Windows 10: Chrome I am blocked as the administrator.

Discus and support Chrome I am blocked as the administrator. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; somehow in Chrome I am blocked as the administrator. I am the only person using my laptop! I thought if I changed it in Microsoft it might allow me to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ineedhelppleasejmj, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Chrome I am blocked as the administrator.

somehow in Chrome I am blocked as the administrator. I am the only person using my laptop! I thought if I changed it in Microsoft it might allow me to be the admin again in chrome. Don't know how to change administrator in Microsoft.

:)

ineedhelppleasejmj, Mar 9, 2020

2. Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Mar 9, 2020
  3. Firefox "blocked by administrator; Edge, Chrome, Opera, IE not blocked

I run W10 (upgrade from 8.0) on a Lenovo G700 laptop. This morning, I reinstalled Firefox, but I get a "blocked by administrator" message. Chrome, Opera, Edge and IE all work normally. I can bring Firefox up with "Run as Administrator," but that won't
    work when I click on a link in an email. How do I fix this? (I have a vague memory that I dealt with it before, but I can't remember any of the steps.)

RogerBlair1, Mar 9, 2020
  4. Chrome I am blocked as the administrator.

In Windows 10 does Microsoft Family block adult content in Chrome?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about blocking adult content on Google Chrome as it6 was working fine before the update to 1511, we will help you with this issue.

Step 1: I suggest you to re-configure those settings as you have performed previously and check if it helps.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall the browser from Programs and features, reinstall it from the website and try to reconfigure it.

You can also uninstall a program from the Control Panel:

• Press Windows + x key to open a task list from the bottom left corner of the screen.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Programs and Features.

• Right click on Google Chrome
      and select uninstall and follow the onscreen instructions.
    Try to download Google Chrome from the below link using Internet Explorer

Google Chrome - The New Chrome & Most Secure Web Browser

Step 2: As you are facing issues with pop-ups on Microsoft Edge, I suggest you to turn on Block pop-ups option and check if it helps.

Please follow the below steps to do so:

Steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge, click on More Action ("...") at the right top corner.
    • Click on Settings, click on View advanced settings
      under Advanced settings.
    • Then simply slide the Block Pop Ups
      to the off position.

Step 3: You can also provide your valuable feedback to Microsoft.
    Follow the steps below to write a feedback:

1. Type Feedback in the
    Search
    box on the Task bar.

2. Select Windows Feedback.

3. Click on Add new feedback
    and write your feedback.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for any assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 9, 2020
Thema:

Chrome I am blocked as the administrator.

1. Chrome I am blocked as the administrator. - Similar Threads - Chrome blocked administrator

2. I *AM* the Administrator!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I *AM* the Administrator!: How can I convince my computer that I really am the administrator? I own the darned thing, no one else uses it, who ELSE would be the Administrator? Yet, when attempting certain tasks, it tells me that only an Administrator can do that. Then it presents me with a button that...
  3. arma 2 setup.exe blocked by administrator, whilst I am still the administrator.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    arma 2 setup.exe blocked by administrator, whilst I am still the administrator.: hello, today I tried installing a game from it's disc, but I cannot install it with out this warning popping up:my system has had no trouble in installing disc games before.I am the only administrator, and my account is a local one....
  4. An Administrator has blocked you from running this app, but I am the administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    An Administrator has blocked you from running this app, but I am the administrator: Hello, so recently my laptop has been going nuts. I am the only user on the computer, and my account is an administrator account with full access. The computer is blocking me from accessing some apps due to the error saying' An Administrator has blocked you from running this...
  5. Windows Firewall Access is blocked by unknown Administrator. - I am the only administrator...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Firewall Access is blocked by unknown Administrator. - I am the only administrator...: I was suspecting a trojan on my laptop windows 10 pro that my sister had catched through a stupid pop up when she disabled the adblock in the browser. I was right, and I used multpiple scan tools and did the cleanest scanning i could possibly do, took me hours. i...
  6. blocked for my protection when i am the administrator

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    blocked for my protection when i am the administrator: Using 'reset' this PC I lost bluetooth capability which I had before the reset. The bluetooth adapter had disappeared from device manager.A windows adviser gave me a link to download a fix but it won't run. It gets Blocked by an administrator. I am the administrator for this...
  7. Blocked apps even though I am administrator

Blocked apps even though I am administrator: When I try to open different things such as a Samsung USB driver a window pops up saying "This app has been blocked for your protection" I have given myself administrator as well as making a new user and giving that one administrator too but the same thing happens....
  8. chrome blocked

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    chrome blocked: I cannot get pictures that were downloaded,says chrome blocked on this computer.Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-blocked/07a68572-b5a0-488e-8c9e-d3f29797a1aa"
  9. Blocked by administrator when trying to download software, but i am the administrator

Blocked by administrator when trying to download software, but i am the administrator: every time I try to download software from Samsung I am blocked. Help please! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/blocked-by-administrator-when-trying-to-download/4fd3aa31-38d0-4242-af82-14f44966a1fb"
  10. Firefox "blocked by administrator; Edge, Chrome, Opera, IE not blocked

in Windows 10 Customization
    Firefox "blocked by administrator; Edge, Chrome, Opera, IE not blocked: I run W10 (upgrade from 8.0) on a Lenovo G700 laptop. This morning, I reinstalled Firefox, but I get a "blocked by administrator" message. Chrome, Opera, Edge and IE all work normally. I can bring Firefox up with "Run as Administrator," but that won't work when I click on a...