Windows 10: Chrome has stopped opening following the most recent August 8 2020 windows updates

Discus and support Chrome has stopped opening following the most recent August 8 2020 windows updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Chrome has stopped opening following the most recent August 8 2020 windows updates... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DCWoodard, Aug 9, 2020.

1. DCWoodard Win User

Chrome has stopped opening following the most recent August 8 2020 windows updates

Chrome has stopped opening following the most recent August 8 2020 windows updates

:)

DCWoodard, Aug 9, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 9, 2020
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Aug 9, 2020
  4. Chrome has stopped opening following the most recent August 8 2020 windows updates

Cannot open programs since most recent update

Hello,

You mentioned that you have this issue after a recent update and you have ran the System File Checker and no integrity violations found. I would suggest that you follow the steps given in this

link
    , although you are not seeing any error messages but still it's clearly that there is something wrong with the program not opening up. It could be that program is corrupted that is why it is not opening anymore or the recent update was not installed
    properly and the system file is damaged. The link I provided has a lot of troubleshooting steps that you can follow, it addresses most of the issues you have with the system.

Just post back if you have more queries.

Thanks.

Shirlen Agu, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Chrome has stopped opening following the most recent August 8 2020 windows updates - Similar Threads - Chrome has stopped

2. Unable to start PC following August 8 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to start PC following August 8 Update: My laptop froze on me and I was forced to do a hard reboot. PC would not restart and attempted to do an automatic repair. This did not work. Went to advanced options. Most options require an Administrator Password which I have never been asked for before would not take my...
  3. Unable to start PC following August 8 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to start PC following August 8 Update: My laptop froze on me and I was forced to do a hard reboot. PC would not restart and attempted to do an automatic repair. This did not work. Went to advanced options. Most options require an Administrator Password which I have never been asked for before would not take my...
  4. Unable to start PC following August 8 Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Chrome does not open after the most recent update. is there a fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome does not open after the most recent update. is there a fix?: just updated with the most recent Microsoft update. when i click on the chrome icon to start up chrome, you get a spinning circle next to the cursor arrow for a couple of seconds and then nothing happens. is there a fix?...
  6. Chrome does not open after the most recent update. is there a fix?

Chrome does not open after the most recent update. is there a fix?: just updated with the most recent Microsoft update. when i click on the chrome icon to start up chrome, you get a spinning circle next to the cursor arrow for a couple of seconds and then nothing happens. is there a fix?...
  7. My PC has slowed to a crawl following the most recent update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC has slowed to a crawl following the most recent update.: My PC updated with a cumulative patch on the 13th. Now, when my PC starts up, it slows down to a crawl for about twenty to thirty seconds before I'm even able to log in, and then for another minute roughly until my PC stabilizes into something normal. I installed a new...
  8. My PC has slowed to a crawl following the most recent update.

My PC has slowed to a crawl following the most recent update.: My PC updated with a cumulative patch on the 13th. Now, when my PC starts up, it slows down to a crawl for about twenty to thirty seconds before I'm even able to log in, and then for another minute roughly until my PC stabilizes into something normal. I installed a new...
  9. Recent KB Updates August 2020 Freezing Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recent KB Updates August 2020 Freezing Windows: Does anyone have a fix for the latest round of updates I just got essentially killing my desktop? It gave me a prompt saying that I must restart now and then installed KB4566782 and its supporting updates right after. After about 2 hours of waiting, my PC booted and was...
  10. Cannot adjust screen brightness since most recent update late August 2020

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot adjust screen brightness since most recent update late August 2020: Cannot adjust screen brightness since most recent Windows update late August 2020. It's a Lenovo Thinkpad P51 Intel R core TM i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz 64bit operating system, x64-based processor Windows 10 Home Version 2004 OS build 19041.450 Thank you for any...