Windows 10: Chrome hangs until I press windows key

Discus and support Chrome hangs until I press windows key in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This has been going on for a few weeks now. A very select few websites operate normally; but in general every link I click will either slow Chrome down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SeamooreButts, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Chrome hangs until I press windows key

This has been going on for a few weeks now. A very select few websites operate normally; but in general every link I click will either slow Chrome down to a crawl (worse than I remember a 56k modem being) or just stop working altogether. Sometimes the windows gui will hang anywhere from a split second to minutes at a time. The one and only solution I've found is to press the windows key and type randomly; 90% time everything will go back to normal when I do that.

I've had the same hardware for about 3 years now; same keyboard, mouse, wireless adapter, everything.

I've reinstalled the OS; formatted the hdd, clean install from a flash drive. First thing I did was install Chrome, didn't log into my account, no other software outside of Chrome and the problem persisted.

I don't have this issue in Firefox/IE or Edge or using any other software.

My work is heavily reliant on Chrome and I'm out of ideas passed buying a new pc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

SeamooreButts, Dec 13, 2018

2. Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Dec 13, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Latest Google Chrome Released for Windows

Source: Some devices may hang or freeze when using certain apps, such as - Microsoft Community

Brink, Dec 13, 2018
  4. manofthem Win User

Chrome hangs until I press windows key

Booting without press any key

@dhievm go ahead and list the model number that gives exact specs/info.

Does it stop right at the Toshiba logo and sit there? Will it sit forever til you press a key, or will it eventually work after so long?

manofthem, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

Chrome hangs until I press windows key

1. Chrome hangs until I press windows key - Similar Threads - Chrome hangs until

2. Keyboard acting as a am holding keys until I press again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard acting as a am holding keys until I press again: It's not my keyboard being dirty but it doesn't recognize that I let go the key go and never will until I press it again I think I happens more often when my computer is under stress I think but I might be wrong and I recently found out I can cause it to happen on demand by...
  3. Keyboard acting as a am holding keys until I press again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard acting as a am holding keys until I press again: It's not my keyboard being dirty but it doesn't recognize that I let go the key go and never will until I press it again I think I happens more often when my computer is under stress I think but I might be wrong and I recently found out I can cause it to happen on demand by...
  4. Windows 11 wont boot untill I press Windows key + c

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 wont boot untill I press Windows key + c: Hey there...Im currently facing a booting essue with my laptop..After the last windows 11 update i got 22H2 , os build - 22621.2428, my computer wont boot up.. it hangs on the dell logo screen and no loading animation the circle either.. [Firstly happend on windows update,s...
  5. Windows 11 wont boot untill I press Windows key + c

Windows 11 wont boot untill I press Windows key + c: Hey there...Im currently facing a booting essue with my laptop..After the last windows 11 update i got 22H2 , os build - 22621.2428, my computer wont boot up.. it hangs on the dell logo screen and no loading animation the circle either.. [Firstly happend on windows update,s...
  6. Keystrokes not registering until a key is pressed multiple

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keystrokes not registering until a key is pressed multiple: I got on my laptop this morning to find that whenever I am inputting text in any application that I need to press a key multiple times to get inputs to register. I do not mean that if I wanted to type the letter G that I need to press the G key multiple times, I can press the...
  7. Keystrokes not registering until a key is pressed multiple

Keystrokes not registering until a key is pressed multiple: I got on my laptop this morning to find that whenever I am inputting text in any application that I need to press a key multiple times to get inputs to register. I do not mean that if I wanted to type the letter G that I need to press the G key multiple times, I can press the...
  8. Cursor hangs and the last key I pressed is spammed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor hangs and the last key I pressed is spammed.: Usually while playing games, my cursor suddenly freezes but everything on my pc is still moving just fine and while its frozen for about 2 seconds, the last key on my keyboard is spammed. For instance, lets say I am typing 'Hello' and if my cursor freezes while I am typing...
  9. Cursor hangs and the last key I pressed is spammed.

Cursor hangs and the last key I pressed is spammed.: Usually while playing games, my cursor suddenly freezes but everything on my pc is still moving just fine and while its frozen for about 2 seconds, the last key on my keyboard is spammed. For instance, lets say I am typing 'Hello' and if my cursor freezes while I am typing...
  10. Windows 10 not functioning until Win key pressed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 not functioning until Win key pressed: Hi all. I have an HP Pavilion. When I turn on the computer, and periodically after, nothing works until I press the windows key. Then it is fine. Reloaded Windows, changed the hard drive, changed the RAM. I think it started after I updated the BIOS, but can't be sure...