle state and this causes lag in laptop, this lag happens periodically every minute happens, in every app, in videos , when scrolling when typing. If I sign out of windows...
  4. Unsupported GPU Processing Mode in DaVinci Resolve

in Windows 10 News
    Unsupported GPU Processing Mode in DaVinci Resolve: [ATTACH]If DaVinci Resolve displays the Unsupported GPU processing Mode error message, then it could be because of an incorrect response from the Graphics Driver, where the Graphics Driver restricts the app from accessing the CUDA functionality. The error message says:...
  5. Process's GPU Utilization is Missing in Task Manager

Process's GPU Utilization is Missing in Task Manager: After I updated Windows 11 22H2, only CPU, Memory, Disk, and Network utilization are shown in the "Processes" tab. Before the update, I could also see the graphics usage and power draw, as well as the usages currently visible. I currently have installed the latest Nvidia...
  6. Unsupported GPU processing mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unsupported GPU processing mode: After downloading davinci resolve 18, why do I keep getting a popup that says Unsupported GPU processing mode, please advise. I just did an update and still nothing where do I go from here?...
  7. Unsupported GPU processing mode

Unsupported GPU processing mode: After downloading davinci resolve 18, why do I keep getting a popup that says Unsupported GPU processing mode, please advise. I just did an update and still nothing where do I go from here?...
  8. Unsupported GPU processing mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Client Server Runtime Process GPU spikes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Client Server Runtime Process GPU spikes: Hello, I've been having these GPU Spkies since some weeks, this started to happen when i updated to Windows 10 v1909 on the v1903 this didnt happened but it started to happen after some days i installed v1909 it mainly happens if i have a video playing the gpu just spikes...
  10. Hidden chrome processes... what are they for/doing?

in Browsers and Email
    Hidden chrome processes... what are they for/doing?: [img] When I opened process explorer and chromes internal task manager the number of chrome processes in each was very different and I would like to know why chromes internal task manager listed 12 and I'm fine with the 12 it lists but process explorer listed 30 chrome...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. What is Chrome GPU process?