Windows 10: Chrome: how to disallow Chrome from going into fullscreen mode

Discus and support Chrome: how to disallow Chrome from going into fullscreen mode in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a long term problem with Chrome. When I close the last tab on the right on the tab bar, the browser will often go to fullscreen mode. I haven't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MrDoh, May 24, 2019.

1. MrDoh Win User

Chrome: how to disallow Chrome from going into fullscreen mode

I have a long term problem with Chrome. When I close the last tab on the right on the tab bar, the browser will often go to fullscreen mode. I haven't found a solution to this, so I thought if I could find a way to prevent Chrome from going into fullscreen mode, this would solve my problem. I never use apps in fullscreen mode, particularly Chrome, so this would be a fine solution to this persistent problem.

I don't want this behavior, it's distracting and annoying. I'm currently using the 19H1 update on a Windows 10 Pro system, but I had this problem back with the 1803 build as well.

Does anyone know how to prevent Chrome from going into fullscreen mode? Is there a setting somewhere for this? I really hope so *smile*.

Thanks.

:)

MrDoh, May 24, 2019

2. Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, May 24, 2019
  3. TewttewT Win User
    Google Chrome stuck on white screen

The issue seems to be hardware acceleration. At least in my case it was. I solved my problem by performing the steps below.

• Right click chrome shortcut and go to properties.
    • Click the Compatibility tab and run it in compatibility mode for Vista.
    • Open chrome then go to Settings>Advanced then under the
      System
      heading there is an option to disable hardware acceleration.
    After performing those steps you can stop using compatibility mode for vista.

Hopefully this works for you!

TewttewT, May 24, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, May 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Chrome: how to disallow Chrome from going into fullscreen mode - Similar Threads - Chrome disallow Chrome

2. google chrome tab not showing when alt+tabbed in fullscreen mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    google chrome tab not showing when alt+tabbed in fullscreen mode: hi, i'm not sure if this is a chrome issue or an OS issue, but when i alt+tab while chrome is in fullscreen mode, the chrome window does not show up as one of the windows to tab to. i remember in the past it did, and suddenly it didnt anymore i have attached a picture of...
  3. S mode Chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    S mode Chrome: Hello, I just upgraded my internet speed to chrome. Now I cant access chrome without getting out of s mode. I need this to work from home. HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/s-mode-chrome/e9cacc3a-c218-4137-8248-dca967629f39
  4. DestTop Mode in Chrome?

in Windows 10 Customization
    DestTop Mode in Chrome?: Please help me. I do I get my computer in DestTop Mode in Chrome? thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desttop-mode-in-chrome/1814833e-44c4-47fc-a892-ca809952760d
  5. Chrome: how to disallow Chrome from going into fullscreen mode

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome: how to disallow Chrome from going into fullscreen mode: I have a long term problem with Chrome. When I close the last tab on the right on the tab bar, the browser will often go to fullscreen mode. I haven't found a solution to this, so I thought if I could find a way to prevent Chrome from going into fullscreen mode, this would...
  6. Chrome, Snap, 1809 and fullscreen video

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome, Snap, 1809 and fullscreen video: I don't know how common this is, but i found a solution to a problem at least some people were having. (Primarily a couple of reports on the Chrome Subreddit, one of which i have answered with the solution) I thought it might be useful to put the solution here too as a...
  7. Chrome notifications not going away

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome notifications not going away: 'Ease of Access > Show notifications for' does not work. Notification for things like USB thumb drive, auto play works correctly following the default 5 seconds. Anyone experiencing this issue? My chrome mail and YouTube subscription just get stuck there forever until I open...
  8. Youtube fullscreen shows taskbar (Chrome)

in Browsers and Email
    Youtube fullscreen shows taskbar (Chrome): Hi, Today i started having a weird issue with fullscreen on Youtube. I have Youtube on my left monitor and twitter on my right monitor. When I click fullscreen on the youtube video i get one of two problems. I either get: 1. It doesn't go fullscreen at all and...
  9. BSOD on fullscreen video in Chrome

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on fullscreen video in Chrome: I recently made the switch to windows and I get BSOD very often while trying to full screen a video in Chrome. I tried reinstalling windows and I still get the error. I tried letting windows install the video drivers, it BSODs, i tried letting the lenovo update tool...
  10. Windows 10 Mouse acceleration fullscreen chrome.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Mouse acceleration fullscreen chrome.: Feeling like a total noob on there.. despite having like 2,000 posts on the seven forums *Party But any who, is anyone else having weird mouse acceleration using chrome in fullscreen on windows 10?? Its Chrome and chrome only, and the mouse acts like its drunk,...